“Our default place to stay in Tagaytay”
Review of Hotel Kimberly

Hotel Kimberly
Ranked #2 of 26 Hotels in Tagaytay
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Yes, being here multiple times now, Hotel Kimberly has been like our default place to stay when we're in Tagaytay. Though it's far from all the action, we love it for its peace and quiet.

Despite repeated stays here already, I think what I wrote last year (http://halfwhiteboy.blogspot.com/2011/04/hotel-kimberly-reclusive-tagaytay.html) still very much applies. We love it for the generous amount of space everywhere -- from the parking, the playground, the lobby, and even to our room. It has a really airy vibe to it that we're drawn to.

Checking in and out are both fast and the room was still cozy and well-lit as our first time there; same huge bed, same spacious cabinets, large TV, fridge, the works. And unlike one past experience, there was coffee available in their in-room coffee-making facility this time around.

The restaurant, though nothing special, was still fine. So was the pool. I guess I'm just so used to this place already, but which only means that it's a tried-and-tested good place to stay in Tagaytay.

Room Tip: If you plan on swimming, check with the hotel first if there's a wedding reception during your i...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded April 23, 2012

Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate it and look forward to seeing you back at Kimberly.

Reviewed April 14, 2012

The wedding package which includes the bride's room is not really fit for a bride. Food is annoyingly late. Hotel staff are ok though.

Stayed: March 2012
6  Thank Tripwithkat
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2012

Dear TripwithKat,

Thank you for your candid feedback. I am sorry for your dissatisfaction but I do believe the hotel and our staff did their best under the circumstances. Do allow me to clarify the issues that you mentioned.

The wedding was booked for 3pm but the instructions were to serve food at 4pm for 100 people. On the day, wedding guests turned up an hour early expecting food and they were 120 not 100 guests. We rushed to set up the food and extra tables as the extra guests waited. Our staff on their part were surprised but decided to go ahead and get everything ready so as not to disappoint the bridal couple.

The room given was a deluxe room and we do inform all couples if they need extra space to book the Kimberly Suite which has a separate living area. This option is available for certain packages and it was not the chosen one, nor did the couple opt to pay an additional fee for it.

If you have any problems, questions or comments with anything above do let me know. I have asked our Sales Manager to directly liaise with you on any further issues you may have. I do take pride in my staff commitment to service and would always welcome any suggestions on how we can improve guest experience with us.
Sincerely yours,

Reviewed April 5, 2012

The hotel is far from Tagaytay proper. The area is peaceful. Its an excellent hotel for its price. one thing i do not like is they don't have hot water at night.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2012

Dear maldita1010,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at Hotel Kimberly Tagaytay and sincerely apologize for the lack of hot water on the night of your visit. In the interest of the environment, we use solar panels to provide hot water throughout the hotel and had a problem with one of our solar panels that has since been fixed. Rest assured this will not happen again. We look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed April 2, 2012

The hotel is not located close to establishments. You need to drive through a long road to get there. There is a big sign by the entrance so you won't get lost. If you don't have a car, your only choice is to eat in their restaurant.

The breakfast buffet is a typical selection of Filipino food such as lugaw, sinangag, tuyo, adobo, tapa, and pansit. However, pancakes and fresh fruits are available if you are not a big fan of heavy breakfast. The breakfast items sit on warmers so they stay warm for a long time. The main problem I have are the flies! So many of them!

The room is really nice, with a big bed and spacious bathroom. The tub is quite small so you don't really soak up nicely, unless you're not that tall. The fridge is well stocked and the television has a wide array of channels. You can even borrow DVDs from the front desk and room service will deliver it straight away.

Overall, a pleasant overnight experience.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 13, 2012

We travelled to Tagaytay over the weekend to escape the summer heat. We were billed at Hotel Kimberly for a night. The hotel is found along Amadeo Road, which is not along the scenic route (no view of Taal), about 15-20 minutes from the Rotunda. Upon arriving at the hotel, we were greeted with welcome drink and checked-in promptly. The stylish hotel lobby is large and airy. We got the well-appointed premium room which easily fit 4 people. The room is equipped with basic amenities like cable TV, mini fridge, electric kettle, safety box, and water heater. The beddings were comfortable and the room temp can be adjusted. The hotel lies on extensive grounds and has a lap pool. The hotel also has an entertainment room across the lobby which is equipped with a pool table, foosball, and air hockey!

We were pretty pleased with this property as we thought the price was reasonable for their offering- good rooms and attentive service. Buffet breakfast was also included (typical Filipino fare: arroz caldo, longganisa, hamon, omelettes, sinangag, etc.) . The main downside to this hotel is its location. No view of Taal from any vantage point of the hotel. While the roads were not congested the weekend we stayed here, we can imagine how difficult to travel from the hotel to the different dining spots in Tagaytay (the real point of travelling to this destination) during the peak season. On another note, the hotel seems to be popular wedding venue in Tagaytay as we witnessed a reception for both days that we stayed there.

I'd recommend the hotel to groups of friends, families, and large groups (conferences, team-building). The hotel however is not for those seeking a romantic getaway.

Overall, two thumbs up.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2012

We availed of Kimberly Hotel's Valentines's day promo for P5,499 nett in a deluxe room that came with a set dinner for two with champagne and massage for one. The package also came with breakfast for two. Kimberly hotel is on Amadeo Road which is a few minutes away from the Tagaytay roundabout. Calls itself a four star hotel but in my opinion, its more of a three star hotel. We were expecting to have a nice quiet romantic dinner but the hotel was hosting a wedding that day so we had the annoying voice of the wedding's host as our romantic dinner background. The set dinner was ok. Nothing special. The set had salad, soup, entree of your choice and dessert. Hubby's quarter chicken and pasta was a disappointment. The quarter cut was so puny (the cut was probably from a spring chicken). I was happy with my tenderloin steak though. It was a generous serving of two 4-5ounces of tenderloin. The supposed "chefs ice cream special" was strawberry ice cream with chocolate syrup and a cherry on top (my 6 yr old could do that special :-) ) Breakfast buffet was adequate. Fried tawilis, ham, corned beef with rice and eggs were served along with salad greens and fruit. Pancakes and arroz caldo were also among the selection. The buffet came with free flowing juice and barako coffee.

The de luxe room we had was spacious and clean but dated. Our room fronted Amadeo road. It wasn't a very busy road but the sound of the tricycles could get you up in the morning along with the gazillion cockerels in the property and around the neighborhood. The bathroom had a tub. Aircon (window type) was noisy. The bed was not comfortable. The mattress was hard and uneven. The sheets although they looked clean smelled like they came from a moldy closet. The tub in the bath leaked all over the bathroom floor after each use. The hotel had a pool, a nice big playground, function rooms, recreation area, a fishing pond (not operational when we were there) and a small farm.

During check out, we were charged for a bottle of water and a bag of Nagaraya nuts. Apparently, you will be charged for the bottled water in the ref and not the bottled water on top of the ref. We didn't notice any sign to inform you us of this and we did not bother to check because we assumed the water bottles were complementary since they were all bottled with the hotel's name on it. No big deal however we did not consume any Nagaraya nuts from the minibar. The lady at the front desk asked us to wait and she later tells us that housekeeping insists that the minibar set is complete. I tell her simply that I won't deny eating a pack of Nagaraya nuts especially if it's only a lousy 25 bucks. She obviously did not take my word for it and had to verify with the head of housekeeping this time. Instead of getting an apology, she informs me that they will just waive the charges. Hinting that an apology was the proper thing to do, I tell her that housekeeping has to be careful regarding this lest to charge guests erroneously. Still, she adamantly points out that the head of housekeeping insists that the items were complete. In short, it was like they were doing me a favor by waiving the charges not realizing that they were actually causing us an inconvenience. Wow! For a lousy 25 bucks, they were willing to destroy a customer relationship. That's smart.

Well, if not for the silly pack of nuts incident, I was telling hubby that this hotel will be a good place to take the kids while we were having breakfast. I'm taking that back. We will probably be better off somewhere else. To take the incident aside and give my unbiased opinion, I'd say that this is not the ideal place for a romantic getaway especially when you're set to impress. You may consider this place for conferences, camps or even a short family vacation. It will be better to chance on their promo rates and not book with the regular rates.

Room Tip: Do not get rooms facing the main road especially if you're a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank ditz_8
Nat0123, General Manager at Hotel Kimberly, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2012

Dear Ditz_8,

It's with regret that I read of your disappointing experience with our front desk reception. I can vouch that subpar service is really the exception with us not the rule Be assured the matter will be addressed immediately along with your other concerns. Please accept our heartfelt apologies.

Reviewed January 12, 2012

We had a perfect New Year get-away! My kids loved this place so much. They had different breakfast to choose from (for kids and for adult). My kids loved the playground. We have no time to use their entertainment area due to lack of time, maybe when we go back here, we'll spend more days. I had a nice sleep. Nice bed and pillows. All inside the room are functioning well. Very clean. Our family loves a quiet place and we're satisfied.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family