All reviews movie night mini farm farm animals animal feeding petting zoo free popcorn obstacle course horseback riding air hockey table tennis big playground marshmallow roasting kid friendly hotel play ground kiddie pool rabbit breakfast buffet
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We came in before 2:00pm yesterday and the reception was nice enough to let us check-in early. Our room was on the 4th floor overlooking the pool (not much to see though). Room was clean and spacious. Same goes for the bathroom. Then came dinner time, since I got a voucher that included a "romantic" 4course dinner for 2 (I just made additional order for our son), the dinner was far from "romantic" as the ambiance was far from it. I ordered tenderloin steak that was not tender at all but tasted fine. They have choices of 2 soups but only one was available so literally you have no other choice but to get the only one soup. Caesar salad ok, Dessert so-so only. Today the breakfast buffet was the worst! Few choices- plain rice, garlic rice, few Filipino sweets, small and cold pancakes, fried noodles, chicken and corned beef. There's a bread station where you can heat your own bread (they only have tasty breads-that's all), 1 choice of juice, coffee, and chicken congee (so far the best among the rest for me).
My son enjoyed the pool though. That was actually the main reason why I bought the voucher. Shower was broken according to my husband so they just dipped into the pool yesterday without showering. Last night there were noises since there was a team building activity from a company.
Overall: Rooms are really fine. I really loved it. Service is also good (bellboys and staff are quite courteous). But the food really SUCKS! Few menu choices that are so overpriced!!! (beef salpicao costs around 450php and stuffed boneless bangus 660php-insane!!!).
Would I come back again?????? - I don't think so. Given the nice rooms and service, they have to really improve their menu and lower their prices! Besides, the location is quite far from the main road. I would rather book a more expensive room that offers good service and good food.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Ai_K_Ko
Nat0123, Owner at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear Aimee_Ko,

Thank you for your candid feedback on your stay. Your comments on the food are already being addressed. However I'd like to point out that your quoted price on our items is not accurate - our generous jumbo bangus is in fact one of our perennial best sellers at P460 not P660.

Nevertheless rest assured our management remains fully committed to improving our services in every aspect to ensure excellent guest stay. If our hotel did not please you, then my sincere apologies.

Managing Director.

Reviewed October 31, 2012

We had a seminar-workshop here and had negative experiences that could be summed up into:

1)Poor facilities

First case: I confirm a similar review which says that the conference room wall panels do not provide enough sound proofing, which cause participants to hear whatever is going on in the adjacent room. It is so unfortunate if the seminar you are attending requires concentration and intellectual exercises and the next room is conducting fun-filled activities. We were having brainstorming then we would be distracted by songs and games from time to time.
Second case: The microphones are terrible. Not one is perfectly working.

2. Poor service

Food and Beverage:
First Case: My colleagues and I had to take heavy snacks after dinner since we were not satisfied with the dinner served to us; a small piece of chicken, two small pieces of pork, and so-so veggies. We ordered for arroz caldo and it took nearly one hour before the order is served. Luckily, our impatience was doused by the acoustic singer that night. The waitress would not smile and the waiters at the bar did not care to say what happened to our order.I was the one who asked about our order but a waiter just gave me a blank face. Oh well...

Second Case: On our last day a Sunday,we took our breakfast in a space near the gym, with only around one foot separating each table and around 4 inches separating each seat in the table -- taking breakfast in a cramped, poorly lighted space was exactly not a good way to start a busy day. As usual. the waiters gave us small serving sizes, which was the complete opposite of the breakfast we had the day before when we could get the food in whatever amount and prepare in whatever way we want. We felt bad for the shabby treatment.

General: The meals. morning and afternoon snacks were not good; resorts in Laguna could provide better tasting food. The ensaymada (Filipino pastry) quality is similar to that of your neighborhood bakery. The lumpiang sariwa (vegetable roll) is similar to a carinderia (neighborhood food stall) quality, the pizza is similar to a cheap one that you buy in bus terminals. I did not see any three-star hotel quality in the food, sorry. It's like paying so much for low quality items.

Housekeeping:
1. The smell of the room is unpleasant.
2. The pillows lost their firmness and would not bring a good night sleep
3. The soaps and toilet paper are not replaced.
4, Cabinets do not have shelves or drawers to organize things in your luggage.
5. Bidet in the bathroom is not working
Nice towels though.

Overall, I would NOT recommend this hotel to others.

Room Tip: Bad location of the air conditioning unit at Room 305. at the same level as the beds. The cold air directly hitting your face would give you sleepless nights.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank dulcineak
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Dear dulcineak,

My sincere apologies for your unfortunate experience in our hotel during your seminar event. We are already addressing the items you mentioned in your review to ensure the same does not happen again. We remain as ever fully committed to improving our services in every aspect to ensure excellent guest stay.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

The boyfriend & I stayed at KImberly Hotel a couple of years back during our 3rd year anniversary. I am not sure if my review is still relevant but I'm really surprised for the mixed reviews because we had an awesome experience staying in this hotel. First we had and awesome deal, the rooms way back cost less than 2000, probably the bf got a promo or something. The high ceiling of the lobby was nice too plus the other fixtures, pool was great, food was okay, nothing spectacular but loved the fact that you can have it served in your room for a romantic breakfast in bed. Parking was huge enough to accommodate tons of guest. Far from the main road. Each room has a balcony. That's a plus. Hotel facilities closes early like the bar & resto. Oh before I forget, the bathroom has this weird scent most likely due to the leaky pipes. Overall, I can give this hotel a 6. The staffs were very accomodating ESP those who are at the front desk. The maintenance guy who fixed our bathroom was a little bit grumpy though.:)

Room Tip: Stock on foods etc. hotel's a little far from the main road.:)
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Ainnahinthecity,

Thank you for your feedback. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and sincerely hope to see you again!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

this hotel location is far from the main tagaytay kind a secluded area, nearby residential area.

the hotel parking is great, it is a open parking space quite huge, the hotel lobby is impressive but many mosquitoes flying around , be careful kids.

we stayed there for 3 nights to spend our holidays, manpower is short, even the internet was down but it is included in the package.

the size of the room is impressive especially for family with kids, the beds were arranged perpendicularly and the floor is not carpeted which is favorable for sensitive kids and those with allergies but the big turn off is , the smell of the room is too fragrant to the point where your nose will be saturated with the smell, too much air freshener. You really have to open the door and windows to let the smell dissappear.

Worst is they are using somewhat like a fabric softener fragrance and sprayed it in the hallway of the room and inside the room , this is a big turn off.

We have a package of free dinner and breakfast, the food is below average, not so much choices, i remember, they have christmas ham prepared for a midnight snack but it again serve in the morning breakfast, since it was a left over.

We were there for the new year countdown, what the hotel did is they put a bonfire in the parking lot in front of the building, we were watching for the countdown but the big turn off is , i saw the security guards, firing their shotguns and pistol in the bonfire since it was new year and noisy.

The swimming pool is not so clean and there are some areas which you can say, left unmaintained.

The good part there is , they have these barbecue section where you can ordered, hotdogs and pork barbeque which taste good and not expensive.

Probably if you will just stay for few nights , the overall experience is so so.

Room Tip: kindly request them not to spray so much air freshener in the hallway and room, check your room is there are many mosquitoes.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank imax_12
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded October 25, 2012

Dear Imax_12,

I'm glad to hear you like our hotel facilities and sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the future. Your comment about the guards shooting around the bonfire is of concern to us. We take steps at all times and especially during festivities to ensure everyone's safety including but not limited to having our managers constantly roving and sealing the nozzles with signature of supervisor to precisely avoid irresponsible actions. We have reliable excellent security and if you have any further information for that incident then do let us know. In the mean time my investigation as a result of your feedback points to no such thing having occurred that evening. Thank you.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went to this hotel for business meeting to be held there for 3 days. Upon arriving I was impressed by the modern amenities of the hotel including the rooms. Me and my colleague shared a double room which was were large and the bed and bath fixtures were modern. However when we arrived, there were no free bottled water. So off we went to the meetings. We were situated in a room adjacent to another room separated by a folding wall. The walls were not as thick such that we could very well hear the speaker on the next room. We were quite distracted. At lunch and dinner we had to use the other room to dine. The conference facilities were not as good. And food was not great either. Considering Tagaytay is a place for pineapples, there were no fruits available for dessert. Anyway, I recognized that the hotel was quite far from the main road where the drug store, groceries, etc were located. I kept postponing going to the drugstore during lunch time as I thought it was like Manila that opens 24/7. After the sessions, which was about 8 pm, I asked the staff if I could go to the drug store. They said, sorry madam but the drug store closes at 8. To my dismay, I had to postpone taking my last 2 dosage of antibiotics the next day. Late in the evening, after we had dinner and rested in our rooms, I called up the room service to ask for drinking water as was having some stomach cramps and wanted to have hot water. They said they could not give me bottled water because the storage was closed. That was awful! I had to bear the pain and slept with it. In the morning I rushed to the drug store to have my meds and a bottle of mineral water. Also, again I noted the long trip from the hotel to the main road of Tagaytay. I was wondering what if there were some medical emergencies and one has to get medicine right away? The thought dreaded me... Anyway, we were able to finish the 3 day meeting happily and hopefully when I come back I will be prepared.

Room Tip: Before traveling and going to this hotel, stack up on bottled water and basic meds. Better still bring your own car.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank malouvel
Nat0123, Managing Director at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2012

Dear Malouvel,

Firstly thank you for staying at Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay. I do apologize about your experience with the attendant regarding your request for water. It is definitely not hotel policy to refuse requests for water. We are rectifying this and would appreciate if you can send provide further details such as date of stay and when this occurred so we can address the issue. Aside from our complimentary bottled water in the rooms upon check in, Hotel Kimberly has purified drinking water available throughout the hotel and in our minibar. Depending on your organization's event organizer, they may have requested for all mini bar items to be withdrawn for the booked rooms. I sincerely hope to see you in the hotel again.