“Peaceful & relaxing”
Review of Hotel Dominique

Hotel Dominique
Ranked #14 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Stayed here with my cousin & her kids last March 30 in their Casitas w/ attic room. They have 1 queen size bed with pull out, a single bed, TV, a personal ref, a big bathroom w/ bathtub plus bathroom amenities. And in the attic they have a king size bed & a pull out, also a bathroom & a TV. Our room is not only spacious but also clean. And I love their staff who are all very attentive, friendly & courteous. They have a small pool & a jacuzzi too. The breakfast they offer is ok & the staff in their resto are all fast in giving out our request. Btw, you have your own parking space...oh I love it here. Will be back w/ my own family.

Room Tip: Casitas with attic is good for a big group.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank maan24
There are newer reviews for Hotel Dominique

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I bought a voucher from an online site so I was able to save 50% off the original price. We stayed on a deluxe room, room was clean and in order. Staff were always smiling and very accomodating. Booking was also easy but there were times that their telephone numbers were busy. Complimentary breakfast was really good and delicious :) No complaints except for the bathroom wherein the water won't drain from the sink. But over-all, it is a very good place to stay :) We will go back there in November but this time we are booked in their casitas room. Money spent was really worth it.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank AlessandraM925
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I initially tried Hotel Dominique because of a voucher that I purchased in Ensogo. I had no idea where this hotel was and if it's really a good one but eitherway, I still ended up staying here last year. To be honest, I was apprehensive to check in here because its proximity from the town proper where the sightseeing attraction and the market, restaurants are is a little far compared to other accommodations. When I got there, I was a bit surprised to see how wonderful the place is. The hotel in itself is very beautiful and you'd actually just end up wanting to stay inside rather than go out and stroll in Tagaytay. The landscape of the hotel is similar to a small European Village with quaint houses lined up and surrounded by plants. Albeit it being old, the place is still very well maintained and clean. The rooms are big and is a good place to stay in whether you are travelling with your family or friends. Aside from that, another plus for this place is the fact that you can do alot of things while you're there. They have a small pool, gym and billiards/ fun room that you can use. If that's not enough, they also have a good selection of breakfast which is included with the room rate.
Eversince last year, I have been coming back to this hotel because it's actually a home away from home. I thought that the location would be problem but in truth, it's actually strategic, it's just 10 minutes from the Town proper (Rotonda), the San Agustin bus line is a few blocks away and jeepneys pass by in front of it. It's quite convenient for those with vehicles (since they also have free parking) and those just commuting.
The staff here are also very friendly and accommodating, if you ask the frontdesk on the different tourist attractions and routes to take, they would gladly assist you and even give suggestions. Boy, their GM is the most helpful of them all. He really takes time to talk to their guests, specially the regular ones and tries to assist them in the needs that they have.
I will definitely go back here again. If you're planning to stay here, I suggest that you get either their cabana or casitas with attic, you'll love the privacy!

Room Tip: Choose the Casitas with attic, really nice, cozy and warm
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

Dear Anj D,

My sincere thanks for taking the time to post your heartwarming remarks on our products and services. Also, we highly appreciate sharing some of the pictures of our facilities.

It's always our pleasure to serve you here at Hotel Dominique!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I purchased a deal from one of those group buying sites and got to stay in one of their Cabanas. Booking with them was easy and we even managed to get the reservation moved to another date (because of family matters). On the day itself, my boyfriend and I were surprised about the hotel's facilities (The hotel looks small when you pass by the main road). The room was clean and neat, and has everything you need for an overnight stay. Well-maintained, I should say. Car park is not a problem. The hotel has a small gym. We didn't have the chance to use the pool because it was so cold. The pool is not as big as it looks in pictures, but little kids will surely enjoy. If you don't feel like eating in the Hotel, riding a jeepney going to famous Tagaytay restaurants is not a problem (minimum fare) because the hotel is just along the hi-way. The hotel food was good though, their breakfast meals were fine. Staff and personnel are also very accommodating. My only concern is the wifi connection, not a single connection available. Other than that, we really enjoyed our short stay here, and we're looking forward to come back.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 19, 2013

For those of us who live in Manila, we look forward to Tagaytay as its greener, quieter, less high rise and offers the scenic beauty of the lake and volcano. Unfortunately spending a few days at Hotel Dominique offered nothing to enable us to better enjoy the delights of Tagaytay. The conference room has no windows, (may as well be in Manila...) the hotel has no grounds/green space to appreciate the fresh clean air of Tagaytay, the pool is in the parking lot and I am sure never used. Unfortunately the food was also bad buffet, and the room I had was a tiny box, not even enough space to lay down my yoga mat. I tried to escape the hotel to go for a walk and encountered the noisy/dangerous highway where it is situated...ended up in a housing development where I was eventually kicked out. Just trying to go for a walk! Sorry but I cannot recommend this place and there is no reason to leave Manila and come here.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BombaxFlower
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Dear BombaxFlower,

This is to let you know that we value this post and we are serious in dealing comments and feedbacks from our guests.

We already had almost 2000 corporate events since we started in 2003. In fact, the major expansion of the Hotel in 2005 was brought by the high demands for such by our clients. With this, we can say that Hotel Dominique's location is an ideal place for conference/convention/seminars since it is located along the highway and near the commercial areas of Tagaytay. While it is located along the busy highway, guests could hardly hear the noise of traffic because we have strategically situated our guestrooms and function rooms in the most peaceful and quite part of the property. The function rooms have big glass windows with heavy drapes curtains. The group or organizer may request to open the windows if they want to breathe the cool breeze of Tagaytay. Though, most function rooms are closed to outside disturbances so participants can concentrate and avoid distractions. The swimming pool is also open for guests and mostly used especially during summer due to the cold weather here. There are pockets of gardens and some fruit-bearing trees in the area as well. There are plans to add some more plants and flowers. The European-inspired rooms are of several types with dedicated parking space. Our corporate packages offer a flexible menu selections and our Chef is most willing to accommodate request for those who have special dietary requirements.

We regret to hear from your post if the event organized by your group did not meet some of your personal preferences like a bigger room for your yoga session and choices of foods for the buffet. Also, that we missed a possible arrangement with our partners offering recreational and sports facilities to provide you a safer place for your walking/running activities. Though the Hotel Gym is provided with equipment for cardio and body building exercises. Contact details of our tie-up Religious and Retreat Houses in Tagaytay that offer open and greener areas are also available for our guests' request.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My family enjoyed our overnight stay, had a superior room located at the 3rd floor. Since it's hearts' month, wooden red hearts were all over the place, made me fell in love with the place more! ^_^ Staff were friendly, food were reasonably priced and my 2 kids can't resist taking a dip into the pool despite the cold temp. The hotel is located along the highway, thus making it accessible to establishments. We will definitely come back, and next time we'll bring along friends and relatives.
BTW, i hope the management will work on the w-fi connection =)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank erikalouise
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We got a voucher deal of approximately P1800 per room per night. It was 50% off.

I would like to start with reservation. It was swift and had no problem. Problem started when we wanted to enter the room after check in. The key card wasn't working, and it was hard to open the doors using the keys. The intercom wasn't working. The comfort room was dirty. I think our room was dirty as well, as I started to have allergies and my mom an asthma attack that night.

If we didn't get a voucher deal, and paid full price, Im sure my reaction wasn't as calm as now.

If there would be such a voucher deal again, would I avail it? The answer is no.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank sophiegrayy
HDTagaytay, General Manager at Hotel Dominique, responded to this reviewResponded January 31, 2013

Dear sophiegrayy,

This is to express our serious interest to your review and how thankful for your comments.

We are dealing already all the concerns and will implement necessary improvement with our housekeeping standards and door lock system. We will not elavorate the technical details of our corrective actions, though best results are higly regarded.

Yours sincerely,