“Buffet breakfast”

Josephine Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 167 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Josephine Restaurant specializes in Philippine cuisine, highlighting seafood dishes. It was established in 1966 in the town of Kawit, Cavite. It is a well known destination for tourists, locals and especially popular for family gatherings and wedding receptions.
Sta. Rosa
“Buffet breakfast”
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We have always enjoyed having buffet breakfast here with family and friends. They have a lot of food choices, service is good, and its a short drive from our place.

BUT.... we had a very bad experience during our last visit as we were double-billed by the restaurant. And we are very sure that its the restaurant and not the credit card company. Be carefull in paying and double check the bill and if they recompute tear up or cross out the wrong one!

Visited December 2011

• Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bacoor, Philippines
“Needs to upgrade their service”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

I always think of this restaurant as an upscale place. Probably because it has been there for a very long time but the last time we had dinner here, it felt like it lost its touch. However, one thing I appreciate about their service is that even though we arrived at around 10pm, they were still willing to accommodate us. It was slow, but because we were tired and hungry, we didn't mind the wait. Food was served hot and delicious which was perfect for a very cold weather.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank meeq
Manila
“Nice restaurant, poor service”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

The place was nice and food was great, but service was poor. We had to wait like 20 minutes for our food to arrive. If we didn't make a follow up maybe we would have waited longer, to think we only ordered 2 entree's. Other tables who came later than us were served earlier. The waiter who took our order looked like he's in a hurry. He even asked the old waiter to set up the table for us.

The receptionist who ushered us was kind, though. She looked for a table near the window for us, but there weren't any vacant. She apologized and asked us whether we still want to be seated inside the restaurant or outside, where we will have a nice view. She led me outside to show me how it looked like. Since it was really windy, I chose to be seated inside, and she politely led me back and looked for a table that I'm most comfortable with.

Overall, this place would have been really nice if it wasn't for my experience with that waiter. I hope they improve by asking their waiters to check constantly on customers who don't have food yet.

• Visited November 2012
1 Thank Julie Z
Lucena, Spain
“Worst restaurant ever!!”
Reviewed October 26, 2012

Receptionist was okay, and that was it. We were sitting on the table for more than 15 minutes, probably 15 waiters passed by, and no one even asked us if we wanted something. We went to the buffet area which was less than impressive, waiters were everywhere, but service was missing. The only service we received was when we had to call them so we can drink something plus when we asked for our bill. We had to clear our own table every time. It wasn't even busy as you can see waiters chatting with one another. They simply don't care. I hate the place, never going back. Could be that management doesn't care bout service at all. William never eat there again, and will tell everyone I know.

• Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
“I don't see what the hype is about”
Reviewed October 20, 2012

We arrived too late for the Sunday afternoon brunch, but the place was packed and we had to wait a bit for the table. We ordered off the regular menu and the food was less than satisfactory. My Pork Adobo was at least 50% huge chunks of fat. My husband's sizzling chicken had no sizzle and was dried out and tough. The service was lackluster and slow. I don't get what all the hyupe is about. Maybe its because we arrived after a big Sunday lunch rush and we had poor timing, but I would never eat here again, great view or not

Visited October 2012