We stayed in this hotel last year to celebrate my son's 2nd birthday. We actually booked via Agoda.com, we corresponded with them a few time before finally booking and they were very accommodating during the process.
Here's what I like about the hotel:
1) The staff - They are polite and they smile right away when you see them and they are helpful. We arrived around 1:30 PM and they allowed us to check in early. Our room had 2 twin beds and we had to request for it to be joined - there was a little waiting time but that was acceptable because they had a lot of guests during that time because of a concurring convention.
2) Wide open spaces - I cannot rave enough about how spacious their parking, playground and garden areas are. We gave our son a new bike as a gift and he had more than plenty of space to bike around
3) The small animal and herb farm - Tucked in corner of the property are their animal and herb farm, it was an added treat for my son who don't often see turkeys, lambs, ducks and rabbits live and up close although with the herb garden nearby we have an idea why they have animals on the property.
4) Their buffet breakfast - They have a wide selection of food and fruits and we were very stuffed! Actually one of our considerations in booking a hotel is their food reviews. Even if a hotel says they offer buffet but if the reviews on their food is blah we don't book. Hotel Kimberly however met our expectations.
5) Clean room and comfortable beds
6) View - Alright, they may not have the view of Taal but the view of their spacious lawn and the modish houses of the adjacent subdivision is a fresh break for us who's used to seeing concrete buildings and billboards.
7) Kid Friendly - The hotel has a spacious play ground, a play room (kid's club), a kiddie pool and a small animal farm.
Here's what I don't like:
1) No street lights along the road leading to the hotel so it was very, VERY dark at night.
2) Lack of directional signs going to the hotel.
3) The location is a bit remote, the nearest restaurant is a good 10-15 minutes drive away... although if you really like privacy this may not a problem.
Overall I would say our stay was great, I wished we stayed longer and I would recommend this hotel to friends who have kids.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the cool breezes and relaxing ambiance of Tagaytay City. Get comfortable at Hotel Kimberly, where quality service and exemplary facilities meet. Nestled in the heartland of Tagaytay, this 4 star Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay is now open to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cheap Tickets and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Hotel Kimberly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberly Hotel Tagaytay