“Rooms are so small and they need sound proofing” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Quezon City, Philippines
“Rooms are so small and they need sound proofing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

5. Clean Bathroom
6. Great Spa Services

Not so good points:
1. Rooms are really small - you can actually hear the guests from the next room
2. AC is unstable (temperature needs to be regulated)
3. Bathroom is nice and clean but it is really very small.
4 The whole area needs to have a facility to control the noise

I actually had a good time here despite of all the not so good points about one tagaytay since I was with my family. I just suggest that they should think of having their rooms carpeted so it will minimize the noise and sounds. Privacy is very important for me that's why i pointed it out here. So if you are a family with Children make sure you tell that to the receptionist. On the other hand if you are just a couple who needs rest and privacy, make sure you request for a room that is not next to a room occupied by a family or a group.

I actually tried to go back there last June but there rates were now high and the lowest rate room is around 6000+ which I think is not practical anymore considering the room space. Anyways, I'll try to check it out again and will let you guys know.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank imabackpacker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Manila, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2010

Room was cozy but the bed was a bit stiff. Free wifi was real slow and the food was terrible!!!
Location was great!
7-eleven was just around the corner.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank jotan23
Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2010

Rooms, swimming pool, lobby, elevator, billiard table and almost everything were much smaller than what you see on the website. But hey, that's the only downside on my two-day stay there. Swimming pool's well maintained. No slimy feeling on tiles, very clear water. Very clean. Only 4 feet deep and it's on the rooftop with a spectacular view. Rooms were very clean. Wifi signal was very strong. No need for password. I'm not sure on other floors. Very friendly staff. Breakfast is so-so. Lots of flies on their breakfast area (oh yeah another boo) . There's a 7/11 store on the hotel building so it's convenient. I didn't try their other food.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank vacaymode
Makati
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2010

We checked-in there for my birthday's eve with my Sweetie, sister and her partner. I booked for one bedroom deluxe for me and my partner and a deluxe room for my sister that's why I can barely tell the difference.

Since it's Sunday, we got the "Monday Delight" promo so we got it at a cheaper rate. The One Bedroom Deluxe is nice, clean, though their bathroom is really small.. We have a living room with LCD TV, the bedroom itself is nice, though one thing we noticed while sleeping was the bed was exactly our height while lying down (I'm 5ft and my bf is about 5"5) so we imagined how a tall couple would extend their legs out of the bed while sleeping.

The Deluxe Room of my sister is a SO-SO... wallpaper was yellowish and torn on some parts of the room, TOO small than the website photo.

FYI, the hotel itself is not over-looking Taal, it's on the other side. However they have a beautiful swimming pool over-looking a landscape, I can say, their pool is such a photogenic.

They have a Tower Lounge where you can hang out and have few bottles of beer at night with cool music (they have acoustic band during Friday). And one good thing was there's a 7-Eleven at the first level of the building.

The wi-fi as promised in their website wasn't discoverable during our stay.

The breakfast buffet was good, fair enough.

Over-all, it was good, if you want a place in Tagaytay with pool, I will definitely recommend this, but if you're looking for an over-looking.. then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank islalicioius
singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2010

At the eleventh hour my itinerary had to be changed and a friend suggested that I should visit Tagaytay instead as it is only about 2 hours drive from Manila and it has a cool climate. So I visited TripAdvisor for help and I stumbled upon One Tagaytay Place as the review said that it is new. I had other hotels to choose from but I decided on this hotel as the reviews were good..

I arrived on a rainy day but the comfort of the hotel room made up for the grey weather outside. The staff was very helpful especially the General Manager Mr. Karl Velhagen who did everything he could to ensure that my first visit to Tagaytay was a memorable one. I had a great time at Tagaytay as the hotel room was comfortable and the buffet breakfast had a good selection. The coffee house served a delicious Asian salad which is something no one should miss!

The hotel is also very near to the Palace in the Sky where one can have a birdeye's view of Lake Taal. Also a 7 eleven shop is around the corner and it is so convenient to buy some snacks. Outside the hotel there are many jeepneys to take to town for the adventurous. If you have not tried a jeepney in the Philippines this is the place to try as there are no taxis in Tagaytay.

At the end of the trip I was so sad to leave One Place Tagaytay Place as I got to know the staff as if we were one big family. What a wonderful discovery! Enjoy your stay!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Makati, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2010

we stayed here during the apr 9 long weekend. understandably, the place was packed.
i was excited to see the hotel as the website has excellent pics. check-in was fuss free, however i asked for the wifi password and they promised to give it to us in our room but never came. i had to ask for it again when we went down for dinner.
we stayed in the deluxe room and i was not surpised when i found the room much better in pics. however, it was a still a good enough room. biggest problem would be the 'funky' smell from the bathroom, even before we had the chance to use it. the group next door was very noisy and we had to endure that through the thin walls, too.
spa services were too expensive so did not try
breakfast was okay; the staff could be better trained though as they took too long to cater to requests for sugar or cream, etc.
i got this room for a steal so overall, i would still go back if for the same price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2010

One Tagaytay Place may just be a "new" hotel and is still on their way to "pulling their acts together". We fully understand that.
But what made me surrender my "thumbs up" sign to this hotel is their professionalism and customer service.
Of course, it helped that the hotel is new and that their rooms are cozy enough, but it was their GM KARL who sealed the deal for us.

We had a rough start last year (We have been coming back eversince on a regular basis). I initially booked for a room with a "larger" living area but was given a small one. It turned out that there was some miscommunications.

Upon knowing this, their GM phoned us in our room and offered his apologies. That should have been enough, but this guy seemed a total perfectionist and would not stop unitl he knows that his guests are satisfied.

He gave us several options and really spent time making us happy.

We were hooked since then.

Now, we come here regularly.

Everytime we are in Tagaytay, it is just One Tagaytay Place for us.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family