“Needs lot of improvement”

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #15 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed March 9, 2013

1) During check-in: Front desk staff were not friendly. As if smile will cost them much!
2) Room - Bed linens were not fresh. Bathroom had a bad smell, shower curtain stinks.
3) During dinner - meat was not tender
4) During breakfast - staff should check first the inclusion of what the guest has paid for before telling their guests that they will charge them for any service or bfst. Always check and double check, if you re still uncertain - triple check. It wouldn't hurt you guys if u do this. Loud music is not necessary during bfst. Humming and singing staff service staff are very unprofessional
5) Check-out - When booking is made thru a travel agency FO staff should not ask for a copy of deposit slip from guest, this is confidential between hotel and TA
This hotel needs to re-train their staff.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Zyra K K
rsalol, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2013

Dear Ms. Zyra,

Thank you for bringing to our attention the negative points you have experienced with us.This will greatly help us in improving our standards and to avoid the recurrence of the same for future guests.

Rest assured the matter will be looked into from Front Office reception and check out to Food and Beverage areas handling of you amenities and specially the food quality and offer.

I will be more than willing and happy to assist you in your future visits.Please don't hesitate to send me a line.

We are very sorry for the sad experience and hoping this will not deter you to try us next time.

Sincerely Yours,

Ruben Alcoriza
gm@onetagaytayplace.com

There are newer reviews for One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites

Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was our 2nd time to spend our anniversary at One Tagaytay Place.. This was really our first choice to celebrate this year even if we already tried a year ago... Maybe because our first time to stay was really great but not for one thing... The first time we booked a room was also a deluxe room but the first time we had a twin bed so we we're really disappointed as a couple we really don't need a twin bed and what we had yesterday was with a queen bed, somehow small but will do.... we're really happy for what we had yesterday.. thanks to the staff who prepared our room... 'that was the best.. kudos to the hotel staff... and for the front desk staff on duty ( i haven't had the chance to get her name) for allowing us to stay until 1:00PM today (as a hotelier, they we're really strict for the LCO) i believe maximum is 2:00pm but anyway thank u i had a chance to have a good room service massage at O SPA.. i really loved it..

Breakfast...
we expected that they will still served buffet for bfast.. to our surprise it wasn't buffet.. (so bad coz as wat i have experieced with our last stay that was really a good one... What we had for breakfast earlier was a SET BFAST... but i can say it was good too.. especially, the HOT CHOCOLATE...

ALL-IN-ALL:
I would definitely come back.. =)

2  Thank cristalavecilla
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We checked in this hotel for an overnight stay and we were expecting a lot based on the reviews written for it. We were a little disappointed with the service we received and the room that was given to us. Although the location was very nice and easy to find, the service was a little slow, especially when we were waiting for a room to be set up for us. The room was small and i felt that it was not sparkly clean--it was a bit dusty and the bathrooms need to be upgraded. When i was about to make coffee, i found dozens of ants inside the water heater. However, the price was really very low at that time and it was on a promo. The breakfast was also just so-so; nothing fancy and great, but just enough to keep you filled. The hotel is located along the strip of many different restaurants and even a 24-hour convenient store that is a few strides away. So if you're on a tight budget and you're on a search for a simple and convenient hotel, i think One Tagaytay is the best choice. Despite the negative feedbacks, it was very affordable and it gives you the service you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 17, 2013

My wife and I booked 2 nights in this hotel as part of a wedding held at Tagaytay Highlands. We chose One Tagaytay because of its proximity to Tagaytay Highlands compared to the other hotels as well as the relatively affordable rates given to us. We just wanted a place where we could dress up and sleep in instead of making it a tiring day trip.

Its an easy hotel to spot since it is located right along the main road with a huge signage in front together with a 7-11 as a landmark. Just try not to park at the basement as it can be a challenge to go up the narrow ramp. One miscalculated turn and you might find yourself in an awkward position where one wheel may not be able to have traction on the floor. I suggest parking in front of 7-11 where is a security guard to look after your car, or at another open parking beside the hotel. We weren't able to park at the latter since it was full at the times we would park.

We checked in a deluxe room and found that the room was relatively small at 29sqm. There was a queen-sized bed, but the room looked small due to the configuration of our room and the presence of a sofa, a pair of chairs and a coffee table. Although we didn't have alot of bags, it felt cramped. The interiors were modern the way we like it, although we also noticed that the room needed a general face lift. There were stains on the wall and overall just looked run down.

Our rate included buffet breakfast which was filling and adequate, but nothing spectacular. The staff from the bellboys to the F and B outlet were courteous and helpful. My only complaint was the lack of coordination between the front office and marketing when we were confirming our booking and rate for the 2 nights. We constantly had to follow up which was inconvenient.

Room Tip: Don't park at the basement!
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I checked in for an overnight stay at one tagaytay hotel. These are the advantages: clean, cheerful and pleasant staff, wifi ready, convenient 7-11 store infront, rowena's pasalubong shop infront. The only thing good about this hotel is its breakfast buffet of filipino dishes. They also boast of their "tawilis" pizza but we didnt get to try it. Ofcourse the very cool climate of tagaytay is a given. For the disadvantages: everything in this hotel is small. The rooms are small considering that they call them suites. The restroom is small, very basic without a bath tub and i hate it when the whole toilet gets wet when you take a shower. The price isnt cheap either at P4900 ($125) a night. The restaurant is small, the parking is small too and even the elevators are small. There isnt a view also since the hotel is located behind a building and on the side of the road opposite the ridge. If you want a no frills hotel you can stay here, but for the price, you can find a better place with a better view.

Room Tip: Try to view the rooms first before choosing
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My experience at this hotel was quite different from what I have been reading in the reviews. At first, I was wary because of all the negative feedbacks. But my experience was the opposite. The place was easy to locate, which was important for me since it was my first time to drive behind the wheels to Tagaytay. The staff were very attentive and hospitable. They were responsive to our requests, prompt in delivering services. The room, deluxe room was good in size and well maintained. The cold tagaytay breeze could be heard from the balcony, but that was expected since it is really windy in Tagaytay. A 24hour store was at the front of the hotel which was convenient indeed. Breakfast was very good too. You should definitely try their daing na bangus and tapas. Though breakdfast choices wasnt much, everything was just right. The whole experience was memorable and I would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Choose the room on the high floor fo a good view. You wont get a view of the Tagaytay Volcano since...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Almost a smooth stay. Beds, comforter and everything else was just okay. I liked the fact that even their deluxe room have a sofa. Room and restroom is a bit small, but I can live with that. My stay could have been fine until a certain event happened on the morning before I left. I just stepped out of the shower and I'm in my robes when I noticed people moving from the connecting room. The slit at the door that leads to the connecting room was uncomfortably big! I didn't notice this the night before, but I did see it clearly (in broad daylight). When I tried to check if people from the other room can actually see me (get dressed), there was the guy from the other room, staring straight to my eyes. I freaked out! I mean, how creepy can that get? They should have informed me when i checked in that I will be staying in one of the connecting rooms. I don't know if I'll stay at this hotel again, but definitely not in the same kind of room.

To top it off, I didn't notice that my Agoda booking doesn't include breakfast. Can anyone recommend a better site?

Room Tip: Book a 1 bedroom suite!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo