“Great food, great service”
Review of Nooch Bagan

Nooch Bagan
Ranked #124 of 174 Restaurants in Bagan
Cuisines: Barbecue, Burmese, Chinese, Thai, Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed November 25, 2013

We had 3 nights in Bagan and ate at Nooch twice. The staff were excellent, helpful and had good English. We ordered a variety of dishes between us and everyone enjoyed the food - there is a good choice at reasonable prices. I had been unwell and was bored of plain rice so ordered the grilled fish but asked for it without the sauce - in some of the restaurants this might be difficult to get across but there was no problem here and it was delicious. The next day I was feeling better so went for the duck in brown sauce, and my friends all had (and enjoyed) the Pad Thai. Highly recommend Nooch

Reviewed November 23, 2013

We were early and were among the first guests to arrive. We were sat in the rear area near the a/c, I think this was a place of honor but sometimes the a/c is very cold after spending all day in 35C heat.
The staff was really good, we had several people taking care of us and they seemed to coordinated as we got what we had asked for and nothing redundent. They brought us a never ending supply of peanuts making points in my book. (I like peanuts)
The one odd thing was the lighting. I am not sure if the flouresent tubes were grow lights or black lights but the purple glow along with the purple and teal decor is somewhat irritating. This is not a stay away proposition though.
The menu had more items than the standard Chinese and tourist Myanmar food on most menus. The food arrived hot and timely. It was very good and I think rated amongst the best meals we had in Myanmar.
Go there if just to meet the staff.

1  Thank MurTheExplorer
Reviewed November 19, 2013

Another great example of great quality food in Myanmar.
The owner is very passionate and a people person, she will sit with you after your meal, discuss your travel plans and most likely offer you a complimentary dessert!
Staff are generally attentive and act swiftly - the only uncomfortable feeling was when the kids began to fan us during the meal.

The food was simply exquisite. I'd highly recommend both the ginger chicken and veal curry. The meats were cooked beautifully and the sauces that they came with were sublime. I am salivating thinking about it now! Wash the meal down with the utterly amazing lemon and mint juice. The best remedy for a hot and dry day. Also watch out for the Tamarind sweet treats served after the bill has been settled.

Personally thought it was the best eatery in Bagan. They have a dart board and a giant television that plays music and local television. Requests were accepted.

1  Thank Mikael S
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Excellent service, quick, attentative, interested in guests, very good food (much better than in Bagan hotels we tried), cheap by European standards.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stumbled upon this place late at night and we were very pleasantly surprised by the excellent food and the charming staff. The restaurant is run by a gay couple who have travelled the world and have decided to return to Myanamar to start afresh. And what a good job they are doing. The food was one of the best we tasted in the whole of our trip, especially the duck. We highly recommend this gay friendly with excellent food restaurant.