“Feel at home”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family and I visited Tagaytay last Sept 21 2013. It was cold and rainy and we were not able to go sight seeing or horseback riding. However, the hotel staff were very pleasant, immediate with our concerns and there was a game room and free rent of DVD's. Too bad we were not able to enjoy the pool and the fsrm because of the rain but we will be back! Quite far from other destinations but near the Bulaluhan Restaurants...

Room Tip: Get the premiere room good for 4 adults and 2 children. Can even add 1 more adult. I got ours with...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Alison C,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad you and your family enjoyed your stay at Kimberly's spacious premier rooms. Also happy to hear that staff attended to all your needs promptly.

If I may suggest, you may want to book with us in the Halloween weekend (Oct. 31- Nov. 2) as we have lots of children's activities planned. You can check our Facebook page (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) or call us for more details.

We certainly hope to be of service to you again soon!

Reviewed August 7, 2013

We came here to celebrate my brother's birthday, 3 families occupying 3 rooms for an overnight stay. This property is located at the quiet area of Tagaytay, it has everything our family needed. Great food (we enjoyed the breakfast selection, but for those who woke up late, they didn't get to taste the hot chicken soup!!!), Swimming pool and game room for recreation, a play ground and a mini farm! (Both kids and adults enjoyed a lot). They also have a spacious veranda where we can chat at night.
But when we were on our way home, I noticed a lot of itchy rashes on my arms and faces including my ears, I am aware of my allergic tendencies so I do bring my own soap, shampoo and towel. The only thing I can remember is that there was too much fabric softener both on the pillow and on the blankets. And I thought I was the only one complaining, I noted another family member suffering from the same itchiness and discomfort.
Another downside is the way they clean the rooms, it seems the housekeeping are always in a hurry and forgot to clean the bathroom thoroughly as well as the floor underneath the tables and beds. No wonder all of us were sneezing all the time when we were inside the room. I would have given this a rating of 4 if they had only cleaned the rooms very well.
Lastly, they have courteous staff but they still need training on how to ask if there were extra persons/ breakfast in the group. They had it charged to the room of the other family and it is as if we are not going to pay... that's not our style, we pay for what our family consumed or used. y sister also works in a multinational hotel company and would always feel for the hotel staff, sadly everyone enjoyed except for me and another member of the family who are suffering from allergy until now.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2013

Dear Jen M,

Thank you for your feedback on your family stay with us.

Firstly, I am glad that your family in general liked the hotel facilities and enjoyed their stay with us. We have focused on making Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay the family destination of choice in Tagaytay and are glad to hear whenever guests compliment us on this. We periodically offer great deals for family groups which you and your family may be interested in. You can follow us on Facebook (search "Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay") or call us directly to find out what is available on offer.

I'd like to sincerely apologize for the delay in this reply as I had to investigate some of the areas of concern that arose from your review. I would also like to apologize if our room attendant had not cleaned the rooms to your standards. I have since talked to our staff and this will not happen again. Most of our reviews compliment us on the hotel's cleanliness so this will definitely be addressed immediately. I am also sorry if you have rashes along with another family member. The hotel has used the same laundry services provider for several years and this is the first time I've come across such a case. Nevertheless we've brought this to their attention. Should you plan on returning, may I respectfully suggest inform us in advance so we can ensure your linens will be specially handled as it sounds like you suffer from allergens and I certainly want you to enjoy your stay!

I do hope the above doesn't prevent you from returning again to stay with us at Kimberly Tagaytay. We look forward to having you again with improved services on your next stay.

Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Honestly this place is good with small children. Their free breakfast and kids eat free, is tremendously a big help wuth those that have bug family w lots of small kids. Kuddos ti the Chef and to Mr.Chito who works at the pool so patiently watching small childrenvery helpful and very Courteous, as well. thank you all stuff at Kimberly Hotel see you next year.

• Stayed: July 2013
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Dear rcazeau,

Thank you for your feedback on your family vacation in Tagaytay. Yes we do our best to make our hotel as kid-friendly as possible for families to enjoy and bond. I am personally very glad to hear your review reflect this. Your comments on great service is also very much appreciated - I will certainly extend your compliments to Chef and Chito. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed July 23, 2013

Our weekend getaway at Hotel Kimberly was amazing. My family love the hotel for its comfort, facilities and very accommodating staff. I just have to mention She of front desk because she is so gracious in all our requests. They have a game room which my boys really enjoyed playing billiard and table tennis. Plus the obstacle relays on the ground (for team building I think) makes it more fun in picture taking. The location is quite far from the main road but I don't mind. I am after the quiet, relaxing ambiance that the location has to offer. The rooms are quite spacious considering that we had extra bed added. Their breakfast is the usual, but hey it isn't bad. It's like eating at home. Their rate is not bad at all. Competitive compared to other nearby hotels but you will get more in Hotel Kimberly. Overall, I was really satisfied. We'll definitely go back and recommend this hotel to our friends.

Room Tip: Rooms on south have better view.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Dear tobie1019,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback and review of your stay. I'm so glad to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay there and would come back again. You may want to periodically check our Facebook page for current deals and activities (search Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay). We certainly look forward to welcoming you back!

Reviewed July 5, 2013

Our institute had a workshop at Hotel Kimberly during one weekend in June. The facilities are well maintained and our rooms were good. The staff were attentive throughout our stay and the food during the workshop was okay. We liked the furnishings/design of the hotel. The buffet breakfast was good (nice variety) and if it weren't for the rains, we could have had some outdoor activities after the workshop. The only thing is that its located a bit far from the main highway so you'd have to drive or commute maybe 10 minutes to the clusters of restaurants along the Maharlika Highway in Tagaytay. The location though can also be good when you're doing a workshop or seminar so there's less distraction or temptation to got out. We say many families staying at the hotel so I guess the service and facilities are good for family outings.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank d0ctrine
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2013

Dear d0ctrine,

I am happy to hear you liked the hotel and its amenities for your workshop. We have continually added and enhanced our hotel facilities to make it conducive for team-building, retreats and family outings.

Hotel Kimberly is about 3km from the main strip. Quite a few guests like this as it allows us to be near enough to the hustle and bustle but our location is far and big enough to experience the famous Tagaytay tranquility and cool breezes. For those without a car, we do have a shuttle service which can pick up and transport guests to nearby surroundings at no extra charge (we can also arrange for tours for a fee).

Your feedback is valuable to us and I thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Hotel Kimberly. I certainly hope to see you visit us again in the future!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I was overwhelmed by the awesomeness of Hotel Kimberly. Granted, there are a lot of more expensive alternatives in Tagaytay, but we were traveling by packs (with kids) and Hotel Kimberly showed more reasons why it's better to choose them over the others. They have a game room with foosball table, ping pong table, billiards table and even air hockey. They have quaint little farm with bunnies and other cute farm animals you can find. They have two pools that are kid-friendly in height (not more than 6 feet). They have a great playground. Everything is awesome.

And the buffet isn't that bad! I thought it's the worst, due to blog reviews but come on: their buffet is pretty decent. They serve fluffy pancakes. They can whip up a freshly-cooked omelette for you. They have the standard Filipino fare. And they have free-flowing desserts too. What more can you ask for?

All in all, I'll start bringing people here. It's great for kids, for corporate teambuildings etc. Oh, did I mention? They have pretty decent and clean rooms, too. They don't scrimp on sheets and the location ensures that you'll get a quiet sleep. Good deal.

Room Tip: Get the one facing the amenities (pool, farm). You'll enjoy the view.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2013

Dear Wence W,

I am also overwhelmed by your awesome feedback. Thank you so much. I am so happy to hear you truly enjoyed your stay and would start bringing others here. It truly is the highest form of praise. We strive to continually improve and over the years, our breakfast was one of those projects we tackled. Happy to hear you reaped the fruits of our labors!

Look forward to being of service to you in Hotel Kimberly again. If you want to keep updated on all our activities and promotions, just like us on our Facebook page (Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay) or email us at reservations@hotelkimberly.com to request to be added to our email list.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

Spent Father's Day weekend at this hotel with my wife and two daughters in their 20's. Loved their Premier suite which is actually a family room for 4 with two queen-sized beds. Can even add one extra bed for a 5th person. That's how big the room is!

Beds were nice and firm. Pillows were soft to our liking and comforters were nice and fluffy. Bathroom was roomy and fixtures were modern - even had a large rain shower head. Room had a medium-sized TV and buddy ref and came with 4 free bottles mineral water and free coffee sachets. Strange that the room had no doorbell. One had to knock to be let in (they only gave us one door card key). Strange also that the door card key does not double-up as a pass key which you insert into a slot just inside the door to activate the lights & electricity. So you had to carry 2 different keys with you at all times.

Hotel has a decent-sized swimming pool and a game/exercise room with billiards, table tennis and a treadmill. There is ample parking space and the lobby is quite large and well-furnished. There is also a ground floor coffee shop where they have a daily breakfast buffet. Quality of food is just average though.

Hotel location is ideal - along a quiet side road off the busy and noisy ridge road where all the restos and traffic are but close enough to be able to drive there within less than 5 minutes. Thus you get to enjoy the cool weather of Tagaytay with some peace & quiet.

Hotel staff are friendly and courteous and service is quick and responsive. Initially, we experienced weak flushing and a leaky bidet in our toilet. One call to reception was enough for them to send a maintenance person within 5-10 minutes who was able to fix the problem soon enough (by replacing some faulty part).

I wouldn't mind staying there again for a chill-out weekend in Tagaytay to escape the hustle and bustle of Manila.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Bobby N,

Thank you for taking the time to give a detailed review of your stay at Hotel Kimberly. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel, the rooms, and its location. I also appreciated and took note of the repairs comments. I sincerely hope you enjoyed every aspect of your Father's Day. It's always great to hear families with older 'kids' still spending their special occasions together. May you have many more to come as your family expands. And we'd be privileged to serve you during these events or at any time you want to chill out!