“T is for terrible” 2 of 5 bubbles

T House Tagaytay
Ranked #8 of 97 Tagaytay B&B and Inns
“T is for terrible”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2012

The concept of the place was nice but, sadly, the reality not so.
We spent the weekend having to call someone from reception every time we go out, as the room key only works when they use it.
The beds were too low for those of us with none too limble limbs.
The water heater spouts either ice cold or scalding hot water.
The beautiful curtained divan that looks so beautiful in pictures are full of mosquitoes,
the curtain not ivory white but more dirty cream.
And I hope the gravel parking area has at least been cemented by now

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank with_oldies

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2012

My family and I spent our Holy Week at T House. I reserved their Luxe Garden Suite the night before. They offered us this room that is good for 2 adults and 2 teens. I asked them if I could bring along my dog, and they graciously accepted. Upon our arrival, they welcomed us graciously and escorted us to our room. They even gave us a refreshing welcome drink. The T House rooms and facilities was zen inspired. They have chairs and tables scattered all around the compound in small canopies with mosquito nets for you to enjoy the trees and flowers around. Our room was not too big for us, maybe because they changed the day bed in a queen sized bed for my kids. So. we had a total of 2 queen sized beds in our room instead of 1 queen and 1 day bed. Petals of roses were scattered on our beds and at the bathroom. They even had a stack of best seller books for your reading pleasure. Their TV and air conditioner was small. But you can enjoy around 50 channels on their cable. Unlike in hotels, they only provide 20 channels at the most. Our room had a patio overlooking the garden outside. After dinner, we all had a relaxing massage at their spa. The only bad thing was there were ants at the head board of our bed. Food was great. The staff was excellent. My dog enjoyed a lot.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2012

I'm an Expat residing in Manila and like most Manilenos like to run up to Tagaytay once and awhile for an overnight stay, and with all of the new hotels there's a lot more variety to choose from these days. After doing a bit of research online we eventually selected T House as it's one of the new B&B's that have cropped up in Tagaytay.

We availed of one of the packages which included a couples massage, and either a four course lunch or dinner, breakfast was included as well. At first blush the grounds at T House are nice enough however there really isn't any area there that's conducive to just hanging out and enjoying the ambiance of the place. The hotel does have some decent facilities for either a wedding or corporate event (just don't stay there).

The couples massage was good and the facilities were clean and relaxing. They also clearly put a lot of thought and effort into their kitchen. We elected the four course dinner which was a little disappointing as they only offered Dory and honey baked chicken. The dinner and breakfast were good however since we were just overnighting we didn't have the opportunity to order off of the menu. The entire staff was great and provided great service, they are clearly well trained and really try hard.

To say the rooms at T House are rustic or Spartan would be an understatement in our case. While it may have simply been the room we were assigned to, I highly doubt it. The room was small and the CR was tiny. The floor is unfinished cement with an old style TV sitting on a small table which was so low you could barely see the thing while you were laying in bed. There was no closet, desk or other real furniture except for a small cane chair and TV tray. There were some shelves one of which had a rod underneath and a few hangers for your clothes. The door and windows were fitted with opaque plastic inserts, which I suppose were supposed to mimic Capiz however the only thing it did was offer a lack of total privacy and they allowed so much ambient light into the room at night it was like you left the lights on all night. It made it very difficult to get a good night's sleep. Further, there was absolutely nothing that would make you want to just hang out in the room and relax, or really even stay in the room at all.

Overall the facilities at T House are OK and the food is above average and the staff is really great, however the rooms are not nice at all. We could have gotten a deal at Taal Vista for a lot less and still been able to hang out by the fire and listen to live music over a drink in the evenings.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Putingunggoy

Travelers are raving about these Tagaytay hotels

Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2012

The rooms are not that bad but we expected more for its price and website photos. The room is small making the king-sized bed looked too big. The bathroom is spacious though.

For the price of their cheapest room (Fire) - you can definitely find better options.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Justjhas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

We stayed at T House for our first year anniversary just this December 23. It had a good location and was just beside a Catholic Church. Upon arriving, the staff welcomed us warmly and informed us of the free goodnight tea and cookies which is a nice touch by the hotel. The room itself was very simple and we think the price of 4650P was too steep for it. One could save 50% in one of the deal online sites but it can't be booked for December - January. The breakfast was good though, and had a lot of choices with unlimited brewed coffee. What disappointed us the most was the cockroach we found when we returned back in the room. We already left a message in their comment sheet upon payment.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2011

Stayed with my husband for a post birthday celebration on the last day of November. I bought the room voucher through a group buying site and supposedly got a good deal. We paid P2,900 (around that amount) nett for one night with breakfast. Aside from the room reservation, also bought a set of one hour massage for both of us.

Similar to the experience of others who reviewed Thouse, it was so easy to reserve and the people who answered my call were all very professional. There was a reservation process in placed for those who bought it online and the whole process only took less than 30 mins. I called and once I've given my mobile phone, they texted back the email address to which I should email the copies of the vouchers. When they got it, they emailed back the confirmation. On the day itself, they even texted me to remind me about my reservation. The only setback was that they still asked me to print the vouchers + confirmation to be presented to the front desk when I check in. Was wondering why this was still required since they already got a soft copy of all the vouchers. It was such a waste of resource (and time to print!). They could have just asked for IDs.

The hotel was easy to find since it's along the main road. And when you enter the compound there was a semblance of peacefulness and a promise of a "resort-feel" since the facilities had a minimalist, zen like design.

However, since the hotel was located along the main road, it was not quiet at all. We heard all the noise of the vehicles passing by, including trucks and tricycles. So even if we were in the garden (very minimalist garden as well!) and trying to appreciate the bonsai plants around us, the sound made us feel as if we were inhaling all the exhaust of the vehicles. Not very consistent with the image of Tagaytay in my mind - "cool" and "fresh."

But staying out in the garden was already a better option for us because the wifi was working in that area (and in the dining area also) and not in the rooms. Also, it was so sad in the room because it was just a box with a TV (also a box!) and fake windows. The zen like theme felt fake. We were already upgraded so I wondered how the lowest type of room would feel like especially if it was smaller than where we stayed. We stayed at Earth B. Again, it didn't feel like we were in Tagaytay. I know from the time that I got the vouchers that they don't have a view of the ridge (they're in the opposite side) but I was hoping that the rooms would overlook a garden or would open up to one. Once in the room, we felt sad and felt cheated. Had nothing to do except lie down in the foam bed with the cold air blasting in our faces because the aircon was exactly infront of us.

Good thing that the service team was good. Had initiative of bringing us mosquito coils to ward off the insects in the garden. They sent us tea and cookies before bedtime. When we requested for hair dryer the next day, it was delivered to us in less than 5 mins.

The massage was also good especially with its price of P450. It was comparable to the more expensive spa in the area. They have a zen outdoor spa but since it was already night time and it was cold, they suggested to do it inside.

Parking was good. It was big and inside the whole compound which gave us a sense of security.

Breakfast was good especially the bread which they said they baked. We didn't eat dinner there but looking at the menu, food was quite expensive.

Checking out was hassle free.

Will we stay there again? Probably not. We'll try another place where the room has windows that open up not. View with the ridge will be a plus.

Room Tip: If you're looking for a room with a view, not necessarily the ridge, then you should not book a...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank happyroadtripper
Manila
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

My wife and I stayed in T House when it first opened a few years ago and really loved it. When I proposed to her about a year and a half ago, I took her back here since that trip was our very first out of town trip together.

We returned to T House this year by virtue of a coupon where we received a hefty (I think it was around 50%) discount on a room. T House was just as we remembered it, with beautiful exteriors and minimalist interiors. I feel like some of the former reviews have been a bit unfair about the interior decor, all of which I found tasteful and minimalist. I will agree that some of their amenities are showing their age. The bathroom sink felt like it ws coming loose, and the aircon was a little on the loud side.

The staff more than made up for any shortcomings though. They achieve the perfect blend of politeness and respecting your privacy at the same time, which I appreciated greatly.

We may have been biased somewhat because of our memories of the place and because we got a discount on our stay, but if they make the necessary adjustments I believe that the T House is worth a try.

Room Tip: Some of the rooms may have older airconditioners. Try and see if your aircon is noisy first before...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple