“Awesome place! but Aweful food....”
Review of Estancia Resort

Estancia Resort
Ranked #23 of 27 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed December 18, 2011

Our family availed of the package which includes room accomodation and food.
The design of the lobby was overwhelming. It's all white and beautiful. Staff told me that some local TV series were being shoot there. We reserved 2 Family Premier room. The scenery at the veranda, overlooking at the Taal Lake was awesome. We spent most of our time staying outside and just stared at the view. When it was lunch time, we went to the restaurant, all our food were served at the long table. We didn't eat all of them, because they tasted aweful. All of the dishes, none of them taste good. Same thing with our dinner.We decided to eat Bulalo outside of the resort. We went back and we had a very good sleep because it was really quite. Breakfast came in, and we were all looking forward to it, hoping that it would be better. All of us were disappointed, Still,didn't taste good.
Nevertheless, I never regret choosing the resort for our family bonding, what i regret was including the food with the package. If only i knew, that it would be that bad,i could have it excluded it and just decided to dine-out. To my disappointment with the food, I wrote an email to the management, but i have not received any apology nor any response.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank travellermom_11

Reviewed December 16, 2011

Our office held our planning session in this hotel. While the scenery is great, overlooking Taal volcano, the accommodation, service & food did not come at par...

First, if you are weak at heart, and billeted at a nipa house, you have to request for a room nearer to the function room & resto pronto... The trip down below might have your lungs gasping for air... It was not worth the trip going back to your room to get something, with all the steps going up back to the function room. This might be a good place for honeymooners though....

Second, the food was bland, I have to request for a seasoning everytime...

Third, on the first night, THE WATER WAS HOT... REALLY, REALLY HOT...Scalding even...It was a little bit chilly during our stay and when I took my shower on my last night, the heater was not working.. Early morning on our last day, there was no water.. We had to call maintenance to inform them... STill there was no hot water.... We were told by our office mates, that they have to call them to restore the heater.. Since we called them earlier we didn't think that they have to restore the heater as well, esp. since we had to leave early... It's December & it's chilly, hot water is a must & the hotel should have been more considerate of that... there should be no more notification for the absence of water & heater...

Fourth, the flush of our toilet was not working. They fixed it alright, but after 1 use, it's not working again... It was frustrating... We just had to ask for a pail & bidet... "Tabo" for us Filipinos...

By the way, you might be cautious of big black ants... I woke up looking eye-to-eye with one...
I nearly fell off my bed.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ruby_eli_cha
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I've stayed with brother and his family together with my mother and we had a very pleasant experience. I think that this is good value for money specially for those not really planning out on exploring other sites around Tagaytay.

The family room we've stayed in was pretty good, with additional two beds which were also comfortable. The view from our room wasn't particularly spectacular as there are roofs blocking part of the view. There is a good view of Taal Lake specially if you walk around to the Santorini cluster but you won't see the crater as it is on a different angle.

I would recommend walking throughout all the areas specially to the Santorini cluster.

Facilities are nice except that some of the restrooms are not so. Because our restroom are being used, I tried using some of the other restrooms downstairs. Sadly, they have no bidets and some of the restrooms are unclean (the one near the shower area of the swimming pool).

The food was so-so and it was a bit expensive. We had to go out for lunch and dinner.

The service was fine except that we had someone looking out on us while we were having lunch on the veranda. After getting the bill, he went off and never came back to wipe the table.

Location is very good as it is near Olivarez and the Mediterranean architecture is awesome.

Room Tip: Check out the room before you choose.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank verargulla
Reviewed November 6, 2011

3 types of rooms,
typical rectangular rooms, one end the door/restroom and the other end the window with a view.
Chalet rooms high ceilings, wood beams, open ceiling restroom. More square shaped.
Cottages, duplex and very nice but far away and remote for privacy.
Complementary breakfast has been nothing exceptional but satisfactory, eggs to order, ham, and toast. They have american, filipino and continental style.
If you are staying at the chalet I might recommend to take your breakfast on the little tables situated near the chalets. You can smoke there as well is that's your desire.
Check with the staff when you make reservations about events that take place there as it can get very busy with movie shootings, weddings, etc. The events tend to affect the staff's performance tapping their energy is the best way to say it.
Overall, for the price mostly, it's where I stay from time to time in the area.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank billjonna
Reviewed November 5, 2011

i booked this room for 1 night, did not able to sleep. the mouse keep running on the floor. terrible experience. and will not recommend their casitas room.

Room Tip: the hotel rooms are nice. but the casitas, i dont recommend .
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank stepphies
Reviewed August 30, 2011

The pictures look fantastic - mainly the lobby photos.

The horror is finding out you're going walk down to your room knowing that if you miss a step, you'll find yourself probably in the ravine.

And then there's the room with "native" decor (deluxe?). It promises a view of Taal Volcano. When you open your balcony doors, there's a jungle beneath you and a huge tree blockinthat view of the volcano.

Service in this place is so-so. You have a clueless security guard who could not answer your question if it's safe to park your car out on front, and then you would discover on your own that they actually have parking inside. You ask for the TV remote control because there isn't one in your room, you get an excuse that they have to collect all remote controls for some reason which makes you raise an eyebrow.

The food was also so-so.

Thankfully their shower has hot water. And that's the only thing that makes this place good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2011

Walked in the hotel and immediately was not what I had expected from the website and photos. Was walked from the reception to the room. It took 20 minutes to get to the room downhill. It was not only NOT the room we had booked (we booked a room in the main hotel) the lock didn’t work (there were workmen walking around) and it smelled. Basically you could compare the room to a dilapidated tree house. No TV channels, room service or any amenities other than the bed themselves. The room moved as you walked across it. Smelled of rotting wood and mould. I was actually worried about our safety. The bathroom could be compared to a public toilet. The hotel was being renovated and the workmen catcalled as we walked past (my sister and myself by ourselves). Had to walk back uphill to the hotel only to find out there was NO Internet services. Then when we asked for a car or cab to take us to an Internet cafe was directed to a petty cab. Eventually had to walk down the street to another hotel (we had seen on trip adviser and should have in hindsight booked in the first place). We were helped by the manager and shown the rooms, which we immediately booked in this hotel of absolute luxury and went back to Estancia for our bags. Could not just check out but had to stand in the reception area with the staff from he other hotel (awkward) and wait to speak with an the HR rep. At this point I was fuming and the girl at reception would not send someone to collect our bags (which was going to take 40 minutes to bring to the hotel). Ran out of that place and ended up having an amazing and very memorable (for the right reasons) trip staying at Discovery Suites down the road. I am not only never going back there but have chosen to write a review on trip adviser for the first time just to warn people away. The room we booked online was not what we ended up with and the pictures are not a true representation of the hotel. I travel a lot always booking online and have never been more shocked at the difference between what I thought we was booking and what we got. In retrospect it was one of the cheapest hotels I have ever booked and I guess you get what you paid for or even less. So disappointed but recommend going to Tagaytay and staying somewhere or anywhere else.

Room Tip: the rooms are not what you see in online photoes
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family