“Great Valentine's Getaway”
Review of View Park Hotel

View Park Hotel
Ranked #3 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed February 27, 2014

My fiance and I stayed here for the Valentine's Day weekend. The room we got was great. We got the Premier room. The room had a 32 inch lcd tv, with a DVD player, a mini bar, a bath tub, and some standard toiletries. Even though I was not able to avail of the romantic room arrangement, the hotel crew still added rose petals on the bed.

The hotel has a relaxing garden. Even though the hotel does not have a view of the Taal lake, the relaxing ambiance at their garden makes up for it. The hotel as a small pool although we did not use it as the weather was really cold that time. The hotel has ample parking space as well. We availed of the massage. Massage was great, we actually dozed off.

The hotel is situated in front of Picnic Grove, and away from the crowded city proper. We found this great as the place was relatively quiet.

Here are things we consider for improvement:
- the bed is somehow stiff for our preference
- the position of the air conditioner for the room we got is placed just adjacent to the bed; the tendency is for the cold air to hit your face while you sleep (this did not matter though as the weather was really cold that time that we just turned off the air conditioner)
- the rooms could use sound-proofing as we could hear guests at the hallway
- the food at their restaurant is good but could still be improved

Despite the things for improvement, the hotel's accommodating staff really made up for it. My fiance and I enjoyed our stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: As much as possible, avoid their standard rooms. I got a peek at their standard rooms. The rooms are...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed February 11, 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for a night last saturday. And they did a very great job for making my boyfriends' birthday an epic one. I can see the efforts on what they did. I recommend this hotel to all of you. FRIENDLY STAFF and clean room :)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Princess D
Reviewed February 2, 2014

I was lucky to get a room on the same day.
The hotel was fine, though the Lobby ceiling needs some renovation.

We arrived 10 mins before 2pm, our room was made available only by 2:25! The staff was too friendly, which I find annoying with the cafe staff keeps bugging me about my preference breakfast for the next day....I haven't even settled my things yet, and here they are asking me what I want for tomorrow's breakfast. They also collected full payment during check in, and when I asked if I can pay in card they said they do not have,
I was surprised when during dinner I asked if I can pay through credit card, I learned that they do have a terminal. We also requested for an extra bed which they charged us 800, I think this is quite expensive :(
The following morning when I checked out, i overheard, a guest who's checking in asked if they can pay through card, the staff said that their terminal has problem but I think they're just saying that to be able to collect payments in cash... I confronted the staff and told him if their terminal has a problem, they could at least try to process the transaction before telling the guest outright that can't process... This is such a turn off, no matter how friendly the staffs are, I felt deceived. Would really appreciate genuine service from the staff.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Lovely N
Reviewed January 12, 2014

We wanted to enjoy Tagaytay's cool weather and found an available room at this hotel, thank God. The other hotels we went to were fully booked. We stayed in the Premier Room. It was small, but it was enough for me, my husband and child. The design is simple and nice. The bathroom is spacious and clean. The hot water supply is good. There is a balcony overlooking the garden and pools. What I don't like is the smell of the room. It smelled like the room did not get any fresh air. There were some dirty smudges on some corners of the walls (I'm a little picky), but otherwise, the room is clean.

The staff is friendly. They served cool drinks during check in. The manager went over to have a little chat with us. The place appears to be well kept. Their set breakfast is OK, and arrived on time. Another plus is it's just across Picnic Grove. I can say that the hotel is one of those nice, simple places you can stay in Tagaytay that doesn't cost too much compared to the pricier hotels.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank iheartsunnyskies
Reviewed January 10, 2014

Me and my girlfriend stayed here for a night 2 days ago. Everything was nice and perfect, from the place itself down to its staff. I still remember Anj (frontdesk officer) who welcomed us with a smile and the guy who assisted us to our room was nice as well and very friendly. The whole place was very nice, clean and quiet. We just stayed there for 2D/1N but everything went well and it is beyond what I expected, I will surely recommend this place to all everyone that is planning to visit Tagaytay City and looking for a place to stay in. They do have restaurants, bar and cafe where you can unwine or have a great night with some cocktails. They do have a lot of stuff to offer to everyone. Kudos! ^_^

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brix_103088
Reviewed December 25, 2013

The place is very nice and quiet. Even though the entire hotel with its pool, spa, conference halls, porches, and garden are in a relatively small land area, it does not feel cramped at all. They made use of terrain levelling which works very well and is very pleasing, aesthetics-wise.

The room we stayed in was decently sized and offers a nice landscape view over its windows. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. For its value, i think some amenities need polishing.

The review is titled that way because of their spa place which reminds me so much of hobbit houses from lord of the rings. The architecture is great but the charge for their services is a little bit pricey - you only get their combination shiatsu-swedish massage. I could have gotten more for just half the price.

The food is great and their bar cooks up an acoustic night every saturday night, great for chilling over cocktails with the chilly tagaytay breeze blowing.

Room Tip: Rooms in their newest building from the 2nd floor upwards have a nice view on the windows.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked this due to the positive reviews.And there are some positives.But first off the reception.Very friendly but overbearing front desk.While checking inn and completing the paperwork we had the food and beverage staff butting in on our right shoving a very boring silog breakfast with a choice of only 3 silog meals which we had to choose then on the spot and also allocate a time for our breakfast.Breakfast was provided and we paid the extra for our son and set our time.Ha Ha.Before we had finished with the front counter and the breakfast boy there were 3 staff grabbing at our bags and asking for the key to the room.I'm all for efficiency but it kicked us off to a bad start.Just to much at one time.Guess maybe the staff were a little bored.Now the room.I booked using Agoda. and the standard room in the photos looked nice,and for 2000 peso i night i thought they would be..Not fancy but nice...But wow the photos are deceiving..This room is more for a driver or maybe a maid/nanny..No disrespect intended...But the rooms are a dungeon..15 sq mts is the biggest.We had a window that opened up into a wall cavity... My advice is pay the extra and upgrade..I overheard another couple complaining about the same..The rooms are nothing like the photos they said.The place is opposite the peoples park which is handy but a 60 peso 10 minute ride from town proper.After the check in encounter the staff were friendly and fine..Just a little issue with the pool being closed in the afternoon.Things that maybe should be done at night when guests wont be using it.The breakfast may be bland but do have a meal in the restaurant.Good selection of foods and a reasonable price.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family