“Over....!”

Ranked #8 of 177 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed October 30, 2013

OVER!! Over rated, overpriced... We walked in to have our lunch and decided to just walked out because the price is not worth the food they serve...

Reviewed October 29, 2013

I have visited Sonya's Garden many times before, but the last visit was so far the most disappointing.

The food--unfortunately disappointing and not worth the price in my opinion. For first timers, be ready to be served a set menu as noted by other reviewers. I won't go on to say what's included as many have already expounded on this. The most disappointing were the pasta sauces. Even if I mixed the 2 provided sauces together, it still tasted bland. You can mix the anchovies in to make it better but I don't enjoy the fact that I have to do my own mixing just to have a decent tasting sauce. The Sonya's Secret Sauce for the salad wasn't that great either. The friend salmon was cold and the skin wasn't crispy at all. Ugh. The dalandan juice ran out and the most disappointing is that they served instant powdered orange drink as replacement. That would have probably been fine if they didn't tout the "all natural" and healthy concept.

The only thing I enjoyed was the extremely small slice of chocolate cake.

Service by the waiting staff wasn't great either. As another reviewer noted, it takes so long for them to refill the condiments or dishes that run out since the place is normally packed and they tend to get understaffed.

Overall, Sonya's Garden is worth visiting at least once. But as noted in this review's title, go for the garden ambience, not the food. Don't expect a relaxed atmosphere any longer though, especially if you go during the weekends as there are so many people. It is not as secluded as it was before and it does get extremely busy. Just enjoy the beautiful garden, the flowers, the surroundings, if you can.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

If you are a health conscious, vegetarian and a person who loves eating mostly greens and breads, then Sonya's Restaurant is perfect for you.

This tranquil place will definitely make you enjoy your healthy lunch or dinner meal.

What are the type of food included in the buffet?
At the Buffet Center, there are just 8 trays.
1. Pasta Noodle 2.Salmon 3.Cheese Sauce 4.Tomato Sauce 5.Shitake Mushrooms 6. Veggie Dish 7.Turon 8.Kamote

Plus, you will be served with unlimited Salad, Bread with unlimited types of dips (spanish style sardines, goat cheese, liver spread) and Bottomless Juice. For the dessert, you will be served with a very small slice of chocolate cake.

For an amount of 683/head - these are all the food that you can enjoy.

If you want to try their chicken, you also need to make reservation for this when you make you reservation for your table. The price of chicken is excluded in the buffet price.

You'll definitely wont get guilty of enjoying buffet here.
Healthy, delicious and tranquil. A must-visit.

HOW TO REACH:
From rotonda, pass Our Lady of Lourdes, Taal Vista, Mendez, Alfonso. Turn right at the road after the Splendido on your left. You will see a sign and tricycles on here. Just drive straiight ahead until you reach Sonya's.

2  Thank msCharrie
Reviewed September 9, 2013

683 pesos nett for lunch buffet of limited choices seriously? So we were served salad, pasta, bread, salmon slices, banana rolls (Turon), sweet potato (Camote), tiny slice of chocolate cake, unlimited dalandan juice. After munching few salad greens, we got off our table, checked what else they have on the round buffet table, and to our surprise, the waitress wiped clean our table. And there's a considerable amount of salad left and we're supposed to consume as much as we can as it's called buffet. The waitress did not even call our attention before cleaning up our table. Pasta sauce was awful. White sauce tasted just like instant cream poured out of a box. My mom cooks red sauce better. I just had a spoonful of pasta noodles then gave up. The chocolate cake that they claim to be sinfully delish turned out to be a tiny slice of moist chocolate cake that one can easily buy from local morning bakeries. Red ribbon chocolate cake and aristocrat's taste even better...way better! Ok I get it, they claim to serve healthy meals. Healthy but crappy meals. Who would want to pay 683 pesos for unlimited serving of dalandan juice, bland pasta, Camote and Turon? C'mon! I could have spent the same amount for Dads or Vikings and come home with a happy belly. I'll never go back. It's overrated.

11  Thank oliviagracia
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I love the ambience of this place-----very peaceful. Food is good, place is well maintained. I love the English tea sets they use to serve tea. Royal Albert collection, made in England! Im impressed!