We stayed there one night for a wedding the following day. It was recommended by hubby's supplier there. We booked it early via Agoda and got a promo price compared to booking directly to the hotel. I called the hotel to confirmed our booking and choose a room after the transaction from Agoda was done. The operator advised me to book a room facing the road than the parking for a few and less noise. I also request for a Queen bed and a non-smoking floor.
When we got to the hotel after lunch ~230pm, and had no problems with parking in front of the hotel. The place was well guarded and a really nice grassy playground beside the parking...though some thought came through me, if it was my son there, he would run to the parking lot with ease since there was no wall or boarder - that is an accident waiting to happen. Nonetheless, it was a winning playground for my hubby to say that he wants to bring our son on the next Tagaytay visit.
Upon checking-in, we were able to quickly get our room. The lobby was spacious and had ample seating. We went to our room on our own since we just had hand-carry items via elevator. We were on the 2nd floor. Room was clean and simple. Bathroom big though some of the bath accessories were not beside or on top of the sink in the room we were placed in. It was weird having to go pick up the cup for the sink at another wall. There was not counter in front of the mirror so it was also weird but I think that has been fixed this way a long time now. We didn't get to use the air conditioning too much since the weather in Tagaytay was perfect.
There was a safe and a mini fridge that was a big Godsend since I had breastmilk to express and freeze. It's the only hotel I know that was able to freeze my milk overnight. I had too many failed attempts with storing my breastmilk in other hotels, locally and internationally, that it was surely a pleasant surprise for me! [I thought I had to request to have it stored in the hotel's restaurant or hubby's supplier's home. Glad I didn't have to.]
Noticed though that outlets in our room was quite limited - we had to take out a few lamps to ensure we had enough power for our gadgets the next day. Good that I brought along a plug with 4 USB heads for easy charging of my gadgets. My hubby had more problems since his plugs are all different heads.
We stayed in the hotel for the afternoon after check-in. Everything was good though I noticed that we had a noisy neighbor since they had a few kids with them. No problems since it was still the afternoon...oh, how wrong was I. We left around 630pm for dinner. When we got back, 12am or so, we could still hear our neighbors! The walls were quite thin! We were already tired so just had the TV on and slept through the noise.
We had a complementary breakfast buffet and got down around 820am the following day before heading to a morning wedding. The place as filled but we found space!
I saw the pool for the first time and it was quite nice! I'm glad that our room wasn't above or near the pool area since it was crowded!
Breakfast buffet was simple and decently complete. We had to eat and run so it was convenient that our stay had this since some of the other hotels in the area didn't have this and we would have to go out or pay extra for breakfast. Spreads were ample and included coffee/tea, aside from fruit juices.
Some thoughts though with the buffet:
(1) There were quite a few flies around and not enough ways to get them off of the buffet section/table.
(2) There were tons of waiters around but most were standing near the bar and talking while some were so all-over the place buy so I had to call them each time to get quicker service. (We were rushing a bit.) The manager was more helpful. Service was a bit slower...not sure if it's because of the crowd or the time of the day.
(3) There were quite a few utensils/plates that wasn't washed well so I had to have it changed or tell the waiters about it. Some were buffet plates with some egg stains on the edge!
(4) The egg station wasn't really utilized since there was not promotion or maybe people didn't know? There weren't a lot who had their eggs made. Maybe just when we were there.
(5) No placemats? Table was set-up only when you take a seat and tell them how many are you and there weren't any placemats so I felt a bit conscious if anything spilled outside of my place or cup.
In all fairness, we stayed only for a day and did stay in the room most of the day...which could be a different story if we stayed longer.
I would still recommend this hotel for friends as another option with the above disclosures.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immerse yourself in the cool breezes and relaxing ambiance of Tagaytay City. Get comfortable at Hotel Kimberly, where quality service and exemplary facilities meet. Nestled in the heartland of Tagaytay, this 4 star Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay is now open to serve you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and Travel Book Philippines, Inc. so you can book your Hotel Kimberly reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kimberly Hotel Tagaytay