“Romantic”

Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Metro Manila
“Romantic”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Being a very busy man with a lot on my mind, planning a romantic weekend getaway for my girlfriend's birthday was even more stressful than anything I encounter with my work. So I gave my friend RA, from Travelbook, a call and just lay down my cards. Immediately she gave me Tagaytay's Top 5 Romantic Hotels. On top of that list was a boutique hotel I have never heard of, 8 Suites. Although a tad bit hesitant, I trusted Travelbook's opinion and without checking online, I just gave RA and her associate, Jessica, the go signal to book it. Within a few minutes, they booked the Sweetest Suite and sent me a confirmation.

Being a romantic getaway, I gave 8 Suites a call and asked them to help me make it special for my girl. Edna. Guys, ask for Edna. She just pulled through.

We "Wazed" 8 Suites and Waze led us to a side street at the top of a hill. Awaiting us was a huge house. We parked our car and walked in. The inside was very cozy. It's like your romantic love shack/cabin that sits on top of a small hill in the middle of no where over looking the lake. It is beautiful. Breathtakingly, heartwarmingly, beautiful.

We entered our room.. And petals were scattered all over the floor, a bouquet of flowers on the bed, and spelled out with petals, on the bed, "Happy Birthday" and "I love you." Even the bathtub had petals in it with a bubble bath waiting for us.

My girlfriend's eyes sparkled and gave me those cute hugs you see in the movies with her two legs kicking back and clinging on to my neck with her arms. We were both were very happy.

I highly recommend booking the Sweetest Suite. The view is majestic because the wrap around windows flanked by a wrap around balcony gives you a private view of the lake. The room has everything you would expect from a 5 star hotel. Service the staff gave was friendly, sincere and heartfelt.

I'm currently sitting down on the bed with my back to this amazing headboard while I'm writing this review. I'll continue this review when we check out and try to upload pictures. Right now, I need to sign off, my girlfriend's taking a shower and we will be having our in house massage in a few...

Now back in Manila, I realized that the food needs to be improved although breakfast was good, dinner menu was mediocre.

Looking back at our stay, I'm still glad that I chose 8 Suites. For those who haven't found a secret hideaway in Tagaytay that guarantees privacy, 8 Suites is recommendable. Happy travels to all! :)

2 Thank Juanki_Lemonn

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My friends and I needed a place to stay after a weekend wedding we were attending and someone suggested 8 suites. Off road, quiet and private. This was just the place we needed after a week of craziness in Manila. We arrived late at night from the wedding and the staff could not have been more attentive to our needs. They were more than accommodating in allowing us to have some
way-past-midnight snacks in the dining room and even served us some water and cleaned up after us. The rooms were clean, spacious with huge comfortable beds and that had just the right amount of softness. Everyone slept like a baby. When we woke up, we were greeted by a fantastic view that will make you think "am I in Greece?" . Weather was perfect, view was perfect. It was definitely a stay to remember.

1 Thank bunnykiss
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel coming from a weekend tagaytay wedding because of a friend's recommendation. Initially I was hesitant bec of the past reviews, but we gave it a try... And WOW we had a great time! We arrived late and checked in at 1am, and there was mr Arvin who greeted us. We were so hungry we brought in pizza, and we stayed at the lovely dining area where he helped us serve. It was a relaxing post party experience. We should've brought more wine though bec it was really windy and cold :)

In the morning, we woke up to a view that was amazing! All we wanted to do was to stay at the balcony and stare! Haha

Our group definitely had a great time! We will come back!

1 Thank Bluepurple8
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We attended a wedding at San Antodio De Padua around 20-30min drive from 8 Suites. What i like about the place is that its off the main road and the view is just beautiful. Its like one of the hidden places in Tagaytay and its very private. Not too many guest we're there maybe because it was a weekday and all of the staff were focused on our needs. Internet connection is only at the lobby area good thing I have my own. Garden is also nice and air is very windy, if i had more time i would like to stay there and just read a book or drink wine.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice and has the same view but if you like to stay in the balcony choose the one with...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Luxe P
Taguig City
Reviewed January 25, 2014 via mobile

Stayed 1/24-1/25, using deal grocer voucher
Room was very nice, bathroom was big, view was spectacular.
Staff very friendly and accommodating and the food was very good and reasonably priced.
Very minor point - tv reception was not so good and wifi only in the lobby.
Definitely going back

Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank 032511_adm
Muntinlupa City, Philippines
Reviewed July 18, 2012

looking for a post wedding accomodations? think again? the happiest day of my life ruined by this HOTEL.
A month before our weeding I inquired regarding their facility and even visited the place to really have a good idea what to expect. Satisfied with my visit, I personally booked my reservation with them and informed the reception that I was getting married on the day of our check in, So with the time after our wedding and reception that we would be checking in later than usual, remember this was a month before our wedding.
THE DAY of my wedding, after our wedding - reception it was all perfect, we head over to 8 suites to spend the night we arrived around 1:30 a.m. and the place was CLOSED!!! we knocked at the door entrance for 30 minutes with no answer to the point that the drivers of the other guests were helping us look for any of their staff but with no answer. you can just imagine the frustration!!!! I wanted to burn the whole place down... my wedding day ruined by 8 suites !!!!! we ended up going home to ALABANG.

SO TO YOU COUPLES OUT THERE LOOKING FOR A RELIABLE PLACE TO STAY THINK AGAIN!!!!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
35 Thank FLM26
Reviewed February 18, 2012

My husband and I stayed here during Valentine's Day. PROS:The room that we got, the Premier Suite had a good partial view of Taal lake on the right side of the room, and on the left side was the view of Tagaytay Midlands/Lowlands. We had our own private terrace/balcony. The view from our room was nice, and we enjoyed the cool breeze. The suite was spacious. We had a comfortable king-sized bed.The bathroom also had a deep free standing tub that we enjoyed. What was nice about the room was the partition from the bathroom can be easily moved so that you can still see the partial lake view while you're soaking in the tub, or watch some television. I was able to watch complimentary classic romantic movies in our room from their DVD selection, and listen to some good CDs from their music library.The food was good, filling, and priced reasonably. I had Beef Salpicao, and my husband enjoyed the Crispy Fish Filet with Lemon Butter sauce. We also both enjoyed the Chili Cheese ( Fried Chili Stuffed with Melted Cheese in Crispy Rolls.) We had the privacy that we needed since the hotel only had 8 Suites. I recommend this for couples who want a quick, quiet, and private getaway. Away from it all...

CONS. When we arrived at the hotel, and checked out our room, I noticed that some of the towels, especially the ones for the feet inside the bathroom were not that clean. As if they did not bother to change some of the towels. I was able to see some shoe prints on them, considering that we paid almost 8,000pesos for just 1 night for the room only. I was told by one of the staff that the hot water for the bathroom is on for 24hrs, however when my husband decided to have a warm dip in the tub that night at 10pm, there was no hot water. My husband and I also decided to have a massage inside the hotel. I did not enjoy my massage at all. I've had better massages. I had a swedish massage, and my body ached more after she massaged me. I told her exactly the amount of pressure (which was "medium") that I wanted for my massage, but she failed to adjust. Either she would massage me in a painful way, or I couldn't feel the massage at all. My body should have felt better and more relaxed after the massage, but my body ached even more. That was a bummer, since I wanted to relax and unwind during our stay there. Upon paying our bill at the reception, I noticed that someone already checked "excellent" as our rating for our massage, but neither I nor my husband selected it from their survey!? The trays that were used for room service were dirty!!! As if they did not bother to wash those properly, considering that we paid almost 11,000pesos total for just 1 night's stay!?!? I was really disappointed with that. I expected everything to be clean considering that their price was a bit steep as compared to other hotels in Tagaytay. The staff should be more trained in providing good customer service as no one bothered to try to help us with our luggage, eventhough it was clear that I was struggling to bring my stuff. The staff needs more training. The only one who was more helpful and friendly to us was Trixie from the reception who assisted me with the movies and cds that I wanted. She was accommodating and friendly. But the others were not proactive in greeting us. After trying to enjoy the night without hot water, we both slept at 2am. Our breakfast was served promptly at 7am as requested, however the waiter loudly banged our door and shouted "Room Service" which irritated my sleeping husband. I would suggest to use the intercom first to advise guests that their breakfast is ready, instead of banging the door and shouting loud. It was a bang on the door, not a soft knock on the door. Also, I booked our room directly from their website www.8suites.com. For our room, the Premium Suite It was listed and advertised in their website that our package included complimetary chocolates. We never received those as well. It was too bad because we were there on Valentine's Day, and we thought that the hotel would make it more memorable for us since it was our honeymoon plus it was Valentine's Day. I even emailed Ms. Cheche from reservations at least 4 days before that we were going there for Valentine's Day and a special occasion. We paid almost P11,000 for one night in 8 Suites, which the amount was equivalent to our 3 day/2 night stay at Baguio Country Club in a Deluxe Room with a private balcony facing the golf course. In Baguio Country Club, everything was clean, service was excellent, and so was the food.

This hotel has the potential to be the "place to be in for couples" in Tagaytay, if they improve on the things that I've written here. Right now, I think we should have stayed elsewhere during our honeymoon on Valentine's...

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple