All reviews movie night mini farm farm animals animal feeding petting zoo free popcorn obstacle course horseback riding air hockey table tennis big playground marshmallow roasting kid friendly hotel play ground kiddie pool rabbit breakfast buffet
Reviewed April 28, 2013

We decided to spend the weekend in Tagaytay at the last minute. We couldn't find an available room except in Kimberly Hotel. Of ourselves, I am grateful for the room and the free upgrade. My observations are as follows:-

PRO
- the reservation was very fast and easy. Neth went an extra mile to help us
- we had a free upgrade
- the staff are pleasant and genuinely go out of their way to serve
- the rooms are well-sized
- massage is available. Prompt, reasonably priced and skilled masseuse

CON
- the rooms/bathrooms need more oomph or character. I find them rather spartan and showing their age
- the food is not good at all. Breakfast food is oily and does not taste well. The kitchen staff needs training to achieve the continental standard.

Otherwise, it was a good experience

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NatureHigh
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear NatureHigh,

Thank you for your feedback. Happy to hear you were accommodated and liked the hotel. I've noted your comments and suggestions and will use these in our continuous efforts to provide a good experience for all our guests.

Wishing you the best in your travels.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Very bad experience. Before purchasing a dealgrocer voucher, I called and asked if the date I wanted to reserve was still open for a deal grocer voucher and i was told that it was "open na open". I asked if it is possible to pencil book and was advised that I can't because they need the voucher. I advised Kristina Kanlapan, the Reservations Agent, that I will only be able to purchase after 4 hours. We were assured that the date was still wide open.

When we finally got to purchase (after 4 hrs) and emailed the voucher, we were told that the date we wanted was no longer available and was asked for another date instead. Unfortunately no other date works for us and we said just refund us. They said they can't do it. We were denied to speak with their supervisor and were told that the info being relayed would be the same as what the supervisor would say. After questioning, we found out that the supervisor left already.

We just want our money back and given the poor way we were handled by the reservations officer, I will definitely NOT RECOMMEND to stay there. If they say the booking got filled up within a span of 4 hours, that's fine, just give us our money back.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank larski_mnl
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Larski_MNL,

I am sorry for your regrettable experience with our Reservations staff and have addressed this issue with our staff to prevent this happening again in the future. I hope you understand that while we try to please all our customers, we have other clients to cater to for their booking requirements. It so happened that the day you wanted was truly in high demand. We are more than willing to refund your request and had already stated this within 24 hours of your conversation with Reservations. Since your purchase is with Dealgrocer and not directly to the hotel, we had to clear this with them first before we could inform you.

If you have any other problems, I would truly appreciate it if you could call us to settle this matter. It is unfortunate that did not want to provide a contact telephone to settle this matter properly.

We sincerely wish you the best in your future travels and as I said, we regret in this instance, we weren't able to be of service to you.

Regards,

Reviewed April 12, 2013

My first time to spend a night at tagaytay. We decided to try this hotel and we were not disappointed. Lobby is inviting. Service is good. Food is great (must try: kare-kare). Premiere room is big enough for our family, with balcony but without scenic view. Over all.. feels like home.

• Stayed: April 2013
3  Thank pamy_arte
KimberlyGM, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2013

Dear pamy_arte,

Thank you for your lovely feedback. I'm happy to hear you liked everything about Hotel Kimberly from the room, food to the overall surroundings. We certainly look forward to having you again in the hotel!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

The hotel is cozy. Rooms and beds are comfortable and clean. The property is quite big with some sort of backyard farm with a few vegetables and farm animals that could delight small children. Swimming pool is adequate. Book this hotel if you want to peace and quiet surroundings. Less expensive than Taal Vista but worth it.

Breakfast buffet is good. The food from the in-house restaurant is also nice if you don't want to go out anymore as we did during the night of holy thursday.

Overall, it is a nice quiet hotel that I would book again.

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the back of the hotel and away from the elevators.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank grouchalv

Dear Grouchalv,

Thank you for your review! I'm happy to hear you liked the hotel's coziness and peaceful surroundings. We certainly look forward to serving you again in Kimberly when you return!

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Our kids enjoyed this hotel because of its amenities and its size (it's not too big and the kids felt safe and comfy moving about). They have a nice shallow pool at the back and a mini farm. My kids enjoyed feeding the bunnies and playing in their huge outdoor playground. They also enjoyed running around the grassy field in the back. The breakfast buffet was nice, there was enough variety considering that our kids are picky eaters. Their playroom was also useful entertainment for the kids, especially at night.

There is one drawback though....the hotel's location is quite far from the rest of Tagaytay. You need to have your own car if you decide to book here.

Room Tip: if you want a quiet sleep at night, try to request for a room that's far from the elevator/stairs. the hallway isn't carpeted so you can easily hear footsteps and dragging from the hallway.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank travelling_lawyer0

Dear travelling_lawyer0,

Thank you for your review. I am glad your family enjoyed the hotel and it's farm. We have worked hard to add activities and really appreciate feedback about it!

Our location is about 3km inland from the Taal Lake ridge and allows us to have the space for our guests to relax and enjoy. For those without their own transport, we have shuttle services that makes scheduled rounds within the Tagaytay commercial areas.

I hope to see you again in Kimberly.