“We weren't heard...” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of T House Tagaytay

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
T House Tagaytay
Ranked #8 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
manila
“We weren't heard...”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2014

Bought Deal Grocer Vouchers for this place. After reading the MORE RECENT reviews, it was too late to back out. But I rang a week ahead to make sure that the issues raised by other guests were addressed. Francis (front dest) reassured us by saying "not to worry, it has been resolved".

Upside:
1) Location was easy to find, right along the maid road
2) Big area, lots of trees and seating areas (pocket garden)
3) Designated areas for smoking
4) Staff are friendly, specially the man looking after the garden
5) Tapa Dish - delicious
6) Orange Juice- fresh!
7) Parking Area- safe, big space
8) Meet & Greet - warmly done by the Guard. Helped us with luggage.

Downside:
1) Rooms given to us (101 & 102) had no windows. This was not disclosed to us upon check in or even upon reservation
2) Very strong chemical "cherry scent" was used to freshen up the room. It was honestly, TOXIC.
3) Shower curtains were too long and it was absorbing all the water & soap suds
4) Room 101- had a trash can lid that would not shut properly
5) Room 102- had a missing soap dish .... but eventually, they gave us one.
6) Guest's corn beef breakfast had a piece of plastic wrapper in it - reported it to the waiter
7) Guest's American breakfast has eggs swimming in maple syrup from the french toast bread
8) Complimentary Tea served in the evening had foul/mouldy - smelling tea cups. This was the case for both rooms.
9) Queen beds- only comes with 2 pillows for the 2 rooms we reserved. We asked for 4 extras. They did arrive thankfully, but smelled musty and merely covered with pillow protectors. Thanks to Ms. Ghie, she had the housekeeper put some decent pillow covers that masked the stink.
10) Towels - all looked greyish white & tired (foot rugs, even worse as they had frayed edges)
11) Window Type Aircons- Works well but vibrates loudly when set on thermostat #6
12) Shower heads- Needs a good clean
13) Zero activities for the kids - except if you want to swim in the freezing pool; no pool bar.

Room Tip: Don't book Room 101 and 102
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
5 Thank NorthStarManila

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Taguig City
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Room looks better (and bigger) in photos, felt a bit claustrophobic (no windows and a bit cramped)
Nice dining area, breakfast was just okay
Wifi only available outside the room
Nothing compelling to make me go back

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manila, Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2014

We love bringing our dog to Tagaytay and this is one hotel I will recommend to pet-owners. They were particularly accommodating to our dog. And that alone easily makes this hotel one of my all time faves..

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
14 Thank Carl G
Quezon City, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

My family and I stayed at T House, Tagaytay last December 29-30 for my parents' 34th wedding anniversary. We availed the Double Date for 4 promo which includes an overnight stay in a suite with breakfast, a 4-course Lunch OR Dinner for 4, and a 60-min full body massage for 4.

Our check in went very smoothly. We arrived at 3:40pm, and the check in time was at 2pm, but they still accommodated us. The resident manager, William, was the one who personally led us to our suite. When we got to the room, my mom and dad got surprised because there were rose petals all over the bed, the bathroom and even the shelves. My mom also had a dozen of roses on the bed with a card from T House wishing both of them a happy anniversary. We were all pleasantly surprised :)

At 6pm, we had our 60-min full body massage at their spa. It was very relaxing, from the scent of the spa to the massage itself. I could hear my dad snoring 10mins. into the massage. Hehe. The tea they served us after the massage was good too! I had 4 cups, I think. :D

When we got to the room, we rested for a bit and the front desk clerk called to ask us what time we want to eat dinner. It's as if we were in our own house! They were that hospitable :) So we had dinner at 8:30pm.

When we got to the restaurant, the restaurant server led us to our table at the 2nd floor. To our surprise, our table had candles and rose petals again! They reserved the whole 2nd floor for us :D It was very romantic! My brother and I thought that we should not have come with our parents because it was that romantic! :) It was time for our 4-course meal. The waiter served us our food, course by course. He wasn't in a hurry to complete the 4-course meal. He was waiting patiently until all of us had finished. When we were done with all 4-courses at 10:40pm (yes, it took us 2 hours to finish. We enjoyed the food and the set up too much.), before we could even stand up, William, the resident manager, was already coming up the stairs SINGING, he also had a cake for my parents! It was the 3rd surprise for the day, and they did everything perfectly. I could not think of any hotel that does this. They had a personal touch to everything and we appreciated it all very much. I was even teary-eyed when William was serenading my parents, it was just so sincere and sweet. :) Thank you, William!

When we got to the room, the doorbell rang about 5 mins after we got inside. They served us with Tarragon tea and cookies before bedtime. :) We were not even expecting that because we just had dinner, but it was such a nice gesture from a hotel to make sure that their guests have a good night's sleep.

Our stay at T House was perfect and I can't wait to recommend this place to everyone! The staff went over and beyond our exceptions and they even added their personal touch to everything. If you are in Tagaytay, celebrating whatever occasion, be it your anniversary or your birthday, I highly recommend that you celebrate it at T House. :) I commend the whole staff of T House and their resident manager, William, for making my parents' anniversary EXTRA SPECIAL. I could not thank you enough. You made my parents very happy. :)

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Philippines
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here very recently.

I am very particular with cleanliness and comfort. The reason why I'm giving a poor rating is because they failed on that department big time. To say that my husband and I didn't have a good night's sleep is an understatement.

First, there was a lizard dropping on the headboard. Second, we had to request for a change of comforter because it smells. The left portion smelled like cockroach and (human) pee. Third, the bed stinks. It smelled musty. We're not sure if it's just the bed sheet (we didn't ask for it to be changed since we didn't realize it smells too until we're lying on our bellies) or the bed itself. Fourth, 30 minutes to snoozing, we were running out of air. The air inside the room got so thick and heavy. My husband thought at first that he was having a GERD attack but the fact that I was breathing hard too meant something else. In fact, the air in the washroom was better - cool and fresh. Fifth, the air conditioning unit was loud. Sixth, there was a rat on the roof! I thought it was just my imagination (or maybe I refused to believe there was a rat) but when we were having breakfast a girl (from a family occupying another room) asked our waiter to 'please kill the rat'. Horrible.

Some of the small things that I won't make a big deal out of but the management should take a look at: toilet has little pressure (I asked for a tabo, the attendant said they don't have any but rest assured, it won't clog). We also found out that there's one other room with a toilet like ours (the attendant volunteered that information). The water, as others have mentioned was difficult to regulate. At one point it's too cold and a little nudge of the knob turned the water scalding hot.

What we like though is their food and the ambience OUTSIDE. We are a simple couple. We are not particular with room size or aesthetics but we are very critical with cleanliness and comfort. So, it's no wonder we liked what we saw outside and liked their food as well. There's nothing special though as there's no view and the food is just regular but for us, the peace and quiet outside was divine and the food in it's simplicity was a treat. Their Bulalo is good and the breads too.

Overall, it was a disappointing experience because we actually didn't have high expectations (given the mixed reviews). We were just expecting the BASIC which was cleanliness and comfort.

We are not definitely coming back here but I hope they make some improvements and eventually get solid good reviews.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank LittleBigMissus

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Paranaque
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2013

Me and my girlfriend were first intrigued when we came here to attend a food tasting event and wanted to try out staying in one of their rooms.

Our date of stay was a very busy day for Tagaytay but still their staff was able to assist us very well. The room was clean, the bathroom was ok and the restaurant food was also good. A bit slow with the service that took our order more than 30 minutes but it was a busy day for everyone so we did understand the delay.

There was ample parking space however if it rains the parking area gets really muddy so it's quite a challenge to hop back in your vehicle when you decide to go out on a rainy day.

T house is located beside a church so expect a little bit of traffic if you decide to visit on a Sunday.

Overall the place was great and I would consider staying here again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Makati, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

I seldom write reviews because I rarely have time for such so when I do, it would either be a review of the best AND the worst. Guess which category T house belongs to?
I had my reservations moved time and again because of work conflicts and I can say that they have been really accommodating from that point on.
Since the car was not available at the moment, we had to make do with public transportation, so it was actually hard to get to places in Tagaytay. As this was the case, me and my boyfriend had to just stay in the vicinity and make do with whatever commodities they had.
CHECK IN: Very quick. Staff was able to facilitate this in a quickly manner.
THE ROOM: It was just the perfect size for a couple, very cozy, and very clean. There were books in the shelves (which I absolutely adored, being the bookworm that I was) and the bathroom, well it wasn't a perfect one, but it was better than the rest. Room amenities/toiletries were complete (sans hair conditioner)
THE FOOD: We were taken away by the Bulalo (seriously, I loved it! Forget everything else... it's the Bulalo that counts) that I forgot that I was on a diet. The breakfast was wonderful (Even if what we wanted was not included-- TAPA) as they delivered it in our room and there was no need for us to drag ourselves to the dining area. Although they have to work on 24/7 room service. Tagaytay is a dead zone in the middle of the night and it's quite hard to soothe those hunger pangs without a decent room service.
THE SPA: Very relaxing! We had a couples massage and was completely laughing at the sound being played in the background (imagining that there would be ninjas surrounding us any minute) but in the next few minutes completely dozing off. The ambience is very soothing and tranquil.
TECHNOLOGY: No wifi anywhere. This is one amenity they lacked and that ticked me at some point (and seriously I have anger management problems and hard to pacify when faced with poor service), however it was one I could easily bypass as my stay was a good one. TV reception on our end was a good one though
THE STAFF: Everyone was extremely friendly and attended to our every need. From the receptionist, to the waiters, to the roaming staff, to the spa attendants and even the manager who attended to the smallest details.
RATING: 4 of 5 stars