“Average service” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of View Park Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
View Park Hotel
Ranked #4 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Taguig City, Philippines
“Average service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

I booked a room in Agoda just minutes before we arrived at the hotel. When we got there, the first thing that I noticed is that the parking space is really small. It was also raining when we got there and it's a bit disappointing because no one bothered to give us umbrellas. The front desk and the waiting area is pretty small as well but it was ok though.

We got room 202 and we were surprised because there was already someone there. Apparently they were supposed to be in room 102 or 101. Question is, how did they open room 202? My bf had to ask the bell boy 2x if they were sure that the other visitor won't be able to open our room. I was also concerned because their things were still inside the room and they already brought our stuff inside. The other visitor was already becoming agitated which is understandable because their things were still inside. The issue was sorted in less than 5 minutes though but it was still pretty annoying.

The place is new but there were already small patches of molds on the ceiling. We got the premium package but it was disappointing because the room was pretty small. There was a tv, dvd player, an empty refrigerator, 2 complimentary bottled water and toiletries. There was no free coffee or tea. There was also no hair dryer and wifi access which is different from what was advertised. The bathroom is roomy but there was no shower curtain and bidet. My daughter was pretty pissed that there was no bidet! Anyway if you're not very particular with toilets then I'm sure you'll like the bathroom. I did not like it because the toilet was beside the sink and I like the lever type of flush as opposed to the inlet type. It's a bit difficult to flush especially since the toilet is below the sinks' tabletop.

The room doesn't have a lot of lights but it's ok because we're just sleeping there anyway. In the morning you just have to open the curtains of the balcony if you need more light.

There is no view. If you want to have a view of Taal Lake you're in the wrong hotel.

Breakfast serving is small and the taste is nothing spectacular.

When we we checked out my bf noticed that our car has a scratch at the back -- an inverted letter "D" so we knew this was intentional. We reported it to the front desk but they said they're not liable. I was pretty pissed but since it was already 11, we just checked out and left.

Overall, the place is ok but I wouldn't stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mcocumen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2012

We had a pleasant overnight stay in this hotel. Picnic Grove is just across the road. The hotel is very near the town proper and restaurants. Rooms facilities are average but operational. There is no hot water in the bath sink. Minimal toiletries given. Hair dryer, kettle and fridge are not available in the room. WIFI is only available in the reception. For the price of overnight stay, it is not that bad.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank 2000downunder
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

We were supposed to have our planning session in another place in Tagaytay but was turned off by the weird rates they gave. Luckily, someone recommended View Park Hotel and their function room was available.

The staff was very responsive to my inquiries (sometimes too responsive as my contact would keep on following up). Nevertheless, they were able to provide a function room and rooms to accommodate our group of 16 for an overnight stay for only 25,000.

The function room was pretty old, pretty dark and smelled weird. The AM/PM snack portions were pretty small and left some of our members still hungry but at the least the lunch buffet made up for it. Food taste was average. We went out to one of the restaurants that evening for dinner.

The rooms however were nicer than we expected - clean and well maintained - even the bathrooms.

I think we really got great value for our money. While I probably wouldn't recommend the function room we used since it was pretty old, I'd still recommend this hotel for the rooms and the great staff service.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank dallydd
Elizabeth, New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 3, 2012

I've been traveling the world for over a year and spent my first night here with a cousin. It was a pleasant experience. I decided to rebook a one night stay with my mother and other family members and the check-in process could drastically be improved.

We've been traveling for 12 hours and got to Tagaytay at 1:30pm and wanted to check-in and was informed check-in is only at 2pm and we had to wait or "enjoy" the restaurant. I was upset that 30 minutes made a big difference and there were no other people in the lobby area.

The staff is friendly and courteous but the practice is not desirable. There was an issue of requesting additional breakfasts and confusion about check-in. I was really tired and therefore annoyed at the whole transaction.

The hotel is located across a park with horses but few miles away from the city center or other attractions.

The price is reasonable however I noticed other hotels in the area with the same price is located in a more ideal place within the city center.

Plus wifi is only available in select rooms.

This place is ok for the money but I doubt I'd be staying an additional time and will just choose another hotel that is a bit more helpful to international travelers.

Room Tip: There is no wifi in the other guest rooms only in the main front area.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Jason V
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

Very nice place,service,food,and the people...:)place alone is perfect your next to picnic grove,service is awsome i really like it,food is perfect its really good,and the people is so freindly everytime we go out der is always a smile on there faces and it makes me feel comfortable...i would come back again next year vacation everything is here.

• Stayed October 2012
3 Thank Glenfren
Manila, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at View Park Hotel last Saturday for a night away from the hassle of the city. The staff are very accommodating, special mention to Arjay, which happened to be at the front desk from the moment we checked-in until we left Sunday. They gave us instructions on what places to visit as well as directions on how to get there. The food is delicious. We ordered Sizzling Bulalo for lunch, bacon and tapa for breakfast. The room, specially the CR, is very clean. Overall, we will come back to this hotel when we visit Tagaytay again. I actually called them this morning and booked 3 Superior rooms for October. :)

-Anne H.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anne H
Bacoor, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We booked a deluxe room which has 2 queen size beds, coffee and tea facilty, complimentary water for 2, a minibar, a refrigerator (that we had to plug ourselves), a DVD player, a cabinet with clothes hangers, a hair dryer, a set of towels, slippers, and toiletries for 2, and cable TV. Upon arrival, they will ask your choice of breakfast, and whether you want it served in your room or at their restaurant, and at what time. We booked a day early but arrived late (8pm), and when we remembered that we haven't had dinner yet, their restaurant was already closed (closes at 9pm). Too bad since we wanted to taste their food, and have few cocktails. We accessed their free wifi and wanted to order burrito, but their phones don't have outside lines so we had to go down to the lobby to order food. The people at the front desk were very helpful, as it must have been a problem for their hungry guests that their restaurant closes early. We settled for pizza (Yellow Cab) since we cannot contact Army Navy. While at the lobby, I asked for DVD's to watch, they will lend you 6, and you may ask for more provided you return the previous dvd's you borrowed. The room had no dining area, hence we ate on the bed, good thing they had bed covers. I took a shower before going to bed, and the hot water only lasts for 3-5min :( I thought it was because it was already late, but come morning, I experienced the same problem. Breakfast was just alright, and was served on the dot :)

The hotel is a little far from the olivarez rotunda and other eating establishments in Tagaytay. Since it is on the other side of the road, there is no view of the nearby Taal Lake and Volcano. It is, however, just across picnic grove for those who want to go there, and the tricycle terminal is just a few steps away for those traveling without a vehicle since cabs are not common in this area. They charge upto 30php/person, depending where you are headed.

The real clincher is the lack of hot shower.. I don't know whether we are going to stay there again since there are many hotels in the area for the price we paid.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple