“Good food, ambiance needs improvement”
Review of Gourmet Farms

Gourmet Farms
Ranked #21 of 175 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: Healthy
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Serving you the freshest and finest healthy mediterranean-italian dishes in Cavite. The Dining Room... Your must-dine place.
Reviewed August 15, 2014

We had the ff: wild mushroom soup, mango arugula salad, basil Lemonade shake, beef kebab and vongole.

I was just supposed to have water but when I tried my husband's basil lemonade, I wanted to finish it right away so I got one for myself too. It was so good! Next time we go back, I will make sure to order an extra glass for take away. While waiting for our orders, I stood up and walk around then I saw their buffet of soup and salad. You make your own salad & they weigh it (php100/gram). An order comes with soup. When I checked out what kind of soup they had, our server approached me and asked if I wanted to try it- he said he'll give it for free. I said why not. It was very good I would have gladly paid for it. They used fresh wild mushroom. Mango arugula salad was also very good I ended up buying a big pack of arugula and vinaigrette dressing at their store.

We were happy with our main dishes too. I was surprised with the beef kebab meal. I initially warned my husband about ordering it as it might have been a safer choice to get their pasta dish but he said he was craving for kebabs. I'm glad I didn't insist on him getting pasta because rice and beef tasted very good- rich & authentic. My pasta was cooked al dente too. It had generous serving of clams. I took home half of the pasta though as it can feed 2 not too hungry individual.

So we loved the food- but why the 4 stars? The ambiance. It felt cold. They should improve on the lighting. It's nice that they used antique furniture, the aparador with huge mirrors are great but the poor lighting gives an unwelcoming feel. Maybe if it felt more homey, moving to another place for coffee & dessert would not have been an option for us too.

3  Thank Loren P

Reviewed July 10, 2014

I been coming back since 10 years back in time and always enjoy the well prepared and fresh food.The ambience was better before this decision to create a restaurant in a Mediterranean style was in my eye,s not so think through.Relatives from Europe reacted with what a location for a moske.Philippines should be Philippines nothing else.

4  Thank Caproy
Reviewed May 20, 2014

The "The Dining Room Pizza" was their bestseller. It was ok. The vegetable toppings and meat used tasted fresh and organic. It was like a home-cooked organic pizza hut. Be sure to ask for parmesan cheese and the chilli flakes to season it to a better taste. Quattro Formaggi is also a must try. The "The Dining Room Garden Salad" was also recommended at P100 per kilogram. It was priced ok. Plenty of arugula and fresh-from-the-garden organic vegetables to choose from. The blue colored dome in the entrance is eye catching and sets the ambience of a Mediterranean look. The main dining hall with high ceiling and high side windows looks like a nice events place to hold a birthday or an intimate 50-guests wedding.

2  Thank VanceC
Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

I visit the place almost everytime I drive to Tagaytay and that's pretty often. It never fails to make me feel like I'm fed with right food. Classic lemonade is refreshing. Friendly staff not to over persistent friendly if you know what I mean .

1  Thank joeymoto
Reviewed April 27, 2014

The Dining room & Gourmet cafe offers the best food in town, a combination of fresh vegetables, tender chicken/beef meals plus good selection of coffee. Two reasons why this restaurant is a must-dine and why we always enjoy going to the Gourmet Farm: Quality of food and Farm tour. Not to mention the fresh air, definitely our experience was great plus a happy tummy.

2  Thank Rhirhi S