“Dungeon”

Ranked #3 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Brisbane/Phuket
“Dungeon”
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I booked this due to the positive reviews.And there are some positives.But first off the reception.Very friendly but overbearing front desk.While checking inn and completing the paperwork we had the food and beverage staff butting in on our right shoving a very boring silog breakfast with a choice of only 3 silog meals which we had to choose then on the spot and also allocate a time for our breakfast.Breakfast was provided and we paid the extra for our son and set our time.Ha Ha.Before we had finished with the front counter and the breakfast boy there were 3 staff grabbing at our bags and asking for the key to the room.I'm all for efficiency but it kicked us off to a bad start.Just to much at one time.Guess maybe the staff were a little bored.Now the room.I booked using Agoda. and the standard room in the photos looked nice,and for 2000 peso i night i thought they would be..Not fancy but nice...But wow the photos are deceiving..This room is more for a driver or maybe a maid/nanny..No disrespect intended...But the rooms are a dungeon..15 sq mts is the biggest.We had a window that opened up into a wall cavity... My advice is pay the extra and upgrade..I overheard another couple complaining about the same..The rooms are nothing like the photos they said.The place is opposite the peoples park which is handy but a 60 peso 10 minute ride from town proper.After the check in encounter the staff were friendly and fine..Just a little issue with the pool being closed in the afternoon.Things that maybe should be done at night when guests wont be using it.The breakfast may be bland but do have a meal in the restaurant.Good selection of foods and a reasonable price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Phuketpig

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was really a bad decision to book a reservation in this hotel because of their stupid reservation system. I actually reserved for two rooms last September and that was early because we'll be checking in late October so I reserved for one month in advance. We had an agreement to pay for the downpayment second week of October. As I was updating them regarding my reservation they agreed to let me pay the downpayment on a specific date not later than October 17 I guess because my reservation is on October 26-28. So I asked them if I could pay on Monday because no banks are open on a weekend so I just told them that my reservation is already confirmed just wait for me to deposit the money. After an hour they texted me and was telling me that the rooms are not available on my desired date because somebody deposited the downpayment first because they are following this "FIRST ONE TO DEPOSIT, FIRST ONE TO BE RESERVED" something like that. But I was actually on my way to the bank to deposit the money, but since they reserved it to someone else because they deposited first, I didnt push through with my reservation and just texted them that it was really unreasonable just because someone deposited first. Imagine I reserved the two rooms for two nights ahead of time and I also assure them that its a confirmed booking all I'm asking is for them to wait for me to deposit since it wasnt really too late to pay for the downpayment because it was still like more than a week before my check in date. So I was really disappointed on the service that they have given me. It was a hassle thing for me to find another hotel since its peak season because of the sembreak and vacation, good thing I was able to book in Sunrise Holiday Mansion where they provide me with good service not like what I've experienced here in View Park Hotel. I will not recommend this hotel to my family and friends. Not at all!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Yin H
Reviewed October 20, 2013

This will be my first review on tripadvisor.I will take time on this because I was really amazed and contented with our stay here. Hotel was so clean. The exterior and interior of this hotel freshen me up.It has gazebo,garden,pool and ofcourse their vicinity was so clean. They were just infront of picnic grove and walking distance to Tierra de Maria. Transportation was accessible and they have a restobar with a very good acoustic band that will entertain you. Staff was attentive and they are so very helpful. They always greeted us with smile on their faces which I think is a factor for me to go back again to this hotel because we felt that we are welcome here. Also, Before i reserved our room here I read so many reviews on hotels in Tagaytay to pick up the Best but this one is the only hotel that have many good reviews most specially when it comes to good customer service. I want to thank Aiza and Angelica because they are the one who entertained me when i was just still inquiring on their rooms and they are consistent to remind me of my reservation. I forgot the other names of the staffs there but overall they deserved a big round of applause. Clap! Clap! So sad because I dont have fb account to join on their promo but I will still answer it. The best part of my stay at Viewpark Hotel was when they prepared our room with petals all over and they arranged the petals on bed as we are celebrating our anniversary. I was surprised with the breakfast because they served us with a plate of fruits with "Happy Anniversary" note. Me and my boyfriend was really happy about it and we dont have any regrets spending our special occasion here because the people and the hotel itself was the best. Also we won on their raffle draw during their acoustic night. We have a free pasalubong and a mocha frap.from their cafe. Hoping that we can win again on their free overnight stay for two because we really wanted to go back here. Over all I will give them 5/5 score. Good job guys! Keep it up! We will come back again for sure and I will recommend you to all of my friends and relatives! Godbless!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Paola H
Makati, Philippines
Reviewed October 15, 2013

We just stayed in this hotel this weekend. I must say that if you're coming from the Rotunda, its a bit far and not that accessible (especially late at night). However, it's easy to find since it's just in front of Picnic Grove. If you don't have a car, you can ride a jeep for 11 pesos or a tricycle for 60 pesos.
When we got there I was surprised by how nice the place looks. The lobby is small but clean. The staff are very friendly and looks very professional (even though it's just a small hotel). We were checked-in quickly and were given a cold drink. Arjay from the reception was really nice to take the time to explain the map he gave us. And he was very patient in answering my questions.
Like others have mentioned, the room was indeed small (the smallest i've been to). But it smelled realy nice and was very clean as well. We had a standard room which just had the basic amenities. Overall, the room was ok for me, the only thing I wish it had was a bedet.
The breakfast included was just ok, something that maybe they can improve on.

Room Tip: Don't choose a standard room (too small)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kat C
Calamba, Philippines
Reviewed October 8, 2013

We celebrate my partner's birthday and overall it was a great experience. Since I was the one who made the surprise and since the hotel offered romantic setups - they made my surprise such a great memory. The hotel is just in front of Picnic Grove. We also enjoyed their signature massage - super relaxing! We really enjoyed our stay here - from the comfort of the bed, the view, the location, the staff, the food and all...

Room Tip: For couples - try the romantic setup for special occasions - its so sweet!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank maiafifteen
Geesthacht, Germany
Reviewed September 12, 2013

Ich war angenehm überrascht... ich hatte zwar nur das Standardzimmer, war aber sehr zufrieden damit. Für die letzten 3 Tage habe ich noch ein Upgrade bekommen. Ein gehobenes Zimmer, war super... für einen oder zwei Personen völlig ausreichend. Die Zimmer waren sauber und ordentlich. Es war einem überlassen ob man das Zimmer gereinigt haben wollte oder nicht. Nicht so wie 25_Businesstraveller sagte, wenn man es jeden Tag gereinigt haben wollte, so wurde es stets gesäubert.

Das Personal war immer sehr freundlich und zuvor kommend. Sie waren wirklich alle sehr nett, ich werde die Zeit nicht vergessen.

Das Essen war auch sehr gut, nur beim Frühstück hätte ich mir mehr Auswahl gewünscht.

Schade nur das so manche Herren finden das es nicht okay war, wenn sie 5 Sterne wollen, müssen sie auch in 5 Sterne Hotels gehen...

Fazit: Ich kann es wirklich nur weiter empfehlen, Gutes Preis- Leistungsverhältnis... Danke für die schöne Zeit.

I was pleasantly surprised ... Although I only had the standard room, but was very happy with it. For the last 3 days, I still get an upgrade. An upscale room was great ... perfectly adequate for one or two people. The rooms were clean and tidy. It was a leave if you wanted to have the room cleaned or not. Not like 25_Businesstraveller said, if you wanted to have it cleaned every day, so it was always cleaned.

The staff was always very friendly and courteous. They were all really nice, I will not forget the time.

The food was also very good, just at breakfast I would have liked more choice.

Too bad that so many men find that it was not okay if they want 5 star, they have to go in 5 star hotels ...

Conclusion: I can really only recommend it, good value for money ... Thank you for the great time.

Room Tip: Das kommt ja auch immer darauf an, mit wie vielen man reist... Ich war alleine unterwegs, und mir ha...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Andreas_Fritz
pasay city
Reviewed September 1, 2013

One could hear the tricycle even at dawn and roosters crowing outside.
The door creeks. We had four mosquito bites.
It is very hard to use the hot and cold shower. The bowl would not feel up for flushing
There is no/poor Wi-Fi service inside the rooms. One needs to go to the mosquito infested lobby to use the internet which was slow.
The quality of the rice for breakfast was not that good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business