My wife and I and a couple of friends had to attend a wedding at Tagaytay and since it was a dinner reception, we decided to just find a place to stay than drive home late at night. My wife was considering One Tagaytay Place and since my brother recommended it also, we decided to try the place out, also it is also a stone throw away from the wedding reception.
I really liked the location since it is easy to find and very near the heart of the action (the restaurants and taal volcano) of Tagaytay. When we arrived, I dropped off everybody at the main door/lobby while I go park the car. Sadly, the way from the parking to the hotel is not shaded (there was little rain and the wind was quite strong at that time because there was a typhoon) so my umbrella was destroyed by the strong wind and I was wet when I arrived at the hotel.
We got little help in carrying our bags and we had to wait for our turn to check-in. (it looked like we ran into their busy hour because there were a lot of people also waiting for their turns to be checked-in) When our turn came, check-in was fast since we already called in a month before to reserve. We carried our own bags to our respective rooms. (guess there wasn't enough bellboys to serve the guest traffic)
The room was clean and the size is just right. I requested a queen size bed in advance and I got a queen size bed. There is also a long table, an decent cabinet to hang my clothes, a couch, a bar, and a small refrigerator. The toilet is quite small just enough for a shower, a WC and a sink. As expected, the usual towels, soap, shampoo, tissue paper and toothbrushes were there.
There is also a swimming pool, a game room, and body and foot massage services, all which we had no chance of visiting/trying because we have to get ready for the wedding. Had to ran through the rain again wearing my suit to get the car.
When we came back, I had a nice shower (with water heater) and watched TV (lots of channels) before I went to bed. Whats annoying is that I can somewhat hear the other room talking and whatever noise they were making so I guess the walls are not super soundproof. Nevertheless, I had a good night sleep because the bed was comfortable.
Breakfast was moved to their grand ballroom (the place was packed) We had to wait for a few minutes for the other guests to finish eating and the waiters to clean up the table. The food was satisfactory and there is a wide variety of food to choose from.
Check out was a breeze and just beside the hotel is a store called "Rowena's" where we bought their famous yummy buko pie to take home. Had to run through the rain again to get our ride.
Overall, it was a good stay for me. If you are on a tight budget and like convenience, this place is a good choice to stay. The staff were all very polite and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again should I need to stay overnight in Tagaytay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tagaytay – the perfect weekend getaway for people living and working in Metro Manila with only a 1½ hour ride via South Luzon Expressway (SLEX).When it comes to hotel accommodation options, One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites offers all the best qualities of a deluxe hotel with its cozy and tastefully designed Deluxe Rooms, One-bedroom Suites and Penthouse Premier Suites. “We use quality 300-thread count linen for a relaxing stay in our guestrooms,” said Mr. Ruben Alcoriza, General Manager of One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites. “Couples, families, as well as business and social functions, appreciate the comfort that our cozy hotel rooms and facilities provide, especially that we’re located on the Tagaytay-Calamba Road and on the quiet side of Tagaytay.” The elegant and spacious Penthouse Premier Suites (bookable via phone reservation only) provide full-scale accommodations with enviable views of the Tagaytay mountain landscape and stunning scenery of Taal Lake. Ideal for family and group getaways are the “Avant” 3-bedroom suite and “Allure” suite, which are also regularly used as a bridal suite for the hotel’s wedding clients. “We offer customizable and affordable wedding reception packages that offers the same level of quality cuisine as that of our very own Azalea Restaurant,” said Mr. Alcoriza. Indeed, One Tagaytay Place is an ideal destination to unwind and celebrate with guests after a memorable exchange of marriage vows.One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites is a preferred venue for business and social functions with its value-added packages offerings. “For professionals who want to hold conferences and seminars with privacy and convenience in mind, the hotel has varying sizes of seminar rooms and a grand ballroom that can hold 200 people,” Francisco added. “In fact, the elegant Aurora Grand Ballroom, is a popular venue for wedding receptions and social events.”Completing the hotel is a spread of amenities such as a the O’Spa, Azalea Restaurant which serves its signature bulalo and Tawilis Pizza, a sports bar, fitness center, business center, art gallery, and a swimming pool on the 9th Lower Penthouse floor overlooking Tagaytay City. A convenience store and a Rowena’s Tarts branch can also be found in the hotel premises. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- One Tagaytay Place Hotel Tagaytay
- 1 Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites