Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Birdsocks
Boston, Massachusetts

Best hostels in Myanmar!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Oct 26, 2017
Great common space, very social, staff super nice and helpful (thanks Steve!), very clean and comfortable!! Seriously, I stayed at all three Ostello Bello locations in Myanmar, and they were all superb. Myanmar doesn't have much of a night life, everything closes down at 11-11:30pm, but the Ostello Bello locations were usually still hopping at night if you wanted to drink and be social after everything else shut down :) Plus the food was great! STAY HERE!! Bagan is the best, stay forever.
Date of stay: April 2017
5.1 miles from Ostello Bello Bagan
Bungalow!!
4.9 miles from Ostello Bello Bagan
View more hotels in Bagan
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I enjoyed my stay here so much I extended it to 4 nights. Everything from the staff, the facilities, daily organised group events, food and drink were great. In a good location too, next door to e-bikes, close to temples and restaurants. As a solo traveller I really appreciated the group tours, like sunrise and sunset by e-bike, river cruise and full day trips. While I was there I also joined in on a Burmese lesson and a fun bingo game- the social atmosphere is great. I stayed at all of the Ostello Bellos in Myanmar and would very happily return.

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 17, 2017 via mobile

I had a great stay at Ostello Bello! It's a very social hostel and I met a bunch of really cool people while I was there.

I stayed for 3 nights which was the perfect amount of time in Bagan. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bar is a great place for a cocktail or four during their happy hour and has a pretty good food menu as well. Loved the free pasta 3 times a day too! One of the staff took us out for lunch one day to try some of Myanmar's local dishes which was nice.

A highlight for me was doing the sunset cruise that they organise 3 times a week. Watching the sun set over the river is so beautiful, and is another great opportunity to meet people. Will be recommending to anyone I know travelling to Bagan.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed October 17, 2017

I loved staying at Ostello Bello, the staff were really friendly and helpful, the location is perfect, the rooms are clean and the people are lovely. There is a great atmosphere to the hostle. I was there during the Light Festival and the staff arranged a special evening visiting one of the temples as part of the Light Festival and that was a highlight of my trip. Would thoroughly recommend this Hostle to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2017
Reviewed September 19, 2017

This whole chain is as good as it gets, the staff is amzaing, the place is amazing and most of all the ambiance is amazing. Myanmar is a bit more on the expensive side but this place is so worth it. Would come back any day.

Room tip: expensive but its myanmar
Date of stay: July 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

We arrived here from staying at the little yangon hostel (great place!) and greeted by a very rude and unwelcoming Burmese lady on reception. She didn't seem to want to give us any help/guidance for our stay in Bagan however thankfully we later met some western people who where working at the hostel, they where super friendly and helpful so this made our experience a lot better. We chose this hostel for the atmosphere however you would be better staying at a much cheaper hostel and just coming to ostello bello for the bar which is open to non guests until 11pm. The air con in the room didn't really work so it was very stuffy and considering we paid for a private double room at £50 a night we expected this to be a basic requirement. The rooms where clean along with the rest of the hostel but it just wasn't worth the money and the woman who welcomed us was too rude and miserable.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple