“Overrated”

Ranked #17 of 171 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2013

Bulalo is overrated (very salty),service slow, food is so so.(nothing extra ordinary). We were almost done when the waiter placed a tealight candle. We did not enjoy our food as we have to shoo the flies away. Chairs uneven legs, joint tables uneven.

1  Thank Josh D

Reviewed January 23, 2013

One of the ideal places to stop by in Tagytay for a daytime drink or a snack, overlooking a great view of Taal volcano. They have their own spacious and exclusive parking which makes the stop convenient at any time of day. Service is fair, and the menu has a considerable variety. Unfortunately, the food is overpriced for local cooking/taste that is below average. It is a nice business move to capitalize on the view of the property; but "below aveage" food coupled with mandatory serenades which cirlce the dining area, sometimes leave the customers feeling a bit exploited by the overall experience rather than recipients of good local business.

I revisited this place last Jan 12 while visiting family in the Philippines. I used to visit the business more frequently four years ago and was pleasantly surprised by the physical development of the property. The food sadly deteriorated with a steep increase in price. It is surprisingly popular during weekends, but I nonetheless know better where to invest on a Tagaytay afternoon / dinner experience next time (such as neighboring businesses along the road)

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The restaurant has a wonderful view of Taal volcano. The place is packed with customers but we managed to have seats immediately. The food is pricey but good. They should also have their specialties (like bulalo) in smaller servings to cater smaller groups or couples.

1  Thank kastr1d
Reviewed January 19, 2013

Came here last night with my two friends. There were three girls at the check in counter and though one of them was helping another customer, the other two were just standing there talking with each other. I have to ask them twice and speak above my normal voice just to be seated. I was really tempted to just turn around since if they're that helpful to people coming in, imagine what it would be like if you're seated already. Yup, took a while for a waiter to take our orders, just have to call their attention as they walk to and fro our table, as if you're begging to be served. This happens quite a few times as we need something else, i was really tempted to just get up and help myself to what we need. One of my friend asked for hot water but all she got was lukewarm water. The food prices are high. All in all, we will not be returning anytime soon and would recommend to everyone i know to do so. Customer service is non existent despite the restaurant being less than half full. You feel as if you have to beg just to be served. Oh well.

1  Thank baymax42
Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been to a number of platform views of Taal Volcano: this one is the best.

However the food, while good, is highly priced.

1  Thank TouristDriver