“Just an average hotel”

Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Antipolo City, Philippines
“Just an average hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2013

Just a small hotel, the room is also small. The AC is not cooling at all. We wanted to go to the bar in the evening but it was closed. Its just an average hotel, but I'm not sure if we will be going back again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank prettygurl00001
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, June 9, 2013
Dear Ms Preetygurl00001,

A pleasant greetings from OneTagaytay Hotel Suites!

I am so sorry to hear the negative experience you had encountered in your last stay with us.

The size of the rooms is the greatest challenge for us since its a design and space problem.The other issue about the AC was well taken note with the people concerned and will make sure this will not happen to other guests. The OTP Bar is opened only on weekends, Friday and Saturday nights and also have no operations when the weather is not permitting.Drinks are also served in the Azalea Restaurant for your drinking pleasure with the same bar menu offer.

Again, please have my sincere apology and we will make up for the next stay of yours.

General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
philippines
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I've got my membership in One Tagaytay Place just because we can't say no to the person who offered it . Since We wanted to try the hotel because we've tried almost all the hotels in Tagaytay. And my husband always see their pictures in magazine , so he's curious what it looks like .
We checked in on weekdays , that's tuesday .Were there is very few people in Tagaytay. It's almost ghost town when we had our dinner outside hotel .
One of my Tita told me that she didn't like One Tagaytay Place when she stayed there nevertheless my family and I are already booked.
When we entered the main lobby , it's looks good to me and quite presentable although small.
Our room is in the 6th floor . When we entered our room , it's so small unlike all the other hotel we've stayed . Only one person can pass in the hallway or else you'll bump each other. When we look in our veranda , out view is overlooking the villages.
We saw the room service cleaning the other room which has a better view of taal lake.
So we went to the front desk and ask to be transferred to the other room with the Lake view.
The receptionist without looking in her computer to check if its available or not ( which all the hotels does ) told me that the room is reserve and will be arriving soon. I really didn't believe her coz HELLO it's low season !!! Then I ask again the other girl , this time she looked at the computer and checked . She said they are FULLY BOOKED .Come on it's fully booked but they told us that the breakfast will not be served in buffet instead in set breakfast due to FEW accommodation . So what's the true story ???? They're fully booked or there are few accommodations. But I didn't argue anymore.
I guess they just didn't want to make extra effort to transfer there costumer to another room to be satisfied .
When it's time for me to have coffee the kettle is not working. And the set breakfast is served in so small servings.
Then I called again the front desk and I talked to the same girl , name is Gyle. I ask for a late check out. She said , the least check out is at 12:30pm since there will be a group check in. Okay another lie again. Hello can a group check in can occupy the whole hotel. Considering they have 6 floors .
We've checked in to a lot of 5-6 star hotels, they give all there best to give quality service . But One Tagaytay Place is the worst service we've ever experience . They don't give very good satisfaction to there costumer .
I still have 1 voucher , but I don't ill use it again or will be back to this hotel again.
P.S.
I check the room were we are requesting to be transferred that this Gyle said is already booked. It's empty.....

• Stayed June 2013
5 Thank Snowblack68
Dear Snowblack 68,

Greetings from one Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites!

First,let me ask an apology for the inconvenience that you have experience in your stay and thank you very much for taking time to write your review. The Management have taken note of all your concerns seriously, and have sorted it out with the concerned department relative to the issues you have raised.We will surely use your review as our guideline in further upgrading the services we offered to our clients.We do not take any guest comments and concerns as trivial but instead we look at it in a positive way.

We hope your recent experience with us will not deter you to come back to our hotel..Please let me know when you intend to come back and I will attend to your needs personally.

Ruben Alcoriza

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Id say that its a hotel in a place of BnB that will satisfy your hotel expectations. Rooms are well lit and clean. Beds are soft, same with the pillows. You get towels, handtowels, and bathrobes. Elevators are a bit cramped but youll get used to it. If you want your own receiving area, go for a suite. I think all rooms have minirefs. And theres also a 7/11 nearby where you get all the things you need.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank jainoah
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Valued Guest Jainoah,

Lovely greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites.

Thank you so much for your recent stay and for providing us with your valuable feedback on your experience with our Hotel.

It's a pleasant feeling to hear that you liked the beds and the cleanliness of the room which was well lighted,and the room's beddings like the pillows,towels and bathrobes.

The elevator space is on the small side due to space limitation but very much workable.For a bigger size room guest have a choice to book a one bedroom suite which has ample space for receiving room.It is true that minirefs are provided in each rooms.

Once again thank you so much for your recent stay and we look forward in serving you again.

Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

This may not be the cheapest hotel around Tagaytay but its one of the new ones so we decided to try this one for an overnight stay. The room was clean and functional, reminds me of budget franchise hotels abroad. We got a corner room and it had a long terrace or balcony connected to it that can be used as your exercise/yoga place. It faces another building structure so basically you don’t get a view from the balcony. But the beds, pillow and comforter/duvet was so comfortable so we had a good night sleep. The room itself was not that big (we got the deluxe twin room) but it was comfortable. The bathroom though was on a small side and others might find it awkward but it was okay. It’s the same size as bathrooms in Hong Kong. There was no hair dryer so if you need one, bring your own. But the room itself has plenty of electric socket (I counted 4) so you can bring all your electronic stuff and plug it in. They also provided bathrobes and slippers.

Location-wise, it was not bad if you have a car. After reaching the intersection/end of Sta. Rosa exit, just turn left and go straight. The hotel is behind a building that houses 7-11 and BPI bank (on the left/driver side) so you won’t miss it.

Checking-in was a breeze. I did my reservation online and they had a reservation fee of Php 350 which will be forfeited if you don’t show up. Not bad. At least it won’t cost that much if you change your mind unlike in other hotels wherein they charge you at least 50% or the whole amount if you don’t show up.

The breakfast buffet was okay. They had hotdogs, tocino, fried bangus fillet, omelet, corned beef, fruits and cereals. I love their coffee. The breakfast place is in front or in the lobby.

Swimming pool was on the small side. Not worth using if you are not alone or if there are more than 4 of you. It’s located at the top of the building so you have privacy there. However, because its so small, I guess you need to use it before anybody else.

I like my stay here because the hotel was new and comfortable. I say its “almost” worth its price because I was not able to use the swimming pool and I always consider my stay in hotel as “worth it” if I am able to use some of its extra facilities. On this case, we only slept and had our breakfast. But the stay was comfortable. If the price (we paid Php 3.9k) for a basic room (two beds) is within your budget, consider staying in this hotel as it doesn’t have the “old and tired” feeling.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Jen18_10
Dear Ms. Jen 18_10,

A pleasant Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites.

Thank you for spending your precious time in writing this valuable review of the services and facilities of our Hotel that you have experienced in your recent stay with us.. This will greatly help the management in assessing our guest services and offering.

It's so great to hear about the breeze check in and your observation on our room's cleanliness and functionality together with the pillows,beds,comforter and duvets which gives you a good night's sleep.It also gives us a nice feeling that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and most especially our freshly brewed coffee.

About the bathroom size this is a concern which limits us due to space limitation and construction design.The same goes with the Pool which is on the small side and we feel sorry that you were not able to enjoy it.

Regarding the hair dryer, we don't make it part of the set up but it is provided on request from our housekeeping office.

Yes Madame, we only charge Ph350.00 as reservation fee if you booked online and not the full amount of your reservation,so if ever you changed your mind, very minimal amount is charged.

Once again thank you for staying with us and we are looking forward on your next visit.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013 via mobile

Rooms are okay with great beds and pillows but the bathrooms are small & the room is not soundproof. Unfortunately, we had a noise neighbor of 4 (or more, I think) and I could hear them shouting at each other inside the room, and sometimes as they walk along the hallway. Staff is friendly. Over-all, no fuss and decent hotel.

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank primopen
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, May 25, 2013
Dear Mr. Primopen,

Greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites.

Thank you so much for your recent stay in our Hotel and so happy to hear that you are satisfied and happy with the quality of our beds and pillows and the friendliness of our staff and that overall you are satisfied.

Regarding the size of the rooms, it is a structural concern and there's no immediate solution we can do to address it. On the soundproofing of the rooms,there are some fixes we are doing in between the connecting rooms and hopefully will solve this problem.

We would like to thank you once again for your stay and looking forward to serve you.

Marikina, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2013

Stayed here for 3 days for the anniversary with my girlfriend last August 2012. Booking online is very easy. One of the most relaxing and classy hotels I've been to. We availed the weekday promo and the prices indeed had a good discount compared to the original rates.

The room we got was splendid! Queen sized bed even with a sofa and kitchenette. They also have a microwave oven, small refrigerator and a hair dryer. Security is really good too. The door keys were magnetic cards, and they even have a small digital safe for your belongings in which you can set the password. Towels and bathrobes are clean and changed daily and you can also request to change the bedding.

The infinity pool was somewhat small yet had a nice scenery and view. At the time of our stay, we were the only ones using the pool so we had so much fun! :D Same at the gym, most of the needed equipment are present. Hoping for a punching bag though but it was still good. Enjoyed the gym everyday of our stay since we were the only ones using them too.

Staff were friendly and smiles a lot if you come across them. We had our lunch at their Azalea restaurant and foods were great too. Served nicely but the taste could be better. I liked their free dessert but it was small and I wanted more :(

All in all, everything was great and our experience with One Tagaytay Place is good even though there was a storm on the dates we were there.

Room Tip: Stayed at the 6th floor corner room. Had a good view there even though it wasn't the volcano vie...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank maverick4215
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
Dear MR. Maverick,

A pleasant greetings from One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites.

Thank you so much for the positive comments and feedback you have given to our Hotel and the management is happy to hear about the outcome of your Special day in our Hotel,your Anniversary.

Its a great motivation that from your booking online to the Queen size bed to the security magnetic card key,towels and bathrobes changed daily,the view at the infinity pool,and the set up of your room is according to your satisfaction plus the great smiles you have experience from our staff.

Regarding the taste of the food this will be looked into and portioning of the dessert will be improved.

Thank you once again and we are looking forward to serve you in your next visit.

arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2013

location good, hotel is clean, good food, good service but omg the bed... it is so haaard. It is like sleeping on a stone but other than that hotel is almost perfect. Oh before i forget, they keep the rooms clean so clean they touch our things. And i dont like it when other people touch my personal things, Even if none was lost, i still dont like it... no one likes it that their personal things will be touched by a stranger.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank flmiacampo
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi Filmiacampo,

Thank you for taking time in writing a wonderful review about our hotel with regards to the cleanliness of the rooms,the good food and good service you have experience with us.On the negative note, we were sorry to hear that when your rooms were cleaned ,the room attendants even touched your personal things even though nothing was lost. I totally agree that it was a no-no to touch one's personal things. I will look into this matter and re-train our staff to avoid this inconvenience.

We also appreciate for bringing to our attention the quality of our beds which you find it hard and not to your liking.We will look into this area of concern and see what can be done about it.

Once again thank you for your stay and we are looking forward to see you again in One Tagaytay Place Hotel.

gm@onetagaytayplace.com