“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
manila
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2010

My boyfriend and I stayed in View Park last weekend when we went to tagaytay. The hotel is right infront of Picnic Grove and offers a variety of rooms. We opted to stay in there Econo room which cost 1,800 with breakfast. The room has tv, a/c and hot and cold water. For their breakfast you can choose between american, filipino and classic. I preferred the filipino breakfast and chose the Daing na bangus, egg,rice, coffee and fresh fruits while my bf chose the american breakfast. He chose Ham, egg, toasted bread, coffee and Fresh fruit. We also tried their Coffee Mocha from Adam's cafe and it was ok. Overall our stay in VPH was great and I could also reccommend this place to my friends. The staff were also accommodating and helpfull

• Liked — It right infront of Picnic Grove
  • Disliked — It's far from aguinaldo Highway where the fine dining's are located
  • Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank sweetinastygurl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
laguna
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2010

having read the reviews on trip advisor, i decided to book this hotel as the best budget option in tagaytay.

we opted for the executive family room at 4500peso a night.

my critisims are:

- car parking - very few spaces just off a very busy road.
- location - far from the town of tagaytay, so a long distance to other restaurants.
- staff - our reservation was incorrect, and they even phoned us while out the next day as they had not updated their records. they advertise room service, but they were unable/unwilling to bring breakfast to the room. in addition the restaurant staff refused to provide free drinking water, instead pushing us to buy a sixty peso bottle.
- rooms - the beds were advertised as double beds, but were no more than twins at best - it was almost impossible for two adults to sleep comfortably on them. the hot water only lasted long enough for one person to have a shower, so for 4 people it was very hard for us all to shower in the morning.
- dvds - great idea, but almost all the movies we picked either didn't work, or they were bad pirate copies in russian.
- mini bar - not restocked during house keeping, and no prices displayed for what things cost. indeed, there was ZERO in room information.

will not be going back.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank stevensan
Pasig City
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2009

My BF and I decided to have a short vacation in Tagaytay City last Dec 2009. A week before our scheduled vacation, I've been reading and searching a lot of reviews with the best hotesl/inns in Tagaytay. Since we were on a tight budget, considering my BF's picky taste, it's a GREAT challenge for me to look for a cheap hotel with all the amenities we need for that special day. This hotel is not actually my first choice. I mistakenly viewed an account in Multiply wherein I saw the name of the hotel at the upper right corner of the picture. I searched the net and found 2 reviews about View Park hotel. The reviews were both positive so I decided to view the website and call them. I spoke with Joy (Gen. Manager) who courteously gave me information about their hotel as well as the room rates and amenities. What I like with Joy is the way she discussed the features of each room without being biased. She will let you feel that you still have the power to decide which room you want based on your preference and budget.

I decided to reserve an Econo Room. Joy asked me to text all the details (date of arrival/departure, no of persons, type of room, contact number and complete name). Unlike other hotels in Tagaytay wherein you need to deposit at least 50% to have a slot, VPH doesn’t require any amount to reserve a room.

Around 11:00am when we arrived in View Park Hotel which is 3 hrs earlier from the actual check in time (2:00pm). The receptionist informed us that we can actually check in even if it’s not yet 2:00pm although the reserve room intended for us is not yet available. They let us choose if we can still wait until 2:00PM or have another room at the back of the hotel and they will let us check in earlier. My BF felt tired so he decided to have that room instead.

The room was clean as well as the bathroom. Although I noticed the spider webs inside the left lamp near the bed. But overall, we're both satisfied with the courteous staff and the place. Their lobby is well-designed. I love the aquarium with live corals. It's very relaxing and cozy. I hope next time we could try the standard room which has a better location.

And of course, the price includes breakfast for two in their restaurant. You can also call the receptionist to deliver your food in your room instead of going outside. But for us, we preferred eating inside the resto while enjoying the fresh and cold air. Before we leave, Joy handed me a coupon wherein we can avail a 10% discount with our next stay.

We enjoyed our stay in this hotel. We will definitely go back the next time we visit Tagaytay. Thanks to VPH staff and to Joy for making our stay memorable!

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank sexy_iya22
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2009

Last November 2008 my fiance (who is from Anchorage AK) visited me in the Philippines and I know Tagaytay as one of the most accessible areas within Metro Manila. We stayed over at View Park Hotel (right across picnic grove)for 3 nights at one of their Econo Rooms and my fiance (who is very hard to please) was very much happy with their service and their surroundings.

Last week, he came to visit again and this time we stayed over at the Executive Room for 2 nights and I must say that View Park Hotel JUST GETS BETTER.

I must say, though, that the Econo room is just as good as the Executive room. The only difference is the space and of course the amenities. But nonetheless both awesome. lol
The place is very accessible and very convenient. Thanks and kudos to Ms. Joyce and the rest of the staff! We will definitely see you again soon!

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kyretica
Manila,
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2008

My family and I decided to go for a weekend get away to celebrate my birthday.

We wanted something accessible to the attractions of Tagaytay - we encountered View Park Hotel just right in front of Picnic Grove.

It's a new hotel though that just turned 1 year old last November 2008. They accomodated an extra person for us at no extra charge. The rates are okay and they serve A-OK breakfast which you would tell them what time it would be served.

My daughter loved the DVDs that they let you borrow for free and the fresh strawberry shake!!!

Overall, it is a very pleasant experience.

• Liked — The room and the staff and the proximity
  • Disliked — Cafeteria closes at 11pm
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4 Thank gabby_dear