“WOW view and the prices to go with it!”

Josephine Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 175 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Josephine Restaurant specializes in Philippine cuisine, highlighting seafood dishes. It was established in 1966 in the town of Kawit, Cavite. It is a well known destination for tourists, locals and especially popular for family gatherings and wedding receptions.
Reviewed July 11, 2013 via mobile

Was here about two weeks ago with my partner on an impromptu weekend sojourn to Tagaytay. I suggested this place as I had a good experience eating here with family last year.

We only ordered pork sinigang and sizzling chicken, plus plain rice. The sinigang is your typical home cooked style but hearty enough to leave you full and happy. The sizzling chicken on the other hand, was just BLAH. Dry and not even crispy and came with some kind of gravy which you can tell was powdered. Totally not worth it for the 300++ price tag. With one drink each our bill came out to be 1100++ pesos. Quite pricey for just two dishes.

The view and the company of course, was perfect as always. I will probably be back for just halo halo or coffee.

Reviewed July 11, 2013

Missing Filipino foods? The cool breeze of Tagaytay? The Fine dining? All these can be felt in Josephine's!

Their Filipino cuisines were all recommended if you are craving for native foods like Sinigang, Bulalo, their own version of Soup of the Day, Grille dishes, veggies and they even serve fries and desserts!

Located on the left side of the road if you are coming from Aguinaldo Hi-way fronting the Summit Ridge ( Robinsons) In Tagaytay, They are open from 7am-12mn. They even serve buffet breakfast.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stopover lunch before going to our destination. What I like about this place is the it makes you feel at home. Since there were no available seats when we arrived, we were told to wait on a comfortable couch. The staff were very polite and friendly. There was an instance where we were seated on the wrong table because we decided on the last minute to avail of the buffet instead of the alacarte; the lady politely asked for our permission to be moved to the buffet area. She even helped us moved our plates to the new area.

The buffet area is outdoors and it has a great view of the taal volcano. Food was good specially the sago't gulaman. It was my first time in this restaurant and I would definitely want to come back the next time I visit tagaytay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Back in those days..even earlier, eating at this restaurant will give an impression that you are a member of the upper class in society because of its expensive food prices, and may I say back in those days you really would get your money's worth in terms of quality.

My sister had no regrets spending her wedding reception way back in 2007 in this restaurant. The food is great, the selection is perfect, the service is excellent and the complimentary view of the majestic Taal volcano and lake are spectacular and really impressive.

But last March, we spent the birthday of my son here at this restaurant. We chose to have the "eat all you can" package and may I say its very dissapointing. The taste of the food is bland most specially the pansit. The only food that is worth eating is the inihaw na liempo and the dessert selection where-in I stuffed myself with the halo-halo and gulaman so as to get my money's worth. But its really very sad that the restaurant is in its downward spiral when it comes to food quality. Since 1995, I've been eating at this restaurant regularly since I love the inihaw na lumot and the rockeffeler oysters, but being an embarrassment to my kid for bringing him here for his 11th birthday(he only ate the liempo and gulaman, and he hated me for that), may I say that we could have been better off eating at the nearby Jolibee or Mcdo where he could have enjoyed eating chickenjoy or chicken Mcdo instead.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I had lunch at "Josephine's" whilst passing through Tagaytay and I surely recommend this place.
Although crowded (it was on a weekend), the service was not too long, and the waiting time went unnoticed, whilst filling the eyes with the beauty of the scenary in front.
The variety of basic philipino food was delicious.
The bill was much more than reasonable.
For better results in taking pictures however, I was more happy the following morning, when I went onto the terrace overlooking the Taal lake: in the early hours of the morning the heat haze is not there and you can admire the scenary in all his beauty.

1  Thank Zanatani