All reviewsmovie nightmini farmfarm animalsanimal feedingpetting zoofree popcornobstacle coursehorseback ridingair hockeytable tennisbig playgroundmarshmallow roastingkid friendly hotelplay groundkiddie poolrabbitbreakfast buffet
Reviewed November 18, 2012

The reception area is pleasant, the staff attentive and quick, and checking in was a breeze; the double-height ceiling lobby has clean and neat seating in modern classic style. The dining area is rather small in relation to the hotel's capacity, but it opens onto an adjacent poolside area with additional seating complete with patio umbrellas. I just wish they had installed an access ramp to this poolside area as I was with my mom who cannot walk well. A large pavilion is under construction next to the poolside. This hotel is still a work in progress...

Adjacent to the open carpark is a lawn/playground with a slide in the middle (as pictured in the website). Beyond the playground is an open field with vegetable/herb nurseries, rabbit cage, sheep corral and chicken coops. There are chickens (including black-skinned Chinese chickens) roaming in the area. This hotel touts its child-friendliness, and indeed the farm staff allowed my little niece to feed and touch the rabbits, sheep and chickens. My niece enjoyed these kiddie touches immensely, aside from swimming in the kiddie pool and the bigger pool beside it.

The elevators are fast, its interior looking quite new even though the hotel is already a few years old.

Each room is accessed with an electronic card, and provided with an electronic safe for valuables...definitely pluses in my techie book...The clothes cabinet could be improved with additional shelves.

When I flicked the light switch on for the first time the power was off...someone forgot to activate the electricity, so I had to wait a bit for a staff member to activate it with a card.

There were no funny smells in the room or the bathroom, a basic criterion that many other hotels in the Tagaytay area at this class miserably fail at. I was so happy not to detect the smell of moulds (they trigger my allergies) when I entered my room. The bathroom counter is made of synthetic granite material that looks new and feels clean. The tile grouting on the shower cubicle could be improved (the dark grey water-proofing looks dirty, even if it actually was clean). My mom called me from her room to show her how to toggle the water from the shower head to the faucet...it seems someone had unscrewed a little transfer knob, so I screwed it back. These are minor details that the staff could try to always check. Also, the chrome bathroom fittings and glass partition could use some polishing...these details would make it perfect for a germ-phobic person like me, but overall I felt good.

The room decor is simple and modern...I was glad to find none of the usual tacky touches that I dislike so much in provincial hotels.

The white bedsheets were clean...no funny smells, no stains whatsoever. The mattress was a tad too firm for me, but it made no squeaky sounds and I was comfortable sleeping on this bed. The synthetic granite floor looked new and I felt it was clean enough to walk on barefoot. I did notice some scuff marks, dings and dents on the walls and furniture, but I could overlook those for the overall feeling I got of a room that's cool and clean.

The free breakfast for me was quite good in terms of quality and quantity. I'm a big-breakfast person so I was pleased and a bit overwhelmed by the choices that were on offer. The restaurant staff could probably be more observant and take away used plates from the diners' tables, but in general they were helpful and seemed eager to serve.
We went out for lunch and dinner...for me that's the main point of going to Tagaytay--experiencing other food options (and I'm not referring to the usual fast-food joints on the ridge) while enjoying the cool outdoors climate, spectacular views and pleasant conversation with my family and friends.

I can tell when staff are lazy, grumpy or unhappy with their job. Happily, Kimberly's staff were none of that, on the contrary they gave me good vibes throughout my stay, so a big Thank You to you all!

Would I stay in this Hotel again? Yes.
Would I recommend it to my friends? Yes.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Cynic Lion,

I appreciated your detailed review and comments on your stay at Hotel Kimberly very much! Always good to have feedback from our guests so we can continuously improve.

One of our current projects is making the hotel friendly for disabled guests...you should see those ramps there in the next few months so I hope to see you return again!

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We came in before 2:00pm yesterday and the reception was nice enough to let us check-in early. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool (not much to see though). Room was clean and spacious. Same goes for the bathroom. Then came dinner time, since I got a voucher that included a "romantic" 4course dinner for 2 (I just made additional order for our son), the dinner was far from "romantic" as the ambiance was far from it. I ordered tenderloin steak that was not tender at all but tasted fine. They have choices of 2 soups but only one was available so literally you have no other choice but to get the only one soup. Caesar salad ok, Dessert so-so only. Today the breakfast buffet was the worst! Few choices- plain rice, garlic rice, few Filipino sweets, small and cold pancakes, fried noodles, chicken and corned beef. There's a bread station where you can heat your own bread (they only have tasty breads-that's all), 1 choice of juice, coffee, and chicken congee (so far the best among the rest for me).
My son enjoyed the pool though. That was actually the main reason why I bought the voucher. Shower was broken according to my husband so they just dipped into the pool yesterday without showering. Last night there were noises since there was a team building activity from a company.
Overall: Rooms are really fine. I really loved it. Service is also good (bellboys and staff are quite courteous). But the food really SUCKS! Few menu choices that are so overpriced!!! (beef salpicao costs around 450php and stuffed boneless bangus 660php-insane!!!).
Would I come back again?????? - I don't think so. Given the nice rooms and service, they have to really improve their menu and lower their prices! Besides, the location is quite far from the main road. I would rather book a more expensive room that offers good service and good food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ai_K_Ko
Nat0123, Owner at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Aimee_Ko,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your stay. Your comments on the food are already being addressed. However I'd like to point out that your quoted price on our items is not accurate - our generous jumbo bangus is in fact one of our perennial best sellers at P460 not P660.

Nevertheless rest assured our management remains fully committed to improving our services in every aspect to ensure excellent guest stay. If our hotel did not please you, then my sincere apologies.

Regards,

Managing Director.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a seminar-workshop here and had negative experiences that could be summed up into:

1)Poor facilities

First case: I confirm a similar review which says that the conference room wall panels do not provide enough sound proofing, which cause participants to hear whatever is going on in the adjacent room. It is so unfortunate if the seminar you are attending requires concentration and intellectual exercises and the next room is conducting fun-filled activities. We were having brainstorming then we would be distracted by songs and games from time to time.
Second case: The microphones are terrible. Not one is perfectly working.

2. Poor service

Food and Beverage:
First Case: My colleagues and I had to take heavy snacks after dinner since we were not satisfied with the dinner served to us; a small piece of chicken, two small pieces of pork, and so-so veggies. We ordered for arroz caldo and it took nearly one hour before the order is served. Luckily, our impatience was doused by the acoustic singer that night. The waitress would not smile and the waiters at the bar did not care to say what happened to our order.I was the one who asked about our order but a waiter just gave me a blank face. Oh well...

Second Case: On our last day a Sunday,we took our breakfast in a space near the gym, with only around one foot separating each table and around 4 inches separating each seat in the table -- taking breakfast in a cramped, poorly lighted space was exactly not a good way to start a busy day. As usual. the waiters gave us small serving sizes, which was the complete opposite of the breakfast we had the day before when we could get the food in whatever amount and prepare in whatever way we want. We felt bad for the shabby treatment.

General: The meals. morning and afternoon snacks were not good; resorts in Laguna could provide better tasting food. The ensaymada (Filipino pastry) quality is similar to that of your neighborhood bakery. The lumpiang sariwa (vegetable roll) is similar to a carinderia (neighborhood food stall) quality, the pizza is similar to a cheap one that you buy in bus terminals. I did not see any three-star hotel quality in the food, sorry. It's like paying so much for low quality items.

Housekeeping:
1. The smell of the room is unpleasant.
2. The pillows lost their firmness and would not bring a good night sleep
3. The soaps and toilet paper are not replaced.
4, Cabinets do not have shelves or drawers to organize things in your luggage.
5. Bidet in the bathroom is not working
Nice towels though.

Overall, I would NOT recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Bad location of the air conditioning unit at Room 305. at the same level as the beds. The cold air directly hitting your face would give you sleepless nights.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank dulcineak
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear dulcineak,

My sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience in our hotel during your seminar event. We are already addressing the items you mentioned in your review to ensure the same does not happen again. We remain as ever fully committed to improving our services in every aspect to ensure excellent guest stay.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The boyfriend & I stayed at KImberly Hotel a couple of years back during our 3rd year anniversary. I am not sure if my review is still relevant but I'm really surprised for the mixed reviews because we had an awesome experience staying in this hotel. First we had and awesome deal, the rooms way back cost less than 2000, probably the bf got a promo or something. The high ceiling of the lobby was nice too plus the other fixtures, pool was great, food was okay, nothing spectacular but loved the fact that you can have it served in your room for a romantic breakfast in bed. Parking was huge enough to accommodate tons of guest. Far from the main road. Each room has a balcony. That's a plus. Hotel facilities closes early like the bar & resto. Oh before I forget, the bathroom has this weird scent most likely due to the leaky pipes. Overall, I can give this hotel a 6. The staffs were very accomodating ESP those who are at the front desk. The maintenance guy who fixed our bathroom was a little bit grumpy though.:)

Room Tip: Stock on foods etc. hotel's a little far from the main road.:)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ainnahinthecity,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely hope to see you again!

Regards,

Reviewed September 29, 2012

this hotel location is far from the main tagaytay kind a secluded area, nearby residential area.

the hotel parking is great, it is a open parking space quite huge, the hotel lobby is impressive but many mosquitoes flying around , be careful kids.

we stayed there for 3 nights to spend our holidays, manpower is short, even the internet was down but it is included in the package.

the size of the room is impressive especially for family with kids, the beds were arranged perpendicularly and the floor is not carpeted which is favorable for sensitive kids and those with allergies but the big turn off is , the smell of the room is too fragrant to the point where your nose will be saturated with the smell, too much air freshener. You really have to open the door and windows to let the smell dissappear.

Worst is they are using somewhat like a fabric softener fragrance and sprayed it in the hallway of the room and inside the room , this is a big turn off.

We have a package of free dinner and breakfast, the food is below average, not so much choices, i remember, they have christmas ham prepared for a midnight snack but it again serve in the morning breakfast, since it was a left over.

We were there for the new year countdown, what the hotel did is they put a bonfire in the parking lot in front of the building, we were watching for the countdown but the big turn off is , i saw the security guards, firing their shotguns and pistol in the bonfire since it was new year and noisy.

The swimming pool is not so clean and there are some areas which you can say, left unmaintained.

The good part there is , they have these barbecue section where you can ordered, hotdogs and pork barbeque which taste good and not expensive.

Probably if you will just stay for few nights , the overall experience is so so.

Room Tip: kindly request them not to spray so much air freshener in the hallway and room, check your room is there are many mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank imax_12
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Imax_12,

I'm glad to hear you like our hotel facilities and sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the future. Your comment about the guards shooting around the bonfire is of concern to us. We take steps at all times and especially during festivities to ensure everyone's safety including but not limited to having our managers constantly roving and sealing the nozzles with signature of supervisor to precisely avoid irresponsible actions. We have reliable excellent security and if you have any further information for that incident then do let us know. In the mean time my investigation as a result of your feedback points to no such thing having occurred that evening. Thank you.