All reviewsmovie nightmini farmfarm animalsanimal feedingpetting zoofree popcornobstacle coursehorseback ridingair hockeytable tennisbig playgroundmarshmallow roastingkid friendly hotelplay groundkiddie poolrabbitbreakfast buffet
Reviewed May 26, 2013

The hotel is not located along the main road of Tagaytay so it does not have a view of the Taal but it affords you a little peace and quiet if your intention is to relax. If you want to check out the view to Taal, it is just about 10 minutes away.

I stayed in their Superior Room (305). The room is clean, likewise with the toilet and bath. It has twin beds, TV, small fridge. They have ample cabinets for storage, there is a safe inside one of the cabinet; towels, toiletries and disposable slippers are provided. Room 314 where my friends stayed is bigger and has two queen beds but has basically the same items as the Superior Room. Wifi inside the room is strong and fast. They have a kids pool (3 feet) and adult pool (4-5 feet?). The water in the pool is not cold even when Tagaytay weather is cold (took a dip at night and still the water is okay). They have a game room where you can play billiards and table tennis. There is a gym but I haven’t seen it during my stay. Kids will enjoy the play area on the hotel grounds. The staff are friendly and very accommodating.

Breakfast is great. I love that they have a wide selection of food: breads, cereals, rice and viands (bacon, ham, fried dilis etc). They even have an omelet/waffle station where the food will be prepared as you requested it. The only thing I did not like is the food they serve for lunch and dinner. It seems that there is a limited selection and the dish they serve during dinner is a variation of the dish served during lunch. And (ops!) the aircon inside the room was leaking so there was a small puddle below the A/C unit but when their attention is called about this, they immediately responded. Overall, I recommend this for a relaxing stay with your spouse or family.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank traversata
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Traversata,

We really appreciate your detailed feedback of your stay with us. I am also happy to see you liked the place and enjoyed yourself and trust you will return again in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

Stayed here with a group of friends and we booked 4 rooms. Rooms are clean. Wifi is extremely bad. Had to re-sign in 4 times to submit this review. Family style hotel. Do not come with other adults and expect a quiet place.

Room Tip: Do not face the pool
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank kmquek

Dear kmquek,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at Kimberly. I apologize for the problems you experienced with our wifi. The wi-fi issue has been addressed through a recent upgrade of equipment to allow for greater reach in all areas of the hotel and should not be a problem for future stays. We hope to see you return again.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Checked-in last May 12, 2013 with my entire family. I think the hotel was really good. Quiet location, very attentive and polite staff, clean room and bathroom (except for the shower curtain at 311 and the noisy air-con unit) and breakfast buffet was also good; A few things for the Management to improve on is the garden and the Farm. Grass and plants not trimmed, dried leaves everywhere, not a well manicured garden. I suppose one does not need to manicure the garden everyday, considering its size (considering we came from Caleruega Church before checking-in). The Farm also is not well maintained, or perhaps still under construction?

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Pience
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear Pience,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Kimberly. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the hotel room, the food, and the service. I will also take note of the shower curtain mention which should be a quick fix! My apologies for our gardens and farms but they are truly still works in progress. We've developed the farm initially to serve our kitchen needs and keep a 'few pets' (all of whom have been busy multiplying!). Demand from guests for our farm produce have led us to decide to develop this further. I am sure you will find them much improved should you stay with us again in the future and look forward to being of service to you then..

Reviewed April 28, 2013

We decided to spend the weekend in Tagaytay at the last minute. We couldn't find an available room except in Kimberly Hotel. Of ourselves, I am grateful for the room and the free upgrade. My observations are as follows:-

PRO
- the reservation was very fast and easy. Neth went an extra mile to help us
- we had a free upgrade
- the staff are pleasant and genuinely go out of their way to serve
- the rooms are well-sized
- massage is available. Prompt, reasonably priced and skilled masseuse

CON
- the rooms/bathrooms need more oomph or character. I find them rather spartan and showing their age
- the food is not good at all. Breakfast food is oily and does not taste well. The kitchen staff needs training to achieve the continental standard.

Otherwise, it was a good experience

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NatureHigh

Dear NatureHigh,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you were accommodated and liked the hotel. I've noted your comments and suggestions and will use these in our continuous efforts to provide a good experience for all our guests.

Wishing you the best in your travels.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very bad experience. Before purchasing a dealgrocer voucher, I called and asked if the date I wanted to reserve was still open for a deal grocer voucher and i was told that it was "open na open". I asked if it is possible to pencil book and was advised that I can't because they need the voucher. I advised Kristina Kanlapan, the Reservations Agent, that I will only be able to purchase after 4 hours. We were assured that the date was still wide open.

When we finally got to purchase (after 4 hrs) and emailed the voucher, we were told that the date we wanted was no longer available and was asked for another date instead. Unfortunately no other date works for us and we said just refund us. They said they can't do it. We were denied to speak with their supervisor and were told that the info being relayed would be the same as what the supervisor would say. After questioning, we found out that the supervisor left already.

We just want our money back and given the poor way we were handled by the reservations officer, I will definitely NOT RECOMMEND to stay there. If they say the booking got filled up within a span of 4 hours, that's fine, just give us our money back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank larski_mnl
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Larski_MNL,

I am sorry for your regrettable experience with our Reservations staff and have addressed this issue with our staff to prevent this happening again in the future. I hope you understand that while we try to please all our customers, we have other clients to cater to for their booking requirements. It so happened that the day you wanted was truly in high demand. We are more than willing to refund your request and had already stated this within 24 hours of your conversation with Reservations. Since your purchase is with Dealgrocer and not directly to the hotel, we had to clear this with them first before we could inform you.

If you have any other problems, I would truly appreciate it if you could call us to settle this matter. It is unfortunate that did not want to provide a contact telephone to settle this matter properly.

We sincerely wish you the best in your future travels and as I said, we regret in this instance, we weren't able to be of service to you.

Regards,