All reviewscabana rooman overnight staytwin bedsa bit crampedhouse keepinghotel is locatedin lawssliding doorroom amenitieshot and cold showerpeople's parkcomfortable staytourist spotsfilipino breakfastparking spacecasitahighway
Reviewed March 8, 2016 via mobile

My family stayed in one of Casitas room. The room interior is quite old.
The veranda is very dusty, can't even use the chairs outside because it's really dirty.
The bathroom is old. Flush is not working at times. Water comes very slow in the shower, looks like there's a problem with the water pressure.
The staffs are very accommodating and helpful.
Food in their resto are okay. But the service is not good, waiters look like they are not well - oriented.

Stayed: February 2016, traveled with family
2  Thank Aileen S
Reviewed March 7, 2016

Last November 28 -29, my family and I went up to Tagaytay for a short break. We decided to stay at Hotel Dominique.Hotel Dominique is conveniently located along Aguinaldo Highway, and is easily accessible by private transportation. There are also
public buses that travel along that road. It is quite near the Pink Sisters convent (10-15min walk), as well as to the Olivarez Plaza (10-15min walk). You could also opt to visit the new Ayala Mall (Serin), or the other restaurants overlooking Taal Lake, which are around 15-20mins away on foot. Depending on the time of day, it might take the same amount of time using a car because there is a bit of heavy traffic due to the bottleneck at the rotonda. Lourdes Church is also nearby (beside Ayala Serin mall), in case you would like to hear mass.

The hotel itself is very nice. It has a quaint / homey feel. There are several buildings within the compound because they have a hotel building, as well as a number of cabanas (stand-alone unit) and casitas (duplexes). They also have a small convention area within the compound. The area has a lot of plants and trees, adding to the tranquil ambience. There are common parking spaces in front of the hotel (along the highway), as well as inside. For the Casitas, there are parking spaces provided for each unit (2 cars). They have a restaurant / cafe beside the reception area, and a pool. We stayed in 1 Casitas unit. The unit comfortably fit our group of
6 adults and 1 baby. The ground floor had 1 double bed, and 1 single bed; while the attic had 1 double bed. The unit could fit 8 adults as there are also 2 pull-outs available. However, they already charge Php500 for each extra person over 6 adults. This includes beddings, towel, and toothbrush; no breakfast. The unit also has 2 T&Bs, 2 TVs with cable, and 2 airconditioning units. A ref, electric kettle, and cups and saucers were also available. It also has a small terrace overlooking the hotel grounds. The water pressure was strong whenever there was water. It was
unfortunate that during our stay, there were times when the water would run out. It would take a few minutes before the water pressure would restart, but then it would run out again after a few minutes. This happened in the evening. In the morning, it was better. It was good, though, that the hotel staff apologized and explained that it was the first time it happened to the hotel, and that it might be because the hotel was fully booked (with many rooms that even had extra people staying). We also appreciated the fact that even if we called on them repeatedly to attend to the
water, they were still pleasant and we did not hear any grumbling / complaints from them. Needless to say, their customer service was quite good. Their attendants were very pleasant and were quick to respond to our requests. Checking in and out was a breeze. I just have to cite one instance that did not sit very well with me. The day before our scheduled check-in, I received a call from Hotel Dominique saying that my booking will be cancelled because they have not received any downpayment yet. Obviously, I was very annoyed because: 1) When I made my booking last November 2, I specifically asked how much downpayment I needed to pay and the booking agent said there was no need -- pay upon check-in; and 2) They decided to notify me about this on the day before our scheduled check-in when I did not have enough time anymore to attend to it. Thankfully, I was able to explain it all to the hotel staff, and I appreciated the way she handled my concern. She was calm and still pleasant, and was able to quickly address this concern to my favor.

Breakfast was good. It was plated, and there were four (4) sets available to choose from. The set I chose (pork tapa, rice, egg, orange juice, and coffee) was quite tasty and very filling. You could actually buy at their restaurant the frozen meat and fish
that they serve at breafkast to bring home.

Some comments:
1. In relation to the incident regarding my booking that I cited above, perhaps it would be better to initiate a similar call by asking first if the guest is confirming his / her booking or not, then state that the reason you asked is because you have not
received any downpayment yet. Rather than informing the guest directly and right away that their booking is being cancelled, without giving the guest a chance to explain why no downpayment has been made yet.

2. Please ensure that both your reservations team AND your sales / after-sales team are aware of your hotel's booking policies and procedures, to avoid confusion for the guest (and for the hotel staff as well).

3. Kindly address the water supply situation that you had during the Nov 28 - 29, 2015 weekend. We were okay with the intermittent water supply, especially because your staff handled our concerns well; but other guests may not be as gracious. Also,
if that was really the first time that the hotel experienced it, then that is a good opportunity for the hotel to make improvements.

4. The airconditioner in Casitas 1-B has a leak. It's not very strong; however, it did create quite a big puddle overnight on the floor near the staircase. I hope you could fix this.

Overall, it was a pleasant stay and we enjoyed our time at Hotel Dominique. It was a quiet and peaceful place to recharge and bond with the family. We will definitely come back (just please make sure to fix the water supply).

P.S. I would like to commend Ms. Kim (sorry, I did not catch her last name). She was the Sales Officer who was able to quickly address and close the issue I cited regarding my booking.

• Stayed: November 2015, traveled with family
5  Thank shutterbug07
Reviewed March 2, 2016

We stayed here on almost 2 consecutive weekends with our family. We booked the casita with attic. It's quaint and nice, the aircon works well, the rooms were spacious, there are 2 TV (1 on the casita and 1 on the attic), and also have 2 bathrooms, the other one having bath tub. However, the water doesn't heat fast or it actually didn't heat well at all, given the cold weather in tagaytay during our stay, we really needed warm bath.

I also find the rooms are not well-lit. But anyway, the landscaped outdoors make up for it. The villa-designed houses are perfect for picture taking. They also have swimming pool and restaurant. The breakfast offering is just okay, the usual Filipino breakfast.

The location is near the Rotonda but not along the ridge, so it doesn't have a view. Also it takes a while if you have a request from front desk, or sometimes they forget about it, you had to follow up.

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed February 13, 2016

We were a large group stayed for 2 ngts in Casitas and Cabana rooms.

Room rates were good, comparable to others in Tagaytay area.
The Casitas had a tub, as requested by my wife, and ample hot water.
Although the faucets leaked all over. Rooms were clean, and spacious but all the lights were unplugged for some reason. Small fridge and safe in-room, Beds were comfortable. Second floor offered a double bed and ensuite with shower.
There was a balcony, fully barred for security seemed it was never cleaned for some time.

Cabanas room were slightly smaller, but had patio doors leading to a covered patio.
We didn't use as wanted to limit the mosquitoes from entering.

Service was good and prompt. The a/c in my sister's room leaked and we called maintenance and they took care of it asap.

Food - breakfast was included and very good. Tasino and rice Mmm! Pancakes a la cart, coffee could be better. Enjoy in-room or dine in the restaurant.

Pool - HD loses points as the pool wasn't clean, we could barely see the bottom and there were no maintenance staff around.
It was unfortunate since it was the only hotel with a pool, the kids soaked in the tub instead.

There were other facilities we didn't explore - reception hall, games room.

Overall, good stay but will check out other places next time

• Stayed: January 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed February 8, 2016

Well, this is a delight. For the price that I paid, I wasnt expecting such security, peace and a sense of exclusivity when we got here. The thing about Hotel Dominique is its location. You can say it's not at the heart of the city, but being just at the highway and yet a bit secluded, I'd say I really like what we got. The hotel is more than the usual. When we got in, we were taken to this wide ground with the pool and paved pathway. It was like being in a village, Getting up to our room, I was so much satisfied with the soothing feel. There is window to look over, the bathroom was clean, the TV's got cable signal, we had a ref (surprise again!) and the sheets were neat and elegant. The people there were so nice and the breakfast was well-presented. Not buffet, but was well-presented. I think I found a place in Tagaytay to return to on my next visit.

Room Tip: The buildings farther from the highway is really nice.
  • Stayed: October 2015, traveled as a couple