“Perfect Tagaytay Experience!”

Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
Manila, Philippines
“Perfect Tagaytay Experience!”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We really love this hotel for everything it offers! Perfect for families like us. We stayed April 9 to April 9 (Araw ng Kagitingan). Their premier room is very big with two queen beds so my kids had enough space to play around. They have a cute circular kiddie pool which is so clean which makes it great! They have a playground and a lot of garden space for my kids to run and run the whole day. The space was too big it even allowed us to fly kites which was soooo great!!! They have a mini farm where you can feed the sheep and rabbits. The hotel is not located at the main highway so if you dont have a car., it is a 2km drive from the highway. The hotel offers free shuttle service to some establishments just inform the front desk. During our stay we had buffet breakfast..simply just everything we need to relax and unwind!!

Room Tip: Premier rooms for more space and comfort
2 Thank 88KimmyY
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear 88KimmyY,

Thank you for your great review of your stay with us! It sounds like you made full use of all the amenities offered by the hotel and enjoyed it! Our farm population has increased since your last stay by 2 new piglets, 11 ducklings and more chicks. Maybe you and your family can check them out on your next visit! I highly recommend you look us up on Facebook (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) to keep updated on events and promotions.

We look forward to being of service to you again.

Natalie Ng

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (89)
Dasmarinas City, Philippines
Reviewed April 20, 2014

First visit >>Check-in: April 13,2014 Check-out: April 14,2014
Booked thru: Hotel Kimberly website
Pros:
-Only about 10 minutes away from Summit Ridge, Skyranch, Taal Vista, etc.
-We stayed on 2nd Floor room, 2 twin beds, main gate view. Room itself was GREAT...comfy beds, fluffy pillows, towels, working AC, strong wifi
-Helpful housekeeping staff, pool attendant and porters
-Nice facilities for families. Free gamesroom, free use of swimming pool toys, open fields and access to the farm animals and gardens, DVD library
Cons:
-Unhospitable Front Desk Staff
When I booked on the hotel website, I was able to select a check-in time, I selected 1pm. When I arrived a little past 12pm, to check-in, the attendant told me the check-in time was 2pm and that she would text me when the room was ready. No suggestions from the front desk where we could ‘kill’ time or even a ‘Welcome’ drink of ice water. My boys and I sat for awhile then visited the gamesroom, then they got thirsty, I asked the front desk where I could get a drink, they pointed me to the restaurant. I asked the restaurant employee, if I could get one glass of Ice Tea, she looked at me confused and I told her I would pay for it
-Unapologetic Front Desk Staff
When I finally received a text that the room was ready, around 1:15pm. We were delighted that the room was ready before 2pm. Unfortunately, it was the wrong room. So we waited again for about 30 minutes.
There had to be a reason for the delays and the mix-up, one of the more friendly porters mentioned a large group that had just checked out. I can understand and accept that but why didn’t the Front desk even mention that, instead of acting so aloof.
-Food quality
We came down for dinner. Ordered Kare Kare, Pan seared chicken with Mushroom Ragout and Kids Burger Meal. The price is a little on the high end but given the portion size its suitable. The Kare Kare was a disappointment, the veggies were fresh but the meat tasted old. The kids burger meal was overseasoned with salt and pepper, inedible and the fries were soggy.

2nd visit >>Check-in: April 19,2014 Check-out: April 20,2014
Booked thru: Hotel Kimberly website showed no availability. Phoned Hotel directly
Pros: consistent with first visit. Fun Easter Activities. Roy Jose R. Virtusio, Executive Housekeeper was open to my feedback.
Cons:
-Unhospitable Front Desk
We arrived 1pm for 2pm check-in. We were fine to wait, but as you see many others come in after you and get to check-in before you, it gets a little annoying especially with young kids. However, when you hear the Front Desk offering Welcome drinks to a selected few, then you begin to wonder. I asked her why during our first and now second visit we were never offered a ‘welcome drink’ ...the reply, a blank stare. We got our room on the 3rd floor at around 2:30pm. Again, finding out from the porter there was again a large group that had checked out today.

-Unhelpful waiters
After the Easter Activities, the children received their set lunch in the restaurant. The advertisement indicated Lunch plus drink. When I asked the waiter for the drink that came with the meal, he said its water...so what was the point in advertising the lunch came with a drink?

Room Tip: 2nd Floor easy access to pool 3rd Floor great poolside view
2 Thank Cherry K
Dear Cherry K,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I am glad and concerned at the same time with your comments. It sounds like you enjoyed your stay and the hotel facilities but got mixed service from our staff.

It is true that for the both occasions you stayed with us, it coincided with large group check outs on the same day otherwise we normally allow guests to check in if rooms are available. It is our practice to explain the situation and offer refreshments to guests who are kept waiting beyond the allowable check in time. If this did not happen, I sincerely apologize.

Rest assured, I've addressed this issue in detail with the front desk supervisor and waitstaff. We've implemented measures to ensure service quality consistency and are removing the optional check in times at our website - thank you for pointing that out.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed April 15, 2014

Pros: Quiet, well-maintained hotel. Nice swimming pools. Nice playground and petting zoo for kids. The rooms and bathrooms were large and clean. The buffet breakfast had good variety (the longaniza was very good).
Cons: the food in the breakfast buffet was cold, there was no bathrobe, box of tissues, newspaper and hair dryer in the room.

1 Thank malou p
Dear Malou P,

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay with us. I am glad you enjoyed your stay and liked the rooms, playground amenities, and the breakfast selection (I will mention longaniza to our chef). My sincerest apologies if the food was cold - this should never be the case while the buffet is still open and I've reminded our staff not to let this happen again.

Newspapers are available for guests in the lobby at no charge and hairdryers are placed in the dresser drawers of all guest rooms. .

San Fernando Pampanga, Philippines
Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family of five (with one kid) stayed at Hotel Kimberly overnight and it surely impressed us as soon as we've arrived. The staff are very friendly and accommodating and their demeanour easily swept away the fatigue due to a long trip from Pampanga and the stress from Metro Manila traffic. Everything went smoothly from the checking-in until checking-out at the hotel.

The room is very huge and I believe that it can accommodate up to 6 persons if the hotel only allowed it. We stayed at a Premier room which is good for four persons with free buffet breakfast. Wifi is available at the hotel premises with no extra charge. Children can enjoy their stay since the hotel has a playground, a farm with animals and herbs and two swimming pools. Ample parking is available as soon as you arrive. The location may be far from the view of Taal lake but since we are looking for relaxation, we didn’t mind the 10 minutes travel to the main travel spots.

Overall, we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and will definitely come back for our future Tagaytay trips.

1 Thank Jaimes Y
Dear Jaimes Y,

Thank you for that great review! I'm so glad you and your family enjoyed your stay. I will convey your compliments to the staff and I am sure they were glad to be of service to you.

Our premier rooms easily accommodate up to 5 people with an extra bed installed.

We certainly look forward to serving you on your next visit.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed April 11, 2014

The rooms are small for the price we pay. Not much to do here, and not much to view either. There's a team-building facility and a small pool but other than that, not much to offer. The only thing I like about this hotel is that it's near Mahogany market, famous for their bulalo.

Room Tip: Get the deluxe room so you'll have a bath tub.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Tugateyshus
Dear Tugateyshus,

Thank you for leaving your feedback.

Our rooms are larger than standard accepted size for hotels. If you traveled with your family, I can recommend our premier rooms which are much larger, easily accommodates up to 5, and may be more suitable for you.

Makati, Philippines
Reviewed March 29, 2014

Our company used this hotel as a venue for our overnight team building activity. It was quite secluded from the gimmick area proper as we thought we could easily go to Bag of Beans by night fall but it would be difficult if you didn't have your own car. They have good outdoor facilities but not as physical as the ones in Caliraya. It was a breath of fresh air though because of the farm area, complete with animals and herbs. The rooms were really cozy too. I checked the other facilities posted in the website such as the pool and the gym. The pool was small but the outdoor area itself was nice and comforting. I was quite disappointed to see the "gym" which only had three machines including a treadmill and elliptical machine. But the winner was the game room where you can play billiards, table tennis, foosball and air hockey. All you have to do is leave an ID at the reception area. The real winner though was hospitality of the staff even during wee hours of the morning during our drinking session. The breakfast the following day just included adequate choices but were good. I will definitely recommend this hotel and will come back.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Dear Chelsea B,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us at Hotel Kimberly. We appreciate the positive feedback of your team building stay. Just to let you know, we do have a hotel shuttle assigned for guests' use if needed. There is no charge for pick up or drop off in the nearby vicinity. So next time you are inclined to go out, just go to the lobby and arrange for this!

I'll make sure to extend your compliments to our staff - they always appreciate feedback on their service.

Wishing you and your company a wonderful 2014.

Pasig, Philippines
Reviewed March 24, 2014

My family's relatively enjoyable weekend getaway at this hotel was ruined during our check out when their manager/supervisor charged us P200 for two cheap glasses in the bathroom which my son accidentally broke. We are not stupid; those could not have been more than P35 pesos each and to think that the hotel buys them in bulk. There is no need to scandalously overcharge customers, especially those who may be thinking of returning there in the future. It just makes them look exploitative and desperate.

Room Tip: Make sure to don't damage anything because they will bleed you.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank GCM623
Dear GCM623,

It is unfortunate that this happened. While I understand that accidents happen, it is not (and will never be) our intent to overcharge our guests. Replacement cost incorporates administrative costs to cover the cost of re-order, delivery and inventory maintenance which guests don't see at the background. I don't think we are the only establishment that adopts this practice and I do not believe this it is exploitative but it is fair to both parties. I hope you understand that we are not out there to take advantage of such occurrences. Further I would respectfully disagree that we use 'cheap' amenities. That is not our practice: we aim to ensure guests enjoy their stay with us and thus the amenities we provide must measure up accordingly.

I regret that it affected your otherwise enjoyable weekend with us.