See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 24, 2018 via mobile

We were celebrating a birthday and because cakes are not very easy to find in New Bagan we decided to order a Belgian waffle and cupcake in La Casa di Bagan and some coffee. The prices are high, but okay if it's nice and it's a celebration... the coffee was a very tiny cup half filled with residue (for "only" 3 dollars, because the espresso is 4,50). And then the waffle and cake...they look very nice on the menu! But the only thing they did was removing the plastic from something that was in the supermarket shelf for over 2 years I think. It didn't even look like a cake. Dry and without any taste. We didn't have to pay for the cake because we had only one bite. So I think they agreed with my point. Please use fresh products or remove these things from the menu.

Date of stay: October 2018
Reviewed September 21, 2018 via mobile

first of all why the Spanish / Latin name for your hotel. I just don't understand that. I decided to stay here because I thought it was a great value for my wife and my two little kids. I found the place on Agoda hotel bookings. I read the reviews which said that the place had a great breakfast. Whoever wrote that must be used to eating dust for breakfast. Now here's the Good the Bad and the Ugly

THE GOOD:
The best thing about this place was the price and as the saying goes you get what you pay for, my bad. The staff was super nice, but then again Burma is made up of super nice people except for a small few of course. You can say the location is good but then all the locations are good in bagan. Nothing is very far from each other. We were leaving late in the evening for an overnight bus trip and we needed something to eat for our girls. the management was quite thoughtful and they made us waffles with super artificial whipped cream, candied sprinkles and some kind of unknown syrup maybe it was honey. It's the thought that counts.

THE BAD:
we booked our room through Agoda.com and so did my friend. We both stayed at the same hotel. When we got there they brought us to rooms that we did not book, both of us!! really!!!! You've got to be kidding me. Agoda shows what the room is supposed to look like. So there's no getting around it. We were supposed to have a room with 3 single beds and they brought us up to a room with two single beds, come on are you serious. Why are they trying to give us the runaround, I don't know, the place was practically empty, it was slow season. The dining room had a beautiful kitchen, so you would think somebody would be doing something nice in it. But breakfast was a plate of lukewarm noodles and a basket of semi stale assorted bread and Danish, also there was no fruit to be had at all.

THE UGLY:
The hotel sits on the corner at the end of New Bagan. It is quite attractive from the outside a white hotel with red trim. Early in the morning you could see the staff outside sweeping and cleaning up the place. It seems that they're always doing some kind of Maintenance putting in new plants or redecorating. What they really need to do is redecorate the rooms which seem to have been way past their Prime. The description said that breakfast would be on the roof, but it was not. We had to eat downstairs but just for laughs I went to go check the roof. It was a shambles.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed September 6, 2018 via mobile

It’s just lies in beginning of new Bagan. It’s near by to all the heritage site of Bagan. Staff are so kind and nice. Room with price was reasonable. It’s more easier to pass and get near by restaurant in area.

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed August 7, 2018 via mobile

Great place to stay on the outskirts of New Bagan, ideal for exploring the temples. The staff were wonderful and breakfast was excellent. Will stay again on my next visit

Darli Looked after us very well, nothing was too much trouble. She was excellent

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed January 7, 2018 via mobile

I live in Bagan and work for an ngo.

My son came to visit me for the holidays and I booked him at this hotel for 5 nights.

On arrival, the room charges were $40usd higher than my booking.com agreement. The staff said this was "tax", even though my booking.com reservation states clearly "5% tax and 10% service charge included". After three days of hassles they finally allowed me to pay the agreed rate.

On our final day, we found that a gift of Swiss chocolates my son had brought for me had been stolen from the room. The chocolate was expensive (over $60usd worth) and a gift, so this was disappointing.

When we informed the owners, we were told that the owner's watch had been stolen from a hotel in Vancouver. What does this have to do with me? Why are staff allowed to take belongings from guest rooms without consequences?

We were then charged full price for our dinner, not even offered a discount. Very disappointing.

If you are concerned about room theft or don't like to be overcharged for your room, I suggest staying at a different hotel. ☹️

Date of stay: January 2018