Bought Deal Grocer Vouchers for this place. After reading the MORE RECENT reviews, it was too late to back out. But I rang a week ahead to make sure that the issues raised by other guests were addressed. Francis (front dest) reassured us by saying "not to worry, it has been resolved".
1) Location was easy to find, right along the maid road
2) Big area, lots of trees and seating areas (pocket garden)
3) Designated areas for smoking
4) Staff are friendly, specially the man looking after the garden
5) Tapa Dish - delicious
6) Orange Juice- fresh!
7) Parking Area- safe, big space
8) Meet & Greet - warmly done by the Guard. Helped us with luggage.
1) Rooms given to us (101 & 102) had no windows. This was not disclosed to us upon check in or even upon reservation
2) Very strong chemical "cherry scent" was used to freshen up the room. It was honestly, TOXIC.
3) Shower curtains were too long and it was absorbing all the water & soap suds
4) Room 101- had a trash can lid that would not shut properly
5) Room 102- had a missing soap dish .... but eventually, they gave us one.
6) Guest's corn beef breakfast had a piece of plastic wrapper in it - reported it to the waiter
7) Guest's American breakfast has eggs swimming in maple syrup from the french toast bread
8) Complimentary Tea served in the evening had foul/mouldy - smelling tea cups. This was the case for both rooms.
9) Queen beds- only comes with 2 pillows for the 2 rooms we reserved. We asked for 4 extras. They did arrive thankfully, but smelled musty and merely covered with pillow protectors. Thanks to Ms. Ghie, she had the housekeeper put some decent pillow covers that masked the stink.
10) Towels - all looked greyish white & tired (foot rugs, even worse as they had frayed edges)
11) Window Type Aircons- Works well but vibrates loudly when set on thermostat #6
12) Shower heads- Needs a good clean
13) Zero activities for the kids - except if you want to swim in the freezing pool; no pool bar.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- T House is about tranquility. Leave all your worries behind, relax and awaken your senses in our hideaway nestled in Tagaytay City. Tagaytay gives us tranquility, a clean slate where all problems and issues of our work in the city used to be. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- t House Tagaytay Hotel Tagaytay