“Great Location and Very Affordable”

One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites
Ranked #2 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed December 28, 2011

My wife and I and a couple of friends had to attend a wedding at Tagaytay and since it was a dinner reception, we decided to just find a place to stay than drive home late at night. My wife was considering One Tagaytay Place and since my brother recommended it also, we decided to try the place out, also it is also a stone throw away from the wedding reception.

I really liked the location since it is easy to find and very near the heart of the action (the restaurants and taal volcano) of Tagaytay. When we arrived, I dropped off everybody at the main door/lobby while I go park the car. Sadly, the way from the parking to the hotel is not shaded (there was little rain and the wind was quite strong at that time because there was a typhoon) so my umbrella was destroyed by the strong wind and I was wet when I arrived at the hotel.

We got little help in carrying our bags and we had to wait for our turn to check-in. (it looked like we ran into their busy hour because there were a lot of people also waiting for their turns to be checked-in) When our turn came, check-in was fast since we already called in a month before to reserve. We carried our own bags to our respective rooms. (guess there wasn't enough bellboys to serve the guest traffic)

The room was clean and the size is just right. I requested a queen size bed in advance and I got a queen size bed. There is also a long table, an decent cabinet to hang my clothes, a couch, a bar, and a small refrigerator. The toilet is quite small just enough for a shower, a WC and a sink. As expected, the usual towels, soap, shampoo, tissue paper and toothbrushes were there.

There is also a swimming pool, a game room, and body and foot massage services, all which we had no chance of visiting/trying because we have to get ready for the wedding. Had to ran through the rain again wearing my suit to get the car.

When we came back, I had a nice shower (with water heater) and watched TV (lots of channels) before I went to bed. Whats annoying is that I can somewhat hear the other room talking and whatever noise they were making so I guess the walls are not super soundproof. Nevertheless, I had a good night sleep because the bed was comfortable.

Breakfast was moved to their grand ballroom (the place was packed) We had to wait for a few minutes for the other guests to finish eating and the waiters to clean up the table. The food was satisfactory and there is a wide variety of food to choose from.

Check out was a breeze and just beside the hotel is a store called "Rowena's" where we bought their famous yummy buko pie to take home. Had to run through the rain again to get our ride.

Overall, it was a good stay for me. If you are on a tight budget and like convenience, this place is a good choice to stay. The staff were all very polite and accommodating. I would definitely stay here again should I need to stay overnight in Tagaytay.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank Shantsky

Reviewed December 20, 2011

The Good
1. Affordable - one bedroom suite costs approx. 4k with breakfast for 2 included while deluxe costs 3k with breakfast for 2 included. Note however that the rooms aren't big. I've read reviews prior to booking so I've already tempered my expectations.
2. Good location - near Tagaytay rotonda
3. Service is great - the staff members starting from guards to concierge are pleasant. Check-in is a breeze. I've once called the front desk by mistake to request for flat sheets and the staff happily contacted housekeeping for me.
4. Buffet breakfast - the buffet selection isn't a lot but then the food is decent and acceptable. The waiters are diligent. I saw them going through each food tray to make sure the utensils or plates where they put the utensils are clean, otherwise they replace them.

Improvement points
1. No hair dryer provided - I think this is already a standard amenity and I'm surprised it didn't come with one.
2. I cannot connect to the internet - the internet connection instructions provided upon check-in is not user friendly. I've called front desk for assistance and they've sent someone up to assist me (which is good). However, I was still not able to connect.
3. The sheets and pillow cases do not have a freshly laundered smell.
4. The tissue box provided in the room has a moldy smell.
5. The phone does not have a directory. I didn't know what number to call and just by default I've dialed 0 and got the front desk.

Room Tip: If you are willing to shell out an additional 1k, I'd say go for the one bedroom suite. Their o...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank kerriegan
Reviewed November 25, 2011

Not all RCI vacations are created equal and this we have proven during our recent trip to the summer capital of the south – Tagaytay. In our second “work-vacation” escapade for this year, thanks to our expiring RCI timeshare membership, we found ourselves checking in to another hotel. Coming from our recent accommodation in urban Makati, we cannot hide the obvious disappointment when we finally got ushered to our One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites room – gone are the separate bedroom, dining table, and spacious kitchen which we had during our stay in the A. Venue Suites.

One Tagaytay Hotel has the smallest room compared to what we had from all of our past RCI accommodations. Other than its balcony overlooking the western section of Tagaytay – the Taal Volcano is on the other side and is not visible from this 9th floor room – we eventually discovered that One Tagaytay Place does not have anything more to offer and that it is missing a lot to be worthy of a good review.

On top of my booboo list is the size and design of its one-bedroom suite. It has a very tight pantry area with the toilet and bath door right in front of it – my greatest pet peeve when it comes to room designs. Some sort of trust is also needed when opening the door because believe it or not, the room’s door does not have a peephole – for someone who believes in the mantra “only the paranoid survive” this is not the room to be in. But wait there’s more because other than this unbelievable oversight, the door has been obviously rushed to accommodate the electronic door lock upgrade. Holes from the old door knob are still visible, not to mention disturbing.

Other items may seem trivial but if someone without a timeshare membership will check in to this hotel, he (or she) will surely regret paying about P5,000/night for the same room where we stayed for a week if the issues we had are left unresolved such as Wi-Fi signal that is only available along the lobby and the hallways; and the free newspaper that needs to be begged upon daily for room delivery. And before I forget, for running enthusiasts, One Tagaytay has one broken treadmill in their gym (though running outdoors is highly recommended as long as weather is conducive).

Furthermore, One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites' personnel are also not consistent with customer service. While we can point to some who offered us prompt response (such as the female room service crew assigned to our room), the same cannot be said with the others. For one, most of One Tagaytay’s receptionists need to improve (If you don’t know it yet, I can sense a fake smile) if they want their customers to return for another vacation.

Well, I just find it unfortunate that for a hotel with which I had high expectations and actually had a good first impression (based on its location, cleanliness of the facility, and most of the materials used – I fell in love with the stone and ceramic tiles on most of its walls inside the building) will have me wish that we should have stayed at home even before our day one has ended. Yes, that bad.

(This is also posted on my blog -- http://marcuscanblog.com/?p=3659)

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Cris N
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2011

dear "Cris N",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

thank you very much for your review. we have taken note of all your concerns. we have sorted it out between those that we can work on quickly, and those that we cannot do due to design and structure. nevertheless, be assured that when improvements along this line can be done we will surely use your review as our guideline. we do not take any guest comments and concerns as trivial, we look at it as constructive criticism. you can be sure that your comments will serve as a platform for improvement. should you have any more suggestions, i would be more than happy to hear from you.

Reviewed November 21, 2011

There's nothing like having a direct line to the GM. Mr. Karl Velhagen, was quick to reply to my email when I didn't get a reply to my inquiries from the reservations office . He was a gracious host and granted a couple of our special requests that made our stay more enjoyable; he was most accommodating, to say the least.
The one-bedroom suite we stayed in was most comfortable and we had a good night's sleep. The staff from reception to the bell hops always had a friendly greeting that made us feel most welcome. Check-in was quick with a welcome drink. .There's more than ample parking. Having a 7-11 practically a few steps away was very convenient. Location is ideal because it isn't in the busy area where traffic builds up but it's also in the heart of Tagaytay, a stone's throw away from everything.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank rachel p
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

dear "rachelpantaleon"

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

first of all i must personally say how much i appreciate your review of our hotel. also, am so glad to know that your stay with us went very well from the time you checked-in till the time you checked-out. this surely will be a big motivational boosts to the team. what a great way to enter the holiday season! we look forward to having you again as our guests. please do not hesitate to get in touch directly.

happy holidays!

Reviewed November 10, 2011

I love the room, the bed, the furnishings, the location, the fresh air, and breakfast! The bathroom was clean but the shower head was very disappointing - it was broken, good thing their maintenance people came up quickly when we reported it. Customer service is excellent! Downside: for rooms that have doors connected to the next room, you can hear the noise of other people. 5 people were drunk in the other room! We could clearly hear their noises! :(

Room Tip: pick the room that doesn't have connecting rooms if you want to have a decent sleep!
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank Christine D
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2011

dear "christine D",

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

thank you so much for your post. appreciate the positive comments but am sad to know that you did not have quality sleep. we try our best to balance our guests on the floors, i.e. senior citizens, young adults, families with kids, couples, and the like. unfortunately we were not able to achieve that balance in your case. rest assured on your next visit i personally assure you this will not be the case. am sure other viewers of your post would appreciate that. i am just an email away.

Reviewed November 10, 2011

While browsing the net since it was announced that there will be an upcoming long weekend ahead again and exactly it fell on my birthday weekend I've stumbled unto this hotel. After communicating with their reservation officer and getting emails of my queries for my overnight stay which was a quick response. I got a good quotation and what's good there was an on-going promo if you check-in during Sunday/Monday/Tuesday.

So then I decided to book for the hotel for an overnight stay. Their room was okay, clean and simple. Their breakfast was okay typical simple buffet breakfast. The location of the hotel is very near Picnic Groove, we just parked my car at the hotel and rode a tricycle going to Picnic Groove. (trying to feel the life) hehe.. Although, their wifi isn't quite okay because you have to go out of the room to be able to access their wifi eventhough it's free.

But if I were to stay again for an overnight stay, I would be staying here again and will also be recommending the place as well.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
3  Thank siobslim
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2011

hi, "siobslim"

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites! first of all, thank you very much for your wonderful posts. rest assured that improving our wifi signal is a work in-progress. our apologies for the inconvenience. am happy to know from you that our reservation office ably assisted you in with your reservation and queries. remember, i am just an email away if you are in need of any assistance.

yours in service,

Reviewed November 8, 2011

Firstly my sincerest apologies to the management and staff(especially front of house staff - Concierge & Reception Desk) for this late review. Myself and my wife(Mr Philip & Mrs Rowena Ritson) stayed at this lovely hotel for two nights in January 2011.
Unfortunately, since arriving back from our varied trip to Philippines after more nights in Manila and with my wife's family, I have been very ill with heart problems etc and in and out of treatment. That is why I only doing review now!!! So Sorry!!
Two staff in particular were very helpful; a smart young man as entry Concierge etc and a lovely young lady who did a marvelous job in finding out and providing information for us regarding Enchanted Kingdom.
The hotel was excellent, warm and smooth welcome and room allocation on arrival. Lovely suite, especially bedroom and bed, very romantic and comfortable. The shower/bathroom and kitchenette/living room were very good also. Breakfast buffet was good but only slight criticism was the area was very cold and draughty opposite main hotel entrance.

Overall we loved this hotel and the staff and have been surprised to see several negative reviews????

We will definitely try and get back there again, next time we in Philippines from our home in Liverpool, England, UK.

If anyone from the hotel sees this review, please try and send me a staff list of people still working in front of house service who were there when we stayed and hopefully it will jog my memory of the two staff I would like to send special thanks to(I think their names started with the same letter?) If allowed and this email address is included, please use it to contact me phil_ritson@hotmail.com

Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH TO EVERYONE AT ONE TAGAYTAY HOTEL SUITES< PHILIPPINES. FANTASTIC HOTEL & STAFF!!!! BEST WISHES FOR CHRISTMAS & EVERY HAPPINESS & SUCCESS IN YOUR NEW YEAR & THROUGHOUT 2012.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Cuchillo
GMOTP, General Manager at One Tagaytay Place Hotel Suites, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2011

dear "cuchillo,

greetings from one tagaytay place hotel suites!

as the general manager i make it my business to regularly visit tirpadvisor.com. i take all negative posts with dignity, as do the rest of my team. on the other hand, posts such as yours definitely brightens up our day and puts smiles on our faces. thank you so very much for your post. i will be in touch with you shortly through your email address and provide you the information you need. allow me to also say that we will do our very best to maintain the standards of excellence you have so graciously pointed out. rest assured, that the negative posts you see are challenges we face as a team, and through these posts we aim to get better.

yours in service,