“Cozy... A true delight!”
Review of Hotel Dominique

Hotel Dominique
Ranked #15 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed September 14, 2011

The facade of the hotel looks so small from the outside but when my boyfriend and I went inside the facilities, we were surprised. It was huge, there were house-type rooms that can accommodate families. Since we were just a couple checking in, we got the deluxe type room. For the price and for the location, it was perfect for us. The swimming pool looked so cold but we actually tried swimming at night, it wasn't freezing!! The staff were always smiling and courteous. The food was cheap. Overall, the experience was a true delight. We will definitely go back again. Thanks for the great holiday. :-)

Room Tip: No need for an a/c at night. The weather was cold. :-)
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
9  Thank fr3ak-a-zoid

Reviewed September 4, 2011

We were booked here for a corporate outing / family fun day. We stayed at the Casita room with an attic. The price of an overnight stay at the Casita room with attic is on the average. The rooms were clean. A plus was that the attic had another shower and bath while the lower level had a tub and bath. Beds were comfortable. Sheets were clean. The upper and lower levels each had its own TV set. A mini fridge was available for use. Complimentary bottled water, toothbrush sets, liquid soap and shampoo (in dispenser) were provided for. The room could comfortable fit 5-6. The funny thing was that 6 bottles of water and 6 toothbrush sets were provided for and yet there were only 4 towels provided for in the room. Extra towels were available with a fee (P50.00). I noticed that anything else extra had a fee (blankets, sheets, pillows and even a hairdryer).

The downside: the room had poor lighting. It was just too dark and gloomy. Since the casitas were designed the be able to conjoin two units. You could very well hear your next door neighbor through the paper thin walls. Unfortunately for us, our neighbor had a nagging mama and young kids. At 5.30 AM in the morning, we could here every word they said.

The company that set up the outing probably got a package with meals included. The food was --- edible. If you're hungry then you'll be thankful that there was food on the table. That's all I can say. At least the coffee was good barako coffee. The hotel had several function areas which would be good for conventions and student or church camps IF they improved their menu I guess.

The pool was small but clean. Nothing about the pool will entice you to swim. I think the hotel had a game room with a pool table but I did not bother to check it out.

I wouldn't mind staying here again if I had to attend a convention or outing here again but I wouldn't book this place for my family if I had a choice.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank ditz_8
Reviewed July 9, 2011

Last saturday me and my fiance chose to stay in hotel dominique for our weekend getaway. That was our second time to stay in the hotel. All i can say is that their service was consistently good and rooms are consistently clean and without a feeling of goose bumps. Although the breakfast food for our room was small in serving, I guess that's what I will get for the cheap room rates that I paid. After our 2nd stay I promised myself that I will post a review to share our positive experience with the hotel. Overall we were highly satisfied and we will definitely be back.

• Stayed: July 2011
12  Thank dosmadghie
Reviewed June 18, 2011

Valentine’s Day? This would be the romantic place for couple. The place is very pleasant and the staffs are very friendly. We really like the swimming pool at the hotel. I felt I was at a five star hotel because of the comfy hotel rooms they offer for couples. I would definitely recommend this place to my friends.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank JHULLEN
Reviewed May 22, 2011

It was our 6th wedding anniversary and we needed some place to go away from the city even for the weekend only. A much needed respite from all the stress from work. And Tagaytay it is... since it’s just a few hours from Manila. It is located near the so-called Tagaytay famous strip. We decided to stay here for the ambience, so quiet, although i must admit that the rooms are a bit worn out. The heater in the shower is not working. There is also a swimming pool where you can freely make use of during the day. The free breakfast is not buffet, it is served per plate. In totality, i would still recommend this place to my friends because of the ambience...but be sure the heater is working.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
8  Thank owen083175
Reviewed October 1, 2010

We decided to splurge on our trip to Tagaytay, yes, we could have gone to Discovery, but it's overrated (pun intended)
We discovered this hotel, rate is higher than the others, but we could say that we got what we paid for.
Service was all out. We commend the guys who kept our room clean, it always felt like we have just checked in everytime we went back to our room to retire, spotless. But with our personal belongings respected and untouched.
Glad we found discovery. A new way to see Tagaytay.

Ms. Leslie and the Kads :)

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
6  Thank PeteHansen75
Reviewed May 19, 2010

We booked a Cabana and a standard room during the week of May 1-7, 2010 at Hotel Dominique. A bit pricey compared to the other hotels in the area, but the size of the rooms and the privacy was well worth it. The facade of the hotel looks small from the main road, but it was a pleasant surprise to see its actually a big complex within. I guess it was this deceiving exterior that discouraged most of the crowds, and helped maintain the 'privacy' of the place. I noticed that the hotel only had a few staff, but from the moment we checked-in, the hotel attendants were very, very courteous, and response to our various requests were very prompt. The Cabana accommodations were arranged in a circle around the pool, so very, very convenient for guests to make a mad dash from their lodging to the pool and back. Both the rooms and the Cabanas were very, very clean...the bedsheets were crisp, the mattresses comfortable. Room size was huge (at least the Cabana) and there was even a walk-out patio with seating for those late-night drinking sprees when traveling with friends and family. I would have liked it more if the rooms were equipped with a microwave, iron, and a hairdryer, but I guess you cant have it all. The Cabana room lighting was a bit too dim for my taste, but I guess it was done to create a more relaxing mood since its mainly a vacation place. The water pressure of the bathroom shower was not very strong too ...but I guess that's quite common in the Philippines and not something you can blame the hotel for. Everything looked clean and well-manicured in the grounds of the hotel. I noticed that there were even maintenance crews roving the grounds in the afternoons just to touch-up on fading paint, etc around the premises. The pool was very, very clean, with great landscaping all around it. As for food, the hotel restaurant served very, very good Pinoy cuisine. My brod and I cant get enough of their kare-kare and crispy pata...really one of the best in Tagaytay. The servings were huge at the price they were charging. There were also a few restaurants along the road a few paces away from the hotel. The hotel is right on the main road too, so you can ride a jeep (if you are commuting) or a bus to the main rotonda and back very easily. The place really was very relaxing and not yr usual touristy, crowded place. A couple of friends stayed with us while we were there and both are already making plans of coming back with their own families. We are definitely coming back again on our next visit to the Philippines.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family