“Great hotel in Tagaytay; Attentive & Accommodating Staff”

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Pasig, Philippines
“Great hotel in Tagaytay; Attentive & Accommodating Staff”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

One Tagaytay Place is one of the more famous hotels in Tagaytay. I stayed here with colleagues this month and found this hotel to be quite nice. The elevator and hallway may be a bit small but the rooms compensated for the space since the rooms we booked are huge enough for 5-10 adults. The interior of the rooms are modern and has an ipod dock which really adds up to the points since few hotels offer this amenity. Our room also had a foldable sofa bed, bathtub and balcony with a fairly nice view of the taal lake. Included in our accommodation was the buffet breakfast that I really loved because of their delicious tapa and scrambled eggs.

Apart from the rooms and breakfast, the staff were very attentive to our needs and requests making sure that they are all met in a timely manner.

Outside the main building of the hotel is a famous pasalubong store named "Rowena's" where you can buy different pasalubong items like their famous tarts. This is very convenient for us since the original stores of Rowena's could get really crowded specially during the weekends.

All in all, One Tagaytay Place is a great hotel to stay at.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank leydelossantos
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 29, 2013
Dear Ms. Leydelossantos,

Thank you so much for staying with us and also for sharing your wonderful experience in our Hotel from the hotel interior of the rooms that are modern, ipod dock,complete modern furnitures and bathroom fixtures and balcony with a fairly nice view of the taal lake. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed our buffet breakfast especially the delicious tapa and scrambled eggs.

Aside fro the breakfast,and rooms set up, its so nice to hear that the staff were very attentive to your needs and requests making sure that they are all met in a timely manner.

Again thank you so much and we would love to serve you again in your next visit.

Ruben Alcoriza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We arrived here Saturday of June 15, 2013, the Check-in was a little bit slow but they were nice to grant my request for a room in the upper floors where I thought it would have a nice view of Tagaytay, but I thought wrong... Anyway the 1 bedroom suite was clean and nice, It quite resembles a 1 bedroom condo unit because it has a living room seperated from the bedroom, and both have an LCD TV which for me is ok because I like to sleep late and having a separate room where I can watch TV without disturbing the kids is awesome.

The main attraction for the kids are the swimming pool. The main pool area is clean but is very small specially the kids pool where it resembles like a jacuzzi. You cannot have a relaxing dip or even thread a little with this pool for just a small group of 10-15 people, its crazy and chaotic! The surrounding also needs to be painted especially the metal design hanging from the sides, its very rusty!

The breakfast buffet is terrible. Its so simple, one has to wonder that there are no professional breakfast chefs employed by this hotel because of the simplicity of the menu, even our house help can cook this simple breakfast foods...

But given these flaws, the overall service by the receptionist, to the bellman,massage therapist and security personnel are good. The Wi-fi is average, the 2 aircon units together with the remote commanders and LCD TVs are all functional. The 2 elevators are operational, hot and cold showers are fine, and there is an underground parking area free of charge.

The check-out was fast, but to my dismay, as my family was about to enter our car, to our horror, we are "kindly" harrased by the report of the housekeeping that one of the small face towel is missing from our room. We informed them to look for the missing face towel in the pool area and they did find it there, but imagine the embarrassment that we suffered in front of other guests! May I say that the staff needs to be trained a little bit more with regards to handling these simple things in a manner that will not be scandalous to the guests.

The fact that this hotel has no views of tagaytay, the food is so-so, the amenities like the pool is so simple and small, and the embarrassment my family experienced at the last moment that we are about to leave for just a small face towel, I would say that I would rather stay away from this hotel the next time we visit Tagaytay and would not recommend it to my relatives and friends.

Its just like a motel with a building.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Adel S
Dear Mr. Adel S,

Greetings fro One Tagaytay Place Hotel!

First and foremost let me say thank you for your recent stay with us as one of our valued guests and more importantly for sharing with us how you felt with our services and facilities. We value so much our guest comments as it serves as a guideline and platform to getting better and further improve our services.

My sincerest apologies for the inconvenience the front desk caused you for a bit slow in checking in and how you felt about our breakfast offering.The same thing goes for the issue on the face towel. Again my apologies. The issues have been discussed thoroughly with the corresponding management team and you can be assured of better service not just on your next visit but for all other guests patronizing our hotel.

I hope you will give us another try and in your future visit please do not hesitate to contact me anytime.

Ruben Alcoriza

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Laguna
Reviewed June 17, 2013

i have big expectations because of the reviews I've read but my husband and I were disappointed and unsatisfied with our stay...
we stayed in a "one bedroom suite", the suite that we've stayed in is small compare to the other suite that have the same rate also..i happened to know because we accidentally passed by while the crew is cleaning the other suite..so we requested to transfer but the receptionist is not accommodating at all.. (asking what are my concerns why I want to transfer and lying that there are extra beds already in the room because of an early check-in of other guests...which is NOT TRUE because I've just seen the room 5 minutes ago) tsk tsk... why is it so hard for them to make an extra effort for their customer to be satisfied???? would it cost them a lot if they'll transfer us????
then the pool.. we went to the rooftop where the pool is located but the door towards the pool was closed... com'on! we called the receptionist to assist us and they said that they'll open it right away but it took them 15-20 mins to send someone to open it... haiissstt.. there are no umbrella's beside the pool making our things slightly wet due to few rain fall..
the set breakfast comes with fruits which are just two bite size of watermelon and pineapple. they said that if we want a buffet breakfast, we have to pay 250 each... uumm no thank you..the wifi signal in our room is weak too..and after we checked out, i noticed that our change is short of 100 pesos, it's my fault also,i should have count it before leaving..so we came back to get it. the only thing i like in our stay is the comforter.. really loved it. over all... we did not enjoyed our stay and we're not going to recommend it to our friends.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank kristinamarie28
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Dear Kristinamarie28,

I would like to thank you for your posts which is very helpful in assessing our services and it serves as a reminder on how we as a hotel should conduct our ourselves in communicating and dealing with guests services and guest concerns. I have taken note of the concerns with all other department heads and your comments will be used constructively to review the services we offer and for improvements.

Again, thank you for bringing to our attention the shortcomings you have experienced. I do hope this will not deter you to give the hotel another try.Please send me a line.

Viersen, Germany
Reviewed June 9, 2013

My Fiancee and me booked (online) a 4 days/3nights stay at the One Tagaytay Place Hotel including a "check-in time" at 1pm, we made additional comments for the room after reading comments from this site e.g no connecting door, room on the edge, high stage for a better view , not on street side etc.

So we made the travel in good hope and expectations from Metro Manila (via Bus) to Tagaytay and from there (Olivarez) with a Tricycle to the Hotel. (Be aware of the Tricycle drivers and their prices, a ride is PHP 40 not more and for a ride, not per person!)

We checked in on the 5th of June at 1pm and our room was not ready at that point. We were excused by the friendly staff on the reception that it would not last long till the room will be ready, so we went to the restaurant to "bridge" time and take our lunch. We chose both Pasta for our lunch (spaghetti carbonara and Chefs recommended spaghetti with Sea Food-tawilis).
The food was definitely the price not worth (PHP 300 each). It was more a bunch of noodles with garlic and "stuff" than a carbonara, no sauce no salt.

After the disappointing meal, we finally got our key card for the requested and booked room. unfortunately the room was not the booked and requested one. It has an connecting room and it was not on the edge, it was a room straight to the street.
My question on this is, do someone read the specifications of the customers?

Ok, we just called the reception and wanted another room as we requested it in the online booking service. After 5 minutes a service member knocked on our door and transfered us to a much better room, why not directly??

Where Gold is, is even Bronze, so we had to recognize that our room now had some unwanted "guests", ANTS.
It seems really a Problem in Tagaytay with this little hard working insects :). So we just recognized them and told the room service to remove this guys out (especially in the bathroom), but till our check-out the problem wasn't resolved.
So we just lived with them because we were in holiday.

The location of the Hotel is good, you can walk easy to picnic grove and back, you have a 7 Eleven just around the corner and there you find a BPI ATM Terminal if you need Money and Olivarez is only a Jeepney ride far away (PHP 11 each).

Dependent on the package you book you have Wifi in your room and of course in the lobby (if its working). On the 3rd Floor is the Venue and Fitness Center(the fitness devices need really some repair!) located and you find a Spa ond the ground floor (we had a couple massage and enjoyed it, really relaxing and the tea is a secret tip :))

But one major insolence point is the Breakfast, we saw a lot of "foreign" guest (like me) in that time in the Hotel and the only "Basic" Breakfast you get is 3 Choices of Filipino Breakfast. If you want an Continental one, you have to Upgrade your Breakfast to a Buffet for (each person PHP 250) and this makes the Breakfast a mess!

On the third day of this Breakfast debacle i ask the staff if its possible to get an egg and some bread without any extra charge and it was possible, so they server french toast and scrambled egg !

The Hotel Pool is located on the roof top and we enjoyed it every day if our stay, but it is really not big and if there are more then 10 people its getting crowded.

You can order at Jolly Bee or other delivery services but its not clear where to take the food from the delivery guy (in the lobby or on your floor).

For a Hotel with 1 floors the elevators are a little bit small and the elevator program is sometimes even "weird".

The Hotel Staff is friendly and helping very fast, but sometimes giving correct informations an having communication seems not there strength. As an example: We asked for WiFi and Internet Connection, we got a password table for log-in for the WiFi Router but we didnt have internet connection. The cause was that at that moment the DSL Provider had an problem, but we asked 3 different Staff Members and only the last said that there is an DSL Problem.

Summarize:

There is much space for improvement for this Hotel, especial on the Breakfast, Cleanliness, Communication, Booking and Service.

Room Tip: - Take a room on a higher floor - No Connectiong Doors - On the Edge - No Street View YOU have...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank xsdenite
Dear Xsdenite,

Firstly, please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconveniences in your stay with us and thank you very much for taking time to write your review which will be very helpful in the improvements of our hotel services. The Management have taken note of all your concerns seriously, and have discussed with all the concerned departments relative to the issues you have raised.We will surely use your review as one of our platforms in further upgrading the services we offered to our clients.We do not take any guest comments and concerns as trivial but instead we look at it in a positive way.

We hope your recent experience with us will not deter you to come back to our hotel..Please drop me a line when you intend to come back and I will attend to your needs personally.

Antipolo City, Philippines
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just a small hotel, the room is also small. The AC is not cooling at all. We wanted to go to the bar in the evening but it was closed. Its just an average hotel, but I'm not sure if we will be going back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prettygurl00001
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Ms Preetygurl00001,

A pleasant greetings from OneTagaytay Hotel Suites!

I am so sorry to hear the negative experience you had encountered in your last stay with us.

The size of the rooms is the greatest challenge for us since its a design and space problem.The other issue about the AC was well taken note with the people concerned and will make sure this will not happen to other guests. The OTP Bar is opened only on weekends, Friday and Saturday nights and also have no operations when the weather is not permitting.Drinks are also served in the Azalea Restaurant for your drinking pleasure with the same bar menu offer.

Again, please have my sincere apology and we will make up for the next stay of yours.

General Manager.
philippines
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've got my membership in One Tagaytay Place just because we can't say no to the person who offered it . Since We wanted to try the hotel because we've tried almost all the hotels in Tagaytay. And my husband always see their pictures in magazine , so he's curious what it looks like .
We checked in on weekdays , that's tuesday .Were there is very few people in Tagaytay. It's almost ghost town when we had our dinner outside hotel .
One of my Tita told me that she didn't like One Tagaytay Place when she stayed there nevertheless my family and I are already booked.
When we entered the main lobby , it's looks good to me and quite presentable although small.
Our room is in the 6th floor . When we entered our room , it's so small unlike all the other hotel we've stayed . Only one person can pass in the hallway or else you'll bump each other. When we look in our veranda , out view is overlooking the villages.
We saw the room service cleaning the other room which has a better view of taal lake.
So we went to the front desk and ask to be transferred to the other room with the Lake view.
The receptionist without looking in her computer to check if its available or not ( which all the hotels does ) told me that the room is reserve and will be arriving soon. I really didn't believe her coz HELLO it's low season !!! Then I ask again the other girl , this time she looked at the computer and checked . She said they are FULLY BOOKED .Come on it's fully booked but they told us that the breakfast will not be served in buffet instead in set breakfast due to FEW accommodation . So what's the true story ???? They're fully booked or there are few accommodations. But I didn't argue anymore.
I guess they just didn't want to make extra effort to transfer there costumer to another room to be satisfied .
When it's time for me to have coffee the kettle is not working. And the set breakfast is served in so small servings.
Then I called again the front desk and I talked to the same girl , name is Gyle. I ask for a late check out. She said , the least check out is at 12:30pm since there will be a group check in. Okay another lie again. Hello can a group check in can occupy the whole hotel. Considering they have 6 floors .
We've checked in to a lot of 5-6 star hotels, they give all there best to give quality service . But One Tagaytay Place is the worst service we've ever experience . They don't give very good satisfaction to there costumer .
I still have 1 voucher , but I don't ill use it again or will be back to this hotel again.
P.S.
I check the room were we are requesting to be transferred that this Gyle said is already booked. It's empty.....

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Snowblack68
Dear Snowblack 68,

Greetings from one Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites!

First,let me ask an apology for the inconvenience that you have experience in your stay and thank you very much for taking time to write your review. The Management have taken note of all your concerns seriously, and have sorted it out with the concerned department relative to the issues you have raised.We will surely use your review as our guideline in further upgrading the services we offered to our clients.We do not take any guest comments and concerns as trivial but instead we look at it in a positive way.

We hope your recent experience with us will not deter you to come back to our hotel..Please let me know when you intend to come back and I will attend to your needs personally.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Id say that its a hotel in a place of BnB that will satisfy your hotel expectations. Rooms are well lit and clean. Beds are soft, same with the pillows. You get towels, handtowels, and bathrobes. Elevators are a bit cramped but youll get used to it. If you want your own receiving area, go for a suite. I think all rooms have minirefs. And theres also a 7/11 nearby where you get all the things you need.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank jainoah
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Jainoah,

Lovely greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites.

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for providing us with your valuable feedback on your experience with our Hotel.

It's a pleasant feeling to hear that you liked the beds and the cleanliness of the room which was well lighted,and the room's beddings like the pillows,towels and bathrobes.

The elevator space is on the small side due to space limitation but very much workable.For a bigger size room guest have a choice to book a one bedroom suite which has ample space for receiving room.It is true that minirefs are provided in each rooms.

Once again thank you so much for your recent stay and we look forward in serving you again.

Sincerely Yours,