“Nice and clean”

Amazing Bagan Resort
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Bagan
Reviewed July 2, 2014 via mobile

The hotel is placed on a very quiet place surrounded by trees and fields. Our room
Was big and was not attached to the main building, more like a bungalow. The swimming pool was clean and you would get clean towels by the pool. The hotel let you borrow bicycles for free. It takes about 30min from the hotel to old Bagan by bicycle, but on the way to old Bagan you will see a lot of pagodas on each side of the road. I think the bicycle ride was the highlight of the whole stay. Really stunning.

• Stayed: June 2014
3  Thank Le-Hansen
There are newer reviews for Amazing Bagan Resort

Reviewed June 30, 2014

The staff is most helpful in every way, the room was comfortable and very neat, and the grounds uniquely beautiful. We arrived just before sunset and loved wandering the grounds as the fading sun lit up the flowers and trees surrounding the hotel. The pool is super important during the summer because of the heat and we enjoyed happy hour cocktails in the afternoon that were tasty and affordable. The food is good, service excellent, and the rooms are very quiet and private.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at Amazing Bagan Resort. They let us to have compliementry early check-in at 8am in the morning and various choice of breakfast, bicycle for free, staff are friendly.
Wifi works most of the time and we liked the pool too! Good value for a holiday but we always have to get a taxi for going to town for dinner because of no light on the street for approx 10mins driver.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 26, 2014

This Hotel has got it right - in every respect.

From the warm and friendly greeting, to the final goodbye, this was service excellence personified.

Rooms spotlessly clean - with bathroom amenities really great. Good quality linen, and comfortable beds, with a turn-down service in the evening with a little surprise, made for relaxing and peaceful sleep.

Beautifully manicured gardens, with huge pool added to a memorable experience.

During my stay I fell ill, and the staff and management couldn't do enough to help - even phoning my room regularly to see how I was doing.

Extensive buffet breakfast was both appetizing and of good quality.

Burma's accommodation standards generally - are to say the least - very poor. 'Amazing' proved that not all was lost - and in fact, this Hotel can easily compete with 5-star establishments in both Thailand and Cambodia.

A HUGE 'thank you' to Mangement and Staff for making such a difference to my holiday in Myanmar.

Room Tip: Choose one of the suites/bungalows surrounding the swimming pool.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Clean, quiet and borderline luxurious 4-to-5 star property away from the main drag at Nyaung U. The staff were extremely responsive and friendly, letting us check in quite a few hours ahead of time and being superb about booking horse carts and taxis on short notice (after our attempt at biking failed pathetically). The rooms are quiet, large and clean -- and the facilities have the air of a luxurious tropical getaway resort without some of the less necessary bells and whistles. One of the highlights is the puppet show put on by two members of the staff that seemed quite a bit better than some of the hotel shows I've seen in other SE Asian countries (e.g. Bali). It turns out that the two staffers were hired largely because they had spent two years being trained in traditional Burmese puppetry. The hotel is quite a distance from the main cluster of hotels as well as the main sights, which is both a plus and a minus because the main drag is exactly that. Going during the off-season, we paid less than what a Motel 6 room might go for back in the States, which made the experience an extreme bargain by any means. Overall, strongly recommended especially at the price.

Room Tip: All the rooms were quiet and good, as far as we could tell.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as I had to stay an extra night in Bagan and my hotel was full and figured it looked nice.

What a disappointment! The whole place looked knackered and certainly not of a 4 star quality more a low 3 star. My room had a bat flying in the rafters above it and when I complained they said they knew about it but did nothing. They did offer to move my room but at 9.30pm at night when I was all unpacked to move me to a room that hadn't had aircon on all day (bagan is about 40 in the day and about 35 at night so trust me a cool room is vital), when really they should deal with the problem at hand.

There are no lifts so you also have to haul your luggage down the stairs which again for a 4 star isn't acceptable.

When I went to rent an e-bike they told me they were all gone and instead told me to use a push bike and find my own e-bike, and the push bikes that the hotel gave out were in terrible condition...most of which the tyres were flat and the only two options for me was for a bike too big for me (do I couldn't reach the peddles) or one too small so I had to ride off like I was riding a kids bike...,again all of which isn't acceptable of a 4 star hotel!

There was rust in my bath and the shower hook was half way up the wall, so fine for midgets but us ordinary folk have to shower holding the shower head. All of which is not acceptable of a 4 star hotel.

Avoid this one and stay at the Blue Bird.... That's amazing, this one is not!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed May 30, 2014

First the basics were all perfect - clean room, comfortable bed, warm showers and friendly staff. After that I’d say the interior design was very well done. I complained a bit about the wifi and I don’t know what they did, but the wifi signal in my room was perfect after the first night. And it probably had one of the better wifi speeds around Myanmar. The hotel did a fantastic job with helping me arrange a car for the tour around Bagan and I gotta say was some of the friendliest staff I’ve met in my travels.

The only negative is that the hotel is a bit detached from Nyaung U city, but the bicycles are free to rent and the e-bikes (scooters) were only 4000 MMK per half day. This is the same price as you’ll get in the city! So the distance didn't bother me at all.

Also, having stayed also at an Amazing resort in Inle, I'm just impressed with this hotel group.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo