All reviews whole family jungle walk jeep safari stayed longer bardia np an unforgettable experience wild tigers spent days lovely place nice garden on foot rafting accommodation nepal python camping nature
Reviewed March 31, 2016

Stayed at Mr.B's Place for the second time. This time for 5 nights together with parts of my family. The rooms are OK to be a jungle lodge. Service and food excellent. To stay at Mr.B's place is like staying in a home, we felt like part of the family.
We had some trips in the National park arranged by Mr. B. He, himself joined us on the rafting safari. During our stay we where able to see; rhinos, all 5 different kind of deers, crocodiles, monkeys, birds but no tiger, this time. (Last year we sew 2 tigers on the same day!)

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 28, 2016

Stayed here for 3 nights when going to the National Park with my family. This place is so nice, the family running the place and the staff are so friendly and helpful. The food served is really really good, but make sure you always have your next meal ordered so you don't have to wait for it. They are building a new kitchen, but right now they doing all the food over open fire because they have so little electricity. Amazing that they can do the food they do with the equipment they have.

The rooms you are staying in are good enough, nothing luxury but you sleep well.

First day here we mostly relaxed, just visited the Elephant "place" watching the elephants the getting back to work.

Day 2 we first took an elephant tour, we took a 1 hour tour but if you want a higher chance of seeing rhinos you need to take a 2 hour tour (beware though, it is not a comfortable ride). After that we went rafting, which was really fun. But we didn't see as much animals as we hoped for and we didn't see any tigers. The biggest reason for this is that the day before prince Harry was here and 5000 polices/militaries scared many of the animals off.

• Stayed: March 2016, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2016

Mr. B's Place is amazing. We spent 2 months in Nepal and when we came to Mr. B's Place we were so suprised to have nice and really clean rooms and bathrooms, an awesome garden and really good Food.
The Family is so friendly and caring

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 24, 2016

Staying at Mr.B's place was simply awesome! From the first moment on I felt more like part of the family than a guest or stranger.
Mr. B. his wife and everyone working there are super friendly and always willing to help, they even allowed us to be part of their lives. They organized all our Jungle trips for us (Rafting, jungle walk, jeep safari and much more), really cared for us and I believe they have the best guides.
Overall food and accommodation here is the best I've seen so far in Nepal. As well as this beautiful garden in front of the small houses!
Mr. B's place is definitely worth going to!

• Stayed: February 2016, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 20, 2016

If you are passionate about wildlife Mr B's and Bardia NP offer a truly unique experience. This was my second visit, having visited at the end of Sept 2015 and realised what a special place this is.

Wildlife: There are very few national parks in the world that allow the opportunity of walking in the presence of Greater One-Horned Rhino and Bengal Tiger.
I had the privilege of seeing both and many more amazing things.
Bardia is not limited to these two big mammals, although they are of course its centrepiece along with wild Asian Elephants so if you are truly passionate about the bush then it really is an incredibly special place.
The guides are fantastic and the walking experience as mentioned is unique, I'd like to say a special thanks to Bibek who accompanied me every day, I appreciated his professionalism and knowledge. We were fortunate to have both tiger sightings to ourselves and this was largely in part due to his recommendations and also an 800m or so sprint to get to a river viewpoint following a cacophony of deer and monkey distress calls, awesome. I'll never forget my first tiger sighting!!
We rafted, walked and did a jeep safari all of which offer different perspectives of the park and all of which I'd recommend if you have the time.
The birdlife is prolific the list is too long but I saw a number of firsts including The Great Slaty Woodpecker (two groups of 4 birds), Asian Openbill, 3 stork species, 5 kingfisher species, 3 bee eater species the list really does go on and on.
The terrain is also very special and not limited to one kind. There is riverine forest, grassland and salforest along with some of the most beautiful old trees I've seen.
There is potential to see big reptiles too and we were able to see a very large rock python, it was in some dense foliage resting and we didn't disturb the snake so a clear viewing of the entire snake was not possible but it was just amazing to see and it was a big snake! Crocodiles and the critically endangered Gharial this animal doesn't get much coverage but it is in fact much rarer than the one-horned rhino and even the tiger with a wild population of only around 1 tenth that of the Bengal tiger, these were very special sightings (Sept and March).
Mammal life as mentioned is amazing, I feel truly blessed to have been able to have such a special experience. Highlights: Tiger, a male and a female (of course how could this not be it was my childhood dream, so beautiful, it was incredible!!), Rhino (7 different sightings, amazing), Smooth-coated Otters (4 sightings, personal highlight!) Mongoose, 5 species of deer including Barking and Sambar which are less commonly seen.

Mr B's Place: Mr. B his family and the staff honestly restore ones faith in humanity, they are fantastic!
The accommodation is basic, clean and comfortable. Towels are provided and warm water is available. I had an air-conditioned room which was good in Sept but the fan was more than sufficient in March.
Mosquito nets are provided (recently they also offer mosquito electric racquets which are very useful in fending off unwanted mosquito's) We used repellant in Sept however I simply wore long trousers and a warm top in the evenings in March. This is a low risk malaria area more so outside of the monsoon season (circa Jun-Aug). The rooms are cleaned every 2/3 days or on request.
The food is great, you will not go hungry at Mr. B's and they've just introduced a new menu which includes some great western dishes over an above the local cuisine, there is also a new coffee machine which is great as good coffee is hard to come by in East Nepal.
Wifi is available when there is power, the signal and speed are good (this region of Nepal is subject to load shedding however the situation is steadily improving).
Washing is done free of charge we did of course take this into consideration when we leaving a tip as it's really not a service that is available everywhere.
Prices, in my opinion everything offered is great value for money from the accommodation and food to the activities offered.
Recommendations:
a torch/headlamp for power cuts (candles and a lighter/matches will be provided)
your own soap (there are many shops nearby to obtain basic necessities)
binoculars (binoculars can be provided upon request and there is also a bird book on site)
Nepalese Rupees are the preferred tender, I'd recommend acquiring when entering the country, we came in through KTM and it was easy to exchange here but becomes more difficult in some other parts of the country.

We travelled as a couple in Sept and in Mar I travelled solo in the hope of a tiger sighting.

Room Tip: As far as I am aware all of the rooms are the same basic layout, bathroom ensuite, fan, mosquito nets and aircon is available in some rooms.
  • Stayed: March 2016, traveled solo