“Nice Place, great food, excellent staff!”
Review of View Park Hotel

View Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Real, Quezon
“Nice Place, great food, excellent staff!”
Reviewed January 29, 2011

When I decided to have my "me time" weekend, I booked for this hotel out of what I've read in the internet. There's nothing extra mega super special in this hotel (hello?! We're talking about 3 star hotel here) but I had a great time staying in this hotel. The check in and check out process is really fast. I worked the entire evening before I came to the hotel, traveled for 5 hours to get to Manila and then from Manila to Tagaytay, it took me 3 hours because of the heavy traffic going to and going out from Manila. I was really tired and knackered because I didn't have any sleep for 24 hours that day and couldn't sleep on my way to the place because it was my first time to travel alone and in public transpo, I had to be awake and alert. When arrived in the hotel at 7pm, the staff greeted me right away and politely assisted me with my things. They've noticed my strained face and they went straight in the check in process. After I paid my bills coz I decided to settle it right away, they gave me a quick heads up regarding the hotel facilities and asked me what kind of breakfast I would like on the following day. After that, they brought me directly to my room so I could rest. Mind you guys, the breakfast is very basic, but it is not something you could easily forget. They have the typical Filipino breakfast but they are the only one who made me eat fried eggs again! Since my trip to Singapore mid year last year (Fried eggs are always part of Singaporean dishes that it would make you puke na!), I didn't eat egg anymore. But after tasting their scrambled egg, i just want to come back for more and more. The longganisa is really unforgettable. After a couple of days, I still could taste their longganisa. The staff are very accommodating but not too trying hard to please. Its just a pure genuine customer service. During my last day in the hotel, I went back to the hotel after spending my entire morning in horse back riding, it was raining hard, I just ran towards my hotel room in the back side of the hotel (some rooms are separate from the main hotel), I didn't know the staff saw me when I passed the reception area, one staff came running me without minding that he himself is already soaking wet and just covered me with his umbrella. I find it thoughtful when he could easily pretend that he didn't see me. Needless to say the assistance they gave while I was on my way going to Tagaytay. They've called me many times to ask where I was and gave me directions. It seems that everything they do rooted on what customer's want and need. They would even ask you what time would you like your room to be cleaned etc. Ill definitely go back on this hotel. For the good service and yeah for the longganisa =)

PS. Another advantage of this hotel is the Picnic Groove is just in the front of it. You can jog or horse back if you want to have some exercise in the morning.

Dislike: The old cabinet. I didnt put my clothes inside the cabinet coz it seems too old and dirty.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
6 Thank trigger_elf

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 19, 2011

I found this hotel over the internet & rely on the reviews. The hotel is very easy to find, we've booked for the package of Taal trek and my family loved it for the adventurous experience with the price just right. Staff are very accomodating & kind, rooms are just right whether you're up to a budgeted or a bit more extravagant. Food is nice and affordable. The only problem we've encountered is when you have a shower the water leaks to the floor and there is not enough mat to dry it up. Still I would still definitely recommend the place to my friends.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
4 Thank naneng
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed December 27, 2010

Booking for, checking in, and out of the hotel were a breeze.

We stayed here on Christmas eve and they've upgraded our breakfast to buffet breakfast for free.

The staff are courteous, and the food was great.

I was not too happy with the room though because just beside the door are the cabinets where the staff get supplies and we can hear them rummaging through these even when we're inside.

Me and my family are not very tall people but we still find the ceiling of the room too low, especially in the bathroom.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank jam_hour
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed October 30, 2010

We stayed for one night at View Park Hotel and had a relaxing stay. The hotel isn't hard to locate since its practically in front of Picnic Grove and if you use public transportation there are tricycles that will take you there from Tagaytay Rotunda (fare is Php30/each). Checking in was a breeze and we stayed at the Deluxe room, it had two queen size beds, a fridge and a well stocked mini bar, cable tv, free wifi access and toiletries. What i liked about the room was the rain-shower shower head, quite unique from other bed and breakfast places in that area. The room came with a small balcony but no view of the Taal, you have to walk over to picnic grove to see it. Other hotel amenities were good except for the cable tv, the dream satellite was such a disappointment since it kept on losing the signal and had a feel like we were watching a pirated dvd. Breakfast was good as well, the usual Filipino type (beef tapa, longganiza, etc) breakfast served with pineapples. Also, located downstairs is the Red Lemon Grill Restaurant and Adam's cafe.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
3 Thank peapie0329
Reviewed October 24, 2010

stayed at this hotel for 2nights.. from deluxe we got upgraded to executive suite with only few additional charge since when we came it was already vacant. Im giving an A for its very nice, clean room! I dont wanna even get out of it anymore. ;) The picnic grove, tagaytays perfect spot is just across this hotel. Service is great too.. they were all polite and helpful. I surely will vist this hotel again!

• Stayed February 2010
2 Thank Rich310
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed June 28, 2010

The hotel is opposite to the view park. From the view park you get a very good view of the Taal Lake and volcano. The hotel was clean, very helpful staff and excellent room service. The food quality is ordinary. The hotel was not difficult to find and the taxi at the Manila airport knew where it was. The room was small and had the basic amenities. It could have done with a coffee table and a box of tissues in the room. It needs to change the name of the room from superior :) to standard.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bishray
Manila, Philippines
Reviewed June 2, 2010

We spent a night in this hotel and the service was great. Even in the middle of the night when we needed water and ice, the hotel staff was ready. They also assisted us in finding places to order food (because their resto was closed and it was almost midnight), contacted a masseuse and set up a separate room for the massage!

The rooms are simple, but clean. A double bed, cabinet and television fit perfectly inside. It's a bit far from the city center, but if you want to get away from the traffic and noise, this is the place. It's also right across a park where you can go horseback-riding and ziplining.

In the morning, breakfast was served and it was yummy!

When we checked out, we were greeted by the very warm staff and they gave us a parting gift in the form of a discount coupon!

So if you want to find a cheap place to crash for the night and spend time with your loved one, View Park Hotel is the place.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple