“wonderful view”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Leslie's

Leslie's
Ranked #21 of 157 Restaurants in Tagaytay
Cuisines: Filipino, Asian
Good for: Scenic view, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Mandaluyong, Philippines
“wonderful view”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

The restaurant has a wonderful view of Taal volcano. The place is packed with customers but we managed to have seats immediately. The food is pricey but good. They should also have their specialties (like bulalo) in smaller servings to cater smaller groups or couples.

1 Thank kastr1d

Bacoor, Philippines
“I wanna eat..please.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Came here last night with my two friends. There were three girls at the check in counter and though one of them was helping another customer, the other two were just standing there talking with each other. I have to ask them twice and speak above my normal voice just to be seated. I was really tempted to just turn around since if they're that helpful to people coming in, imagine what it would be like if you're seated already. Yup, took a while for a waiter to take our orders, just have to call their attention as they walk to and fro our table, as if you're begging to be served. This happens quite a few times as we need something else, i was really tempted to just get up and help myself to what we need. One of my friend asked for hot water but all she got was lukewarm water. The food prices are high. All in all, we will not be returning anytime soon and would recommend to everyone i know to do so. Customer service is non existent despite the restaurant being less than half full. You feel as if you have to beg just to be served. Oh well.

1 Thank baymax42
Manila
“Best place for the whole view of Lake Taal and Taal volcano”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have been to a number of platform views of Taal Volcano: this one is the best.

However the food, while good, is highly priced.

1 Thank TouristDriver
Manila
“Worst place for Christmas dining”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

We arrived at past 4 in the afternoon. We were waitlisted and after 30 minutes we had a table. The restaurant was fully packed but they had a lot of waiters and waitresses. After 10 minutes, a waitress took our order. Since it was starting to be cold, we transferred table and I told it to a waitress who shouted it to others. After 45 minutes, our food is nowhere so I approached the kitchen and asked about our order. One staff said 5 minutes. I went back to our table and after a minute, a waiter started to bring our meals. We asked him what took it so long. He snapped back that we transferred table and he was not informed. We replied, it was told to everyone! The food was cold. I did not like the bulalo which is cold and bland. But we did like the crispy kangkong. I had to ask for extra rice twice. Our driver asked for brewed coffee and he was given a cup with hot water, a pack of sugar and a pack of creamer. I told it to another waiter and he came up with a cup of brewed coffee. Come dessert time, the buko salad had shredded coconut meat which was hard, and the leche flan was not soft at all. Because they were too busy (staff) I just came to the cabinet where they keep the cups/spoons/glasses so that we can have some glass and teaspoons. Come bill out time, I asked the waiter and he pointed to another waitress.

They have a pasalubong area wherein receipts are not issued unless you ask for it. I had to ask three times. And the goodies were not that good at all when we ate them.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank ASEManila
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 4,109 helpful votes
“Fantastic view but poor food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2013

Since most of visit restaurants for the food not the view, Lelie's only gets a low score from me.

While the view from the hut overlooking Lake Taal and its eponymous volcano was great - almost out of this world - the yang chow rice was below par.

THe restaurant was very well patronised at 11 on a weekday morning, testimony to Tagaytay's increasing popularity.

1 Thank Victorianlad