“Great escape from the city”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Pasay, Philippines
“Great escape from the city”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have been here twice already and did not at all regret choosing this hotel over others! I got coupons from deal grocer for both times and both stays were great. Service is great, facilities are superb, food is yummy as well! Hoping to come back, maybe for two nights next time. http://www.touringkitty.com/2014/05/30/touringkitty-travels-hotel-kimberly-tagaytay/

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, June 17, 2014
Hi Touringkitty!

Appreciate the great review of your stay at Hotel Kimberly. I recommend following us on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) to get the latest in activities, events and promotions.

I hope you will return soon. The staff and I are certainly looking forward to that next chapter of your blog :)

Natalie Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Paranaque, Philippines
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Our stay in Hotel Kimberly was a memorable one...Perfect for those who wants to unwind and recharge.The location of the Hotel is perfect...quite and peaceful.The pool is warm/cool and clean.The food was perfect to my taste.Breakfast,Lunch and dinner was superb.Thanks to Chef Eman Mosende for the perfect / delicious menu. Overall it was an enjoyable stay at Hotel Kimberly....

Room Tip: South side or pool side are perfect.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Yenmor415
Dear Yenmor415,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. Glad you enjoyed the stay and Chef Emman's offerings!

cainta, philippines
Reviewed May 22, 2014

I was one of the participant in our recently concluded Capability Enhancement Training held in this hotel. I particularly doesn't had any expectations for i was told that this time our annual training will be in an inexpensive but nice hotel. But it was a surprise really when we arrived, for me it was a better hotel compare to those i stayed so far in Tagaytay. I find it really good from the room to other amenities. Though, i find the food very ordinary but i enjoyed the buffet breakfast the next day. Definitely, I will recommend this place to my family and i am sure they will surely enjoy. My nieces and nephews already looks forward to have a dip on the pool and roam the farm beside the hotel.

Room Tip: the room assigned to us was triple share in the 4th flr. 407, everything was fine. very ideal for yo...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Dear oyette2013,

Thank you for the wonderful review and for recommending us...that is the best compliment of all. It is always nice to hear that we've exceeded guest expectations because then we know you've enjoyed your stay. We certainly hope to see you return with your friends and family in the future.

Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed May 21, 2014

We chose to stay in Hotel Kimberly in Tagaytay last May 9-10 due to good reviews.

Based on our stay, here are some of the great things I can share:
1. The location was good since it is away from the main roads but is not hard to find. It's also a quick drive to Robinsons and Sky Ranch.
2. The pool area was clean. Although it was open, we enjoyed swimming with my kid since it was cloudy when we went there.Staff also provided swimming stuff for the kids (kick boards, floaters, etc)
3. A lot of activities to keep you busy, aside from swimming, they have the playground, obstacle course, mini farm, game room (billiards, air hockey, fooseball, table tennis)
4. The rooms were clean and the beds were big and comfortable.
5. Wifi access is ok and complimentary.
6. Only 4 floors so you can take the stairs for exercise.
7. Staff were very friendly and accommodating.

Here are some of the areas for improvement:
1. Buffet breakfast - not so exciting. The area we sat had a lot of flies (near lobby).
2. Room we stayed had a broken bidet (although it was immediately replaced).
3. Fitness area only had treadmills and stationery bikes. I thought it had equipment for weight training.

Overall, it was an enjoyable stay at Hotel Kimberly !!!

3 Thank Daniel M
Dear Daniel M,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I'm glad you liked the hotel and enjoyed your stay with your family. Hotel Kimberly is a good venue for family activities and relaxation and it sounds like you've done exactly this!
I've taken note of your comments where we can improve...we are working very hard on finding a permanent solution with the flies. They've been particularly active this warm summer season everywhere and is challenging to handle. Rest assured, we still maintain frequent regular pest control treatments.

We hope to have you return on a regular basis and look forward to being of service to you once more.

Manila
Reviewed May 9, 2014

Our first choice of lodging for several years now each time we're in Tagaytay is Discovery Country Suites. However now that we have a baby/toddler, we wanted to try another place which suits kids better, and came across Hotel Kimberly here in TripAdvisor.

Booking was easy - all we did was call and got ourselves a room.

We booked extra bed for our yaya for 1k, which also comes with free breakfast (buffet). Worth the price I say.

What I liked:
- Clean basic room, very spacious bathroom (with bath tub even!)
- Extra bed we have requested was already set-up when we arrived. Very efficient!
- Small ref actually has a freezer compartment that works! Very useful since we have brought ice packs to keep baby food chilled while on the road.
- They have a good selection of DVDs which you can borrow from Front Desk, and just need to leave an ID
- Breakfast buffet is good, mostly Filipino food, there's egg station too. Pancakes were on the dry side though.
- Place is definitely good for families. I enjoyed introducing my little one to rabbits, sheep, pig, and poultry (chicken, turkey) available in their petting farm. The caretaker (forgot to ask his name) was very accommodating and helpful - he keeps handing us food to feed the animals.
- They have an outdoor activity area for playing obstacle course.
- My little one enjoyed playing on the huge kiddie play area outside.
- Big parking space, not crowded.
- Staff were very courteous and helpful.
- Spacious and nicely-decorated lobby

There are 2 pools (1 adult, 1 kiddie) but both were kind of crowded when we were there. They're not heated pools , but since baby wanted to swim we decided to just let her stay in the bath tub of our hotel room. Plumbing needs to be checked as halfway through draining the tub, the water leaked and bathroom floor got slightly flooded.

We can't figure out how to use the safety vault - or maybe it has already run out of batteries.

SUGGESTIONS:
- Maybe HK can look into upgrading their TVs to flat-screen type to free up more space in the room
- Adding floating shelves near the sink will be helpful. There's hardly any space to put own toiletries/paraphernalia on.
- Not sure if they have a game room but might be a good addition to their amenities.
- They have a huge unused lot right beside the petting farm. Perhaps they can use the area for bonfire/ bbq nights (with smores and beer!) in the colder months of the year. Not sure if bonfires are allowed in Tagaytay though. Or build a mini garden maze/labyrinth for the kids to enjoy.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely book again next time. Will be happy to recommend to friends and family.

Room Tip: The prices of the different rooms increment by 1k only, so if you have extra cash to spare then why...
2 Thank vanilla-ivory
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear vanilla-ivory,

Thank you for the detailed review of your Hotel Kimberly stay. I always appreciate feedback such as yours as it helps us to continuously improve. And I definitely appreciate recommendations by our guests to their friends and families! A big thank you for that!

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and enjoyed the room, pools, playgrounds and farm. I will also make sure to pass on your compliments to Gerald (the animal caretaker) as well as the rest of the staff. Since your visit, an owl, several ducklings, 2 piglets and a lamb have been born and added to our growing animal collection. Something you and your little one can look forward to!

We do have a games room with foosball, pingpong, and billiards that is popular with kids and adult alike. Perhaps on your next visit you can check this out. I am also checking on our pancakes and agree this should be and WILL be improved.

We look forward to having you and your family return again.

manila, philippines
Reviewed May 6, 2014

I'm quite happy with our stay here at Hotel Kimberly. It was better than i expected actually... The room itself is nothing spectacular. It has the typical amenities found in a hotel room, like hairdryer, complimentary bottled water, etc. It would have been nice to have a carpeted floor instead of tiles though. My family and I really enjoyed swimming in their pool. I'm not sure if the water is heated, but it wasn't as cold as compared to Taal Vista hotel's pool. The playground and team-building area is very nice too, quite clean if i may say. My kids also enjoyed the farm area where you can feed the rabbits and walk around with the chicken and turkey. The breakfast was also typical, with your usual Filipino breakfast. Not the best, but it's not bad either. The location itself is quite far from the main road, but it's not a problem for us at all. I really like their staff, very friendly and helpful at all times. Overall, I enjoyed our short family getaway trip here. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

1 Thank cyeson
Dear cyeson,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I will make sure to pass your compliments to the staff. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay and hope you will return again in the near future. We look forward to being of service to you once more.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We really love this hotel for everything it offers! Perfect for families like us. We stayed April 9 to April 9 (Araw ng Kagitingan). Their premier room is very big with two queen beds so my kids had enough space to play around. They have a cute circular kiddie pool which is so clean which makes it great! They have a playground and a lot of garden space for my kids to run and run the whole day. The space was too big it even allowed us to fly kites which was soooo great!!! They have a mini farm where you can feed the sheep and rabbits. The hotel is not located at the main highway so if you dont have a car., it is a 2km drive from the highway. The hotel offers free shuttle service to some establishments just inform the front desk. During our stay we had buffet breakfast..simply just everything we need to relax and unwind!!

Room Tip: Premier rooms for more space and comfort
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank 88KimmyY
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear 88KimmyY,

Thank you for your great review of your stay with us! It sounds like you made full use of all the amenities offered by the hotel and enjoyed it! Our farm population has increased since your last stay by 2 new piglets, 11 ducklings and more chicks. Maybe you and your family can check them out on your next visit! I highly recommend you look us up on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) to keep updated on events and promotions.

We look forward to being of service to you again.