All reviewswhole familyjungle walkjeep safaristayed longerbardia npan unforgettable experiencewild tigersspent dayslovely placenice gardenon footraftingaccommodationnepalpythoncampingnature
Reviewed March 25, 2017 via mobile

We spent 5 days at B's place and had an amazing time! Besides the food which was incredible, the whole team was welcoming us heartwarming. It is a happy place to stay, where we could calm down and just enjoy the nature! This place stands for its love for animals and nature which gave the stay one of the best experiences in nepal. Not only the guesthouse, also the jungle safari/camping was incredible & adventurous and gave us the chance to get a glance on a wild tiger, rhino and elephant. Just lovely and highly recommended!

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank TrynkeG2
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

I had a great time staying at mr b's place in Bardia. As a solo traveler with a low budget I unfortunately didn't have much flexibility to do a lot of activities, since this can be quite expensive in Bardia. Mr B and the crew were very accomodating and made my stay in Bardia a great one. We did a great jungle walk and were lucky enough to see a tiger on my first try! The crew are all great and genuinly nice people and the food was really good as well. Highly reccomended.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed February 21, 2017

I went to Bardia mainly to see the Ganges river dolphin. Although it was completely the wrong season for this, Mr. B managed to get me to the right place and we saw 2 (!!) of these highly endangered dolphins. You'd think 'mission completed, time to go', but Bardia (and Mr. B's place in particular) is just way to good to leave. I ended up staying three weeks, enjoying the delicious food, exciting stories about the jungle around the campfire, several great jungle walks, and most of all; lots and lots of laughter.

Mr. B and his wife made me feel part of their family and did everything they could to make my stay wonderful. They helped me when I had some trouble with the bus on the way there, picked me up in Ambasa, and arranged the bus back to Kathmandu. They truly care about you -not just for business. The accommodation was spacious and clean, bed are nice and include a mosquito net. I had a bathroom to myself, and although I chose the cheaper option without hot water, I usually was allowed to use the hot shower of another room. The food is great, portions are large so you won't go hungry ;) You can borrow a bicycle to ride around the village. Staff is very helpful, friendly and always happy. They basically provide everything you need and more!

I highly recommend this place and I'm pretty sure I'll be back one day. If anybody has any questions; feel free to send me a message! ;)

• Stayed: February 2017, traveled solo
2  Thank Heleen M
Reviewed January 10, 2017

Maria and I decided to got Bardia after hearing that we were much more likely to see Tigers there. We had also heard that Mr B's was the best place to stay in Bardia because he had the most knowledge, knew everyone in town and had a warm heart. The rumours we're true. We were wholly welcomed into Mr B's family and looked after wonderfully.
The gardens were beautiful and the food was always perfect. To our great luck and the skill of our guides Sushila and Anjun, we saw rhinocerous, 3 tigers!!! swamp deer, crocodiles, vultures, eagles and many other animals. The raft safari was particularly special. In the afternoons we could relax in the hammocks and gaze across the fields. We would love to return. Thank you so much Mr B and family!!!

• Stayed: June 2016, traveled with friends
2  Thank Tomandala
Reviewed December 30, 2016 via mobile

We had the most wonderful time in Bardia! We did 2 jungle walks with our amazing guides Krishna and Sushila who learned us a lot about the jungle. The food was sooo good and the whole family is so welcoming and caring! We celebrated our Christmas in the best way possible with this lovely family and neighbourhood!! Thank you so much and we will definitely come back :):)

Stayed: December 2016, traveled with friends