One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
$105
$90
$83
$144
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
$44
$44
Nurture Wellness Village(Tagaytay)
$74
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsazalea restaurantthe penthouseconvenience storepicnic grovebuffet breakfastswimming pooltourist spotsinternet connectionfunction roomparking spacelcd tvwelcome drinknice viewaccommodating stafflast weekendtaal volcanobulalo
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2013

Almost a smooth stay. Beds, comforter and everything else was just okay. I liked the fact that even their deluxe room have a sofa. Room and restroom is a bit small, but I can live with that. My stay could have been fine until a certain event happened on the morning before I left. I just stepped out of the shower and I'm in my robes when I noticed people moving from the connecting room. The slit at the door that leads to the connecting room was uncomfortably big! I didn't notice this the night before, but I did see it clearly (in broad daylight). When I tried to check if people from the other room can actually see me (get dressed), there was the guy from the other room, staring straight to my eyes. I freaked out! I mean, how creepy can that get? They should have informed me when i checked in that I will be staying in one of the connecting rooms. I don't know if I'll stay at this hotel again, but definitely not in the same kind of room.

To top it off, I didn't notice that my Agoda booking doesn't include breakfast. Can anyone recommend a better site?

Room Tip: Book a 1 bedroom suite!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed February 4, 2013

The website is misleading- it only shows the beds. The rooms are like boxes. It's too cramped for comfort. The walls reek of smoke and stains. The heater at the toilet is intermittent- if you shower for more than 5 mins, the water turns cold It's a run-down at least for my taste. The only reason why I even tried staying in this motel is due to a recommendation from a friend who obviously hasn't been to Taal Vista Hotel. Once we were at the reception we tried to cancel the reservation but they won't allow it. I find it disturbing that One Tagaytay is charging disillusioned customers almost the same rate as say Taal Vista Hotel with all amenities 10 notches below standard. Visitors come to Tagaytay for the view of the Taal Volcano which you will never see at One Tagaytay. If you look outside all you see are the parking lot, houses and village watertank ang high school students congregating outside. If you are looking for a pleasant stay in a hotel with good amenities and service, One Tagaytay is NOT the one for you. Save your money and go some place else. Taal Vista Hotel is still king.

• Stayed: January 2013
3  Thank JoeyCowpunk
Reviewed February 2, 2013

The rate of the room we got is Php4,200++ for two and inclusive of breakfast - we were expecting it is of the same caliber as Taal Vista or maybe better --- what A DISAPPOINTMENT. no view of the Taal volcano, very small rooms, the bedsheet stinks, the hot shower is not working (you set it to warm then suddenly it becomes very cold) and for that price, it's a total rip off. pls spend your money elsewhere!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Arianne P
Reviewed February 2, 2013

Traveled here on business to attend a conference.

1) The hotel has obviously aged: there are noticeable stains on the walls, some wall paper peeling off.

2) Noise can and does seep from the hallway to rooms, as well as between floors, especially when talking near the elevator bay. I think this has got something to do with the ceramic tiles lining the hallways (instead of carpets, which can muffle the sounds a bit).

3) While the room was big (we got a suite), the bathroom was small and the partition between shower and toilet was hardly there such that water ends up on the toilet side. Also, it was difficult to control the water temperature for the shower (either it's too hot or too cold).

4) Food was passable, not really something to gush about, except perhaps the buffet breakfast (although this also has a limited selection, like 2-3 viands, congee, cereal, bread, and 2-3 fruits).

Definitely not staying for a second time.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank ML_Visayas
Reviewed January 23, 2013

No early check in.
Check in was not smooth though there were a couple of front desk employees that were seem to be busy with other things.Leaves you the impression that the guests don't come first.
Wifi was weak at the 4th floor.
Pool has no heating.