“accommodating staff”

Ranked #23 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Butuan, Philippines
“accommodating staff”
Reviewed March 1, 2014

After more than ten years, I chanced upon visiting the famous vacation hub in the southern part of Luzon. I've seen lot of changes. Renowned business entities are now starting to be around the area but its simplicity remains.

I checked in Emiramona Garden Hotel a day before our seminar in a nearby hotel. The booking is easily facilitated through phone by the Staff named Edlyn. I called her just three days before my arrival. At that time the available room is in the 4th floor. I asked her to transfer my room reservation should there be a vacant room in a lower level and she did.

The accommodation is in a single superior with free breakfast. The room is just enough for me. It has complete good amenities –spacious toilet with hot and cold bath, water heater, hair dryer, personal fridge and soft bed. All of the staff is kind and accommodating, helping me out to all my needs.

The hotel is located about 50 meters away from Aguinaldo Highway. It has a unique feature – a resto with a swimming pool inside.No noticeable signage but the place is known to locals.No worries if you miss the place when you are riding a bus. Just be sure to alight in rotunda, the trike will take you there.

Overall, my stay with this hotel is good thou a little bit pricey.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Jelotz

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Devon
Reviewed January 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel in December 2013 for 3 nights. It is quietly located in landscaped grounds. The double room with a matrimonial bed was excellent although a little on the small side. We enjoyed the furnishings and especially the quality of the furniture in the large lounge on the ground floor. The staff were all very friendly and the service and cleanliness of the room was also very good indeed.
The only downside was the bed. Although it had a mattress overlay I found the bed to be extremely uncomfortable and too firm and it gave me backache although it's fair to say that I am quite sensitive to different mattresses. My fiancee however had no complaints about the comfort of the bed
Would I stay there again? Yes, but would request an additional mattress overlay

Room Tip: Request a room in the block at the rear away from the road and the pool, and avoid rooms adjacent to...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank qsbuilder
Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

The room stinks, dirty bed sheet, TV cannot be used, toilet bowl flooded...shower head cannot be used, how worse can that be????
The one good thing is the staffs were nice....that's all.
At the end, we left the hotel at 6 in the morning.

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
10 Thank 867nikkic

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I arrived Tagaytay a day before our couples retreat which will be held right infront of the hotel (Angel'sHIll) so that we don't have to wake up early for the 8am call time. Upon arriving at 8pm from Manila, we were greeted by very courtious hotel staffs. The room was very clean and smells good. The only thing was that we kept on asking for a foot towel because there was none in the bathroom. They sent 2 large bath towels they use for the pool area. We just used the hand towel provided in the room instead. The free breakfast was very simple.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room at the back not facing the road. You can hear cars passing by.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank isaacmanila
Cavite
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just had a chance to stay in this hotel when i attended Deped Seminar. I found this place so simple but relaxing place to stay bcoz it's cool ambience and clean surrounding. Though i was not able to directly pay the rate..i think this place is worth your money when you need to look for a place like this.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank yettedoll
Mindanao, Philippines
Reviewed February 15, 2013

Pros:
1. Quiet ambiance
2. Good food
3. Eager and uber polite staff
4. Very accomodating... the group decided to leave earlier & the management agreed to
pack-up our pm snacks "to go" (considering it was a late notice)
5. Location is convenient

Cons:
1. The walk from the main bldg. to the function hall where we held our seminar is a bit
uncomfortable since there was no covered pathway & the pavement's slippery; thus I had
to endure getting wet a bit (twas raining most of the time I was there). The staff provided
umbrellas after several of us complained, but since we were a large group the number
provided didn't suffice.
2. No wifi in the room...one can only get a good signal if you stay in their main lobby.

Suggestions:
1. A covered pathway from the main bldg. to their resto/ pool area & function hall.
2. Improve walk-way such as a hand rail for elderly guests who'd be staying in the villas since the tiled pavement can get slippery.
3. Improve wifi connection

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank babyspills
manchester
Reviewed February 4, 2013

Trainees and regular staff members are a breeze of hospitality and friendliness. Food serving and price is generous, I must say! However though the garden and building facade looked beautiful and clean, the owner is clearly wanting to make "just money". Expensive room rates if you want to rest. You can hear what goes on in the next room and hallways and hotel manager could not even control rowdy guest. I guess its because of cheap building materials. Poor training of some staff: tried to enter my room using a wrong key. May I suggest please first check if key number is the same with room number descriptions and please knock. Don't bother turning off the lights, because they flicker endlessly as if you're in a concert. If you ask for a change of room, ask them to spray to remove foul odor of sweaty feet. Before enjoying your stew in the diner, check if the chef left a whole bundle of rope in it. I was halfway throught when I found the bunch. Manager was extremely polite to offer desert. Wifi is terrible. Kindly improve your hotel place and staff, am certain we as guest deserve our money's worth. Thank you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business