“Nice, budget friend”

Ranked #12 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Makati, Philippines
“Nice, budget friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a night using our cashcashpinoy voucher and it was good value for money. True to the GMs response in one of the reviews here, the wifi system in the hotel has improved considerably. We could use our iPads and tablets easily inside our room. Our child loved the cartoons on cable tv, and the hot and cold shower was easy to operate and properly functioning. Plus point was when we requested for late check out at 1:30 PM, the front desk readily accommodated our request. We therefore took our time enjoying the taste of the complimentary breakfast (my husband and me ordered beef tapa and it came with fried rice and two (2) eggs cooked to your liking). My husband and me are coffee lovers and when my husband requested a second cup, the friendly waiter willingly addressed our request. My daughter enjoyed her sunny side ups paired with marmalade and butter. We were also given a plate full of sliced sweet watermelon as added complimentary. Neither my daughter nor me are fruit lovers but we loved the taste of its sweetness. Though the lighting on the floor where we stayed seemed a bit dim for me, I believe the matter could have easily been addressed if only we requested to light it more. But then, we were away most of the afternoon anyway that I didn't really feel the need to request it. Besides, they keep all lights open at night (it was upon our arrival at 5 PM when the lights were limited) so when we got back from food tripping, my daughter didn't really get nervous.

The room size is just enough, it is not as grand as the usual 5-stars' size but it has all that we needed for a relaxing night: a nice hot and cold, simple but elegantly designed toilet and bath, a comfortable matrimonial bed, a cabinet to put our bags in, a dresser for grooming, a personal ref, and some dining stuff like glasses (you can request for cups and saucers, etc.).

Parking was not a problem even if we arrived a bit late than most guests. It is not so far from the city center but it is very near the Pink Sisters Convent. There is a fruit stand across Hotel Dominique and buses and jeepneys abound the area because it is along the Aguinaldo Highway. There is no view of Taal Volcano, but you can always hop on a bus and you're at the rotunda in no time. We already tried staying in other hotels in Tagaytay with a terrace facing the lake (pricier than usual, of course) but I find I don't really need it coz I'm a late riser anyway (which was the reason why we needed to check out late). Besides, our house is not too far from Tagaytay, we can always see Taal Volcano anytime :-)

Once in Tagaytay, visit also the Picnic Grove, Palace in the Sky, and Sky Ranch, and you can enjoy as far as Alfonso and Batangas (Caleruega). Or you can just eat and eat and eat like we did :-) Weather is great most times of the year.

I think we also saw the GM during breakfast though we didn't get to talk with him. He looks like a man who knows how to do business the right way, especially in dealing with his staff. I believe he takes the reviews, especially the negative ones, quite positively and act on them. He is friendly to kids. I should know coz my daughter is quite "makulit" and nosy for her young age but he put up with her very nicely that my daughter would have wanted to spend one more night there (she normally hates staying in hotels because she hates the idea of leaving her toys at home) had we not reminded her that she still has early classes the next day.

Room Tip: We took a deluxe room, three of us on one (1) bed. Our little girl had a good night rest. But an e...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Butuan, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014

I was amazed. It looks simple in front but the moment you get inside the premise - wow so wonderful. It is themed like you are somewhere outside the Philippines. It is like a big compound where houses built separately from one another. It infuses relaxing environment. I may be miles away from home but I felt like i am home. Cool climate. You can walk at a rolling pathway without worries of your safety as the whole property is securely fenced. It is built as houses,each house was assigned with Philippines known hardwood trees.

Its clean anywhere - inside the room, public toilet and function rooms. Foods are all tasty, nutritious and well blended with our needs. Everyone in the hotel is kind and helpful. Wifi is everywhere for free. I can feel that the owner is a good-natured individual as it reflects with the kind of personnel who served us.

If given the chance, gonna get back to this place. Surely, will recommend to everyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Jelotz
ottawa canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 26, 2014

The standard room was fine, a little small but comfy and clean.I was the only tourist ,the rest were a government seminar conference,so a tad noisy at night and in early morning.Staff were helpful and friendly A 10 mmiute walk into town,to see crater/lake

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank zalnikor
Quezon City, Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2014

My family went to Tagaytay to celebrate my dad's 61st birthday. Since we got online vouchers for the hotel, we decided to stay in this little cozy hotel just along the highway before the Tagaytay rotunda. Rooms on the 4th are more well-kept than those on the first. Wifi was limited to the lower floors. Breakfast was okay but could be better if they had tawilis in the options since it's what Tagaytay is also famous of. Pool didn't have lights at night so we were not able to use it. Part of the place was under construction due to an additional building being done. Use of billiards table was not part of the deal. We weren't able to check out the gym, though. Lastly, management may want to consider adding little tykes' playground and spa service together with the accommodation rate.

We love how the little cabanas and rooms were setup. We stayed in the rooms at the building so we could see from our veranda a village-like setup of the other accommodations. Since we stayed there on a Sunday, it was very quiet and clean. Their staff was great and the ambiance is right for those who just want a quiet escapade. ;)

Room Tip: Choose the upper rooms for better view of the place.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Mandaluyong, Rizal, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was here for a seminar 5 years ago, but it didn't feel at all like work. The refreshing atmosphere makes you feel peaceful and relaxed. The rooms had a "cabin-like" feel. It was charming and makes you want to light up a fireplace (in your mind) Though it doesn't have the view of Taal Volcano this is a great restful place after a day out in the town. I'm wondering how it is now actually. Plus from what i googled as of late, the price range is pretty budget-friendly. Worth experiencing. For family or couples who want privacy.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Taguig City, Philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and I stayed here just for three hours when we realized that the bed was itchy. We checked under the bed linens and we saw 2 black crawling insects. Also on the curtains we saw a few cockroaches. We went to the front desk to just check out and requested for a refund. Unfortunately, we only got 1/4 of the full amount that we paid for. This is the worst hotel -- poor customer service, the rooms were old and gloomy.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Chazzy16
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Mr. Chazzy 16,

I was very surprised with your concerns which led me to do a very extensive investigation of the matter. I met immediately with our vermin control service provider and thoroughly reviewed the reports for the services done during the 4th quarter of 2013, particularly on the month of November. I found no report pertaining to the presence of cockroaches or insects or even similar incident to your concern that would have been required special treatment/s for the said period from them.

The Hotel is consistent on the implementation of its 100% full refund policy for undelivered services and products that do not conform to the needs and requirement of our guests. On November 2013, there is no record of guest refund in our Finance Office.

In my regular review of our records regarding handling customer concerns, I cannot recall any refusal of an offer for a room upgrade and or room transfer, related to a room condition/type/functionality complaint received by our Front Office during the period of your stay with us.

Though I have some reservations about your post, I assure you that still this will be taken seriously and necessary improvements will be put into actions.

Sincerely yours,

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

I was excited to have my first. Tagaytay trip after 3 (?) years.... When i arrived at the hotel, i realized it was not on the ridge overlooking Taal Volcano. I was already booked and have paid for it - no choice!

The hotel front desk is literally little room that can seat only 3 people at a time - its not welcoming...... It took some 20 minutes before i was finally led to our room.

The room is so cramped for comfort. The lighting was bad.

The guys who are doing room service seemed okey - courteous, friendly, attentive. The restaurant staff also were okey.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Arr V
Dear Arr V,

This is to say my sincere apology for the delay during your check-in. Although our location is not really the best spot in Tagaytay to enjoy the majestic view of Taal Lake and Volcano, however, we are just a few meters away from one of the view deck areas located at the Tagaytay Rotonda. I am grateful also that you had enjoyed the hospitality of our people, which is the real beauty of Tagaytay City.

Respectfully yours,