“Leslie's Bulalo? it sucks....”
Review of Leslie's

Leslie's
Ranked #21 of 167 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
“Leslie's Bulalo? it sucks....”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

It's lunctime and after a tiring day tour in tagaytay we are all hungry. I was told that food at leslie's is so good especially their famous bulalo so we all decided to try it out. Upon arrival, the place was full of hungry people like us and we have to wait for around 30 minutes. We told ourselves that it could be worth it. At long last, after a long wait we were seated. Another 20 minutes passed and a waiter came and took our orders. Of course on top of our list is their so called famous bulalo. We also ordered bbq spareribs and karekare. After another 45 minutes, our orders came at last. We are really hungry now so i started with the bulalo. But ALAS??? i can't cut the meat. It was so hard. To make things worse, the knife they provided can't even cut your skin. It was so dull. I tried the bulalo soup and it was like an ordinary soup. So whats so especial then to the leslie bulalo. Nothing. To my dismay, i tried the spare ribs. WHAT??? there's almost no meat in it. It was all bones. What kind of restaurant is this. We were fooled. Now i'm getting so frustrated. I was really hungryvthen. And my companions too. We tried to call the attention of the waiters to at least give us a knife that we can use to cut tye meat in their bulalo. The waiters just pass by as if we don't exist. I finally grab one of them and i ask for a usefull knife. He came back with a spoon and fork instead. I gave him the knife that was provided to us and ask him if he can cut the meat in the bulalo. He tried, then he immediately left and came back with a real knife. We were able to eat some of the bulalo, but you have to chew it real hard. This was really the worst bulalo that i've seen and tasted. Next i tried the kare kare. This time, its ok. We finished eating and now the bill. WHAT??? Almost 3k for a worthless food. We were robbed. I paid with a hard feeling. We went outside to see the view of tall lake and volcano. This was the only good thing we saw in this restaurant. We left the place and passed by a fastfood restaurant to eat at least some good food. I warn you people. Don't be tricked by false advertisement. Go to leslie's just to see the view of taal. I don't recommend you to eat there. Go somewhere else. This place is not worth it...

• Visited February 2013
4 Thank serjt-las-pinas

Manila, Philippines
“Good view and ambience”
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We always come to this place especially when we have friends or relatives visiting philippines, we would take them there for lunch...we would request for those huts just outside the man restaurant, the live performers give a romantic and cozy ambience

Visited March 2012
Pasig, Philippines
“Great food but still overpriced”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I would really say that the food here is great - tasty and with a big serving (some of the food). But the price is a bit overboard. 1 extra platter of rice is P220. 10 pcs of fried tawilis is P275. If you are willing to spend that much then by all means go here. I really couldn't even say that every centavo is worth it especially the service of the crew. You could clearly notice that every one of them is more willing to work in the kitchen than cater the need of their customers even though there's a whooping 10% service charge. All of the service crew appear to be busy taking their time cleaning the table, wiping the washed dishes dry. It's hard to call someone's attention as they all are obviously trying to avoid eye contact. And when finally you suceeded, and ask for something like a glass of water and the bill, I would suggest that you go to the restroom first and freshen up as it would take that long before they get back.

Be alert of the items that order as well. As one of them might not be served especially when you order a package meal. There was also one item that we exchanged for another for an additonal charge (depending on how much the exchanged item against the original one). Be sure that you know the prices of each so when the bill comes, you know that you will be paying the correct amount. This is because, the lady crew who gave us the bill can't even explain it.

I've been here twice. First time was with my friends and the second one was with my family. I'm not 100% sure that I'll go back here, meaning, it would take a lot of convincing before you can have me coming back here. With the service and the price...I believe, twice is enough.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank NeverIn1Place
Los Angeles, California
“a Tagaytay favorite of mine disappoints this time around”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

My wife and I love Leslie's. weve been coming here on our trips since 2004. we actually got 1 other resto suggestions from well-meaninged friends but we decided last minute to opt for our all time Tagaytay favorite. there were a few modern changes since last time two years ago such as newer dining gazebos on the side. the view is still amazing and keeps us coming. my mouth was watering with anticipation as i truly love filipino food and have had some of my best meals here. however, this time, the crispy pata was too crispy in fact hard and bland, the kare kare was so so. but i suspect we shall keep on coming back because the kids just love it there and we hope the food quality will recover..

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank miglovin
Manila, Philippines
“nothing special but worth the visit”
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Food taste is fine but nothing special. With big serving and lots of choices on their menu.. location is great with the perfect overlooking view of taal lake.. place gets too crowded especially during weekends. For locals, Tagaytay trip is not complete without a visit to this restaurant.

• Visited October 2012