One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Hotel Kimberly(Tagaytay)
$87
$63
$59
View Park Hotel(Tagaytay)(Great Value!)
$41
$75
TripAdvisor
Hotel Dominique(Tagaytay)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsazalea restaurantthe penthouseconvenience storepicnic grovebuffet breakfastswimming pooltourist spotsinternet connectionfunction roomparking spacelcd tvwelcome drinknice viewaccommodating stafflast weekendtaal volcanobulalo
Reviewed December 2, 2012

Stayed 4 nights. We were out most of the day so mainly used the hotel for breakfast and place to sleep. Room was ok with good ac. Were given a one bedroom suite which I liked. Nice to have a seperate room so one can read or watch tv if the other wants to sleep. TV's in both rooms. Breakfast was ok. Some different selections every day. Wish they had more varieties of fruit in the morning. Coffee was very good and service great. First night we were tired when we arrived so just had the hotpot noodle soup on special that night. (I think weekends only). Was very good and price was very reasonable. Another night we wanted to try their specialty pizza but it was not availble. Ordered from the menu which wasn't that great. Overall good location, good price and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: If there for more than one night try and upgrade to a small suite.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank RobertSanFrancisco
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Tagaytay One Place is on the left side of the Tagaytay Highway after coming out from Santa Rosa.
Check in was fast and friendly. The room was adequate but a bit small. We were upgraded to a one bedroom suite (Thank you) but it is also a bit small in comparison to a one bedroom suite in Manila. A small refrigerator and a hot water kettle and some packs of tea or coffee, 2 bottles of drinking water a loveseat sofa, a couple of chairs and a small table, and an LCD TV ( a smaller one also in the bedroom). There is a balcony in the small living room.

The water heater in the bathroom is heated by a small heater by the toilet bowl. You have to turn it on and see if the lights are on when you turn the water/shower towards HOT. I wish they would clean the shower handles and water spouts as soap scums are visible.

The bedroom is also small overall but is in the corner of the building. Glass windows spans the corner of the room. Air condition is working well, but tends to blow directly towards the bed.
A safe deposit box is provided in the room inside a small cabinet by the bed and a night table only on one side of the bed. A queen size bed but the length is short, as I am only 5'10", my foot still hangs over the edge of the mattress.

You are provided with breakfast vouchers for the entire stay. Breakfast is served in the restaurant near the reception. Breakfast is good and varied day to day.

There is a fitness center with a treadmill and some other machines - one of which is a combination of weight exercises.

A 711 store and a bank is located in the building infront of the hotel. The hotel is located at the back of this building. Parking is either at the basement or an open parking space in the hotel compound. The basement parking is reached with a very very narrow road going down to the basement. The other parking is in an open air surrounding and a much easier access.

Over all, it is a nice clean hotel but away from the lines of restaurants that line the ridge near Taal Vista Hotel.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 25, 2012

Thankfully, ours was just an overnight trip and we hardly stayed in the room, except to get ready for the wedding we traveled to Tagaytay for, and to sleep. We settled for One Tagaytay Place because of its proximity (less than 5 mins by car) to/from Balai Taal where the wedding reception was held. No-fuss check-in/out.

We were given a room on the 6th floor, and unlike previous reviewers complaining about the noise from connecting rooms, the one next to ours was unoccupied. We did hear movements loud and clear from the hallway but since we hardly stayed in, nothing was too unbearable. Walls show stains and unapologetic wear and tear. Average furniture but good enough bed, pillows and sheets. We had a view of the residential area behind the hotel, no problem with us.

As expected, the room is tight but adequate for a couple, still, it was a challenge to move about when in rush. Naturally, with a small room comes an equally small bathroom. The tiles are intact, reliable hot/cold water, fixtures relatively clean (except for the stinky shower curtain) and not too fresh smelling towels. Bring your own toiletries!

Don't bother with the free breakfast at the hotel's cafe. The usual safe options of breakfast sausage (tasted like very cheap hotdogs), pork tapa (in my opinion, a Filipino breakfast of tapa should be beef and no substitute) and bangus turned out unreliable after all. Nothing is worth waking up before 10am for, even their so-so scrambled eggs, especially not their fruit juices, obviously from powdered mixes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank elaineeyyy
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We checked in last October 2012 in One Tagaytay. I bought the voucher from travel smart which gives me cheaper rate compare to if I will book the same room directly in one tagaytay.
I only paid 3500 for a one night stay at their deluxe room with free breakfast.

According to the front desk clerk of One Tagaytay it cost around 4100.

Our stay is great.

Though I was just disappointed on their pool. I checked on some reviews before that their pool is heated but it's not. I have to go down the pool and go up immediately and sit and wait beside the pool for my body to adjust on the coldness of the weather and the pool. I have my kid with me and my kid dont want to swim.. So after few minutes I was able to swim for 1 hr.. Your body will get used to it. But I would still love if they will have it heated. Pool is small but good enough if there are only 2-3 family with one kid or 2 that swam the pool else you will no longer enjoy its space.

The first room we were check in was in room 521 which we found out that the aircon is not functioning. after one hr or so we were able to transferred at 421. The sad thing is instead of my husband to join us right away swimming he has to wait for the person or advice from the front desk on where we will be transferred and seems takes an hr or so.. So he didnt enjoy much the pool..

The room is clean, the TV works fine, the CR is clean and they have good heated shower.
Aside from those things we did enjoyed our stayed there. and still will be coming back.

As for the location quite to far from the Rotonda where there is an access to jeepneys to go to other places like restaurants etc. Along one tagaytay, you have to take the tricycle that cost around 40-50 pesos just to go to rotanda.

But if you have car, this wont be a problem.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank NajFernandine
Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband booked the one bedroom suite for our short getaway with our son and we were met with waiting for quite long to get the key to our room. The room was average, nothign special though spacious. Bathroom was clean but the floor was slippery everytime we have our showers.
Pool at the upper deck was very small as compared with the one in picture. My son though enjoyed the water.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family