“average but good”

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 25 Hotels in Tagaytay
“average but good”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2012

this hotel location is far from the main tagaytay kind a secluded area, nearby residential area.

the hotel parking is great, it is a open parking space quite huge, the hotel lobby is impressive but many mosquitoes flying around , be careful kids.

we stayed there for 3 nights to spend our holidays, manpower is short, even the internet was down but it is included in the package.

the size of the room is impressive especially for family with kids, the beds were arranged perpendicularly and the floor is not carpeted which is favorable for sensitive kids and those with allergies but the big turn off is , the smell of the room is too fragrant to the point where your nose will be saturated with the smell, too much air freshener. You really have to open the door and windows to let the smell dissappear.

Worst is they are using somewhat like a fabric softener fragrance and sprayed it in the hallway of the room and inside the room , this is a big turn off.

We have a package of free dinner and breakfast, the food is below average, not so much choices, i remember, they have christmas ham prepared for a midnight snack but it again serve in the morning breakfast, since it was a left over.

We were there for the new year countdown, what the hotel did is they put a bonfire in the parking lot in front of the building, we were watching for the countdown but the big turn off is , i saw the security guards, firing their shotguns and pistol in the bonfire since it was new year and noisy.

The swimming pool is not so clean and there are some areas which you can say, left unmaintained.

The good part there is , they have these barbecue section where you can ordered, hotdogs and pork barbeque which taste good and not expensive.

Probably if you will just stay for few nights , the overall experience is so so.

Room Tip: kindly request them not to spray so much air freshener in the hallway and room, check your room is t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank imax_12
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Dear Imax_12,

I'm glad to hear you like our hotel facilities and sincerely hope we can welcome you back in the future. Your comment about the guards shooting around the bonfire is of concern to us. We take steps at all times and especially during festivities to ensure everyone's safety including but not limited to having our managers constantly roving and sealing the nozzles with signature of supervisor to precisely avoid irresponsible actions. We have reliable excellent security and if you have any further information for that incident then do let us know. In the mean time my investigation as a result of your feedback points to no such thing having occurred that evening. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Quezon City, Philippines
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went to this hotel for business meeting to be held there for 3 days. Upon arriving I was impressed by the modern amenities of the hotel including the rooms. Me and my colleague shared a double room which was were large and the bed and bath fixtures were modern. However when we arrived, there were no free bottled water. So off we went to the meetings. We were situated in a room adjacent to another room separated by a folding wall. The walls were not as thick such that we could very well hear the speaker on the next room. We were quite distracted. At lunch and dinner we had to use the other room to dine. The conference facilities were not as good. And food was not great either. Considering Tagaytay is a place for pineapples, there were no fruits available for dessert. Anyway, I recognized that the hotel was quite far from the main road where the drug store, groceries, etc were located. I kept postponing going to the drugstore during lunch time as I thought it was like Manila that opens 24/7. After the sessions, which was about 8 pm, I asked the staff if I could go to the drug store. They said, sorry madam but the drug store closes at 8. To my dismay, I had to postpone taking my last 2 dosage of antibiotics the next day. Late in the evening, after we had dinner and rested in our rooms, I called up the room service to ask for drinking water as was having some stomach cramps and wanted to have hot water. They said they could not give me bottled water because the storage was closed. That was awful! I had to bear the pain and slept with it. In the morning I rushed to the drug store to have my meds and a bottle of mineral water. Also, again I noted the long trip from the hotel to the main road of Tagaytay. I was wondering what if there were some medical emergencies and one has to get medicine right away? The thought dreaded me... Anyway, we were able to finish the 3 day meeting happily and hopefully when I come back I will be prepared.

Room Tip: Before traveling and going to this hotel, stack up on bottled water and basic meds. Better still bri...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank malouvel
Nat0123, Managing Director at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, July 24, 2012
Dear Malouvel,

Firstly thank you for staying at Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay. I do apologize about your experience with the attendant regarding your request for water. It is definitely not hotel policy to refuse requests for water. We are rectifying this and would appreciate if you can send provide further details such as date of stay and when this occurred so we can address the issue. Aside from our complimentary bottled water in the rooms upon check in, Hotel Kimberly has purified drinking water available throughout the hotel and in our minibar. Depending on your organization's event organizer, they may have requested for all mini bar items to be withdrawn for the booked rooms. I sincerely hope to see you in the hotel again.

Regards,
Natalie Ng
Managing Director
United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2012

Had an okay stay here. The room was okay but the room and the bed smells musty but I think it's because of the high humidity of the area. The bathroom was decent with shampoo and soap but there was no hair conditioner. It was clean enough, but I can't compare it to international standards. The pictures on the Internet looked better than the actual room. They had the hair dryer in the dresser drawer which was great because the hotels in the Philippines usually do not offer it not unless you're staying in a high end hotel.

Breakfast was okay with typical Filipino breakfast. I wouldn't call it amazing for sure. The staff were not as friendly and helpful either. Their fishing lagoon wasn't working and it wasn't large in the first place. They had a small garden in the back of the property and a small farm with chicken, goats and pigs. The kids had a great time checking out the place in the back. They had a large size pool and a kiddie pool and was well maintained. The pool lounge was vey nice and you can have your breakfast there.

The location did not work for us, it was too far and there were not that many pedi cabs driving by, but if you have a car and you want a quiet place to rest this is for you. I think we were the only guest there when we left, it was eerily quiet. The great thing about this hotel was they had perfect WIFI. Had perfect wifi in the room and all the public areas.

I would look somewhere else to stay if we ever go back. I don't think it was worth it for the price we paid. We paid around $100 for two queen size beds with two free breakfast and this was a promotional rate? There were other hotels that had great views of Taal lake and comparable amenities and the same price range. Some might not be on Tripadvisor coz they looked new.

Suggested items to bring/buy:

-travel Kleenex (double as toilet paper and facial tissue). Often times there was no toilet paper in the bathroom.
-travel sized hand sanitizer
-travel sized febreeze
-travel size liquid soap. As mentioned above, sometimes there were no soap in the bathroom.
-travel size shampoo and conditioner

You can buy most of the above items anywhere in the Philipinnes and they are extremely inexpensive.

Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Anoini2
Luzon, Philippines
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2012

My family and I stayed in Hotel Kimberly with my family during the Holy Week. The place is a 10-minute drive from the Tagaytay main road. Its location is just perfect for a peaceful and relaxing stay away from the city proper.

We got the premier suite, which is perfect for a group of 4 people. The room is spacious and clean. The bathroom is small but we didn’t mind as long as it is clean and everything is properly working, most especially the hot shower.

The pools are okay but I wish they were bigger so more guests could enjoy them. The breakfast buffet has a pretty good selection of typical Filipino food, which we really enjoyed. I would like to commend Kuya Edgar, one of the restaurant’s staff, for the great service. He made sure all our needs are well taken care of.

The parking area is big and there’s even a driver’s quarter. The fishing lagoon isn’t available when we were there. I’m a bit disappointed with their outdoor badminton area as some farm animals’ poops could be seen within the field. The place maybe a bit far from the city but there’s a playground, game room, fitness center and other amenities that would keep the guests busy.

Regardless, we enjoyed our stay here. It’s a nice place to check out especially for families wishing a quiet weekend. Customer service is great. It’s worth the money. We’ll spend more time in the hotel next time.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2012

Pros:
1.The rooms are clean and spacious.
2.The bathrooms are just ok.
3. Good service
4. There is a kiddie pool and playground for toddlers/kids.

Cons:
1. Food is nothing special.
2. location of the hotel is quite far from the main Tagaytay road where all the restos are

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank trish b
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2012 via mobile

Pros
1. Rooms are clean and spacious.
2. Nice ambiance good for relaxing.
3. Spacious parking
4. Beds are very comfy.

Cons
1. Bad service they didn't allow us to have an early check in to think we are on a big group. We almost got the whole place rented and told us that our guest can get their rooms still at 2pm.
2. Food is not too good.
3. Pool is so small not good for a big group.

Overall:
If you just want to get out of the polluted city, still this hotel would be a nice place to stay and get relax.

• Stayed May 2012
Nat0123, Managing Director at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Dear Graysia,

Thank you for your feedback and I'm happy to hear that you liked the room and the hotel ambiance.

Referring to your issue about early check ins, our official check in time is 2pm. This is stated in all our booking sites and contracts and is the accepted standard in most hotels worldwide. We do our best to accommodate early check-ins at no extra charge but it depends on the availability of rooms. My apologies if you were inconvenienced that we were not able to check you in but it will be due to rooms being prepared of readied, not because we would want you to wait.

I look forward to seeing you at Hotel Kimberly again.

Natalie Ng
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2012

I stayed here with my family during peak season (holy week). Though it was a bit far from all the action in tagaytay, it was our relaxing escape after a long day exploring tagaytay. The hotel was very quiet and peaceful all the time. The pool was great and our room is very spacious and clean.

1 Thank mvctrs