Open today: 9:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Balloons over Bagan tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Balloons over Bagan
from $350.00
More Info
from $420.50
More Info
1,100 results
All reviews balloon ride champagne breakfast croissants vintage bus once in a lifetime safety briefing banana bread hot air balloon launch site premium service amazing experience ground crew photos taken worth every dollar tea and coffee highlight of our trip premium package
Reviewed yesterday

I rarely splurge on things when I'm traveling, but this was a bucket list item for me, and I really wanted to give it a try. The entire experience was amazing. The only thing I was disappointed in is that the advertising has photos of the balloons very close to the temples. We were told they aren't allowed to fly that close anymore, and we were very far above them. Still it was beautiful.

Reviewed yesterday

I must admit that I was a bit apprehensive about the balloon ride before we started. However, after listening to our captain, David Head, I felt confident and completely relaxed. The trip was simply fantastic! We watched the sun rise, as we peacefully glided over the temples of Bagan. David provided interesting information and pointed out various temples throughout the flight. After we landed we had a wonderful breakfast, catered by Sharky's, which included delicious cheeses, charcuterie, and individual omelets made in little cast iron pans. And, more importantly, we had champagne!! Thanks again to David for making this such a pleasurable experience!

Reviewed 3 days ago

This was my first balloon experience, and I really enjoyed it. It was not as thrilling as I anticipated, but more a beautiful experience watching the world float by, except you are crammed into the balloon with 15 other people who each paid $400USD and there were about 11 other balloons up that day.

The overall experience was great, collected in a vintage bus, coffee on arrival, safety was excellent and then on landing a breaky and champas which was great.

My major problem was then the people coming around trying to sell things to you as you are sitting there sipping champagne after a balloon ride (they literally in your ear). It would have been nice to have a moment and not be harassed to buy things. These sellers are literally on the opposite side of a rope, creating this us and them situation.

I understand the livelihood aspect of supporting locals, however it felt that the dynamics here were off and I felt guilty sitting there while someone tries to sell me goods.

Reviewed 4 days ago via mobile

This was my first time experienced balloon, and i think why not tried it in Bagan. The process was smooth from online booking, call them 1 day earlier (from Bagan) to confirm pick-up time at the hotel in the morning. They pick up 15 minutes earlier than expected. Upon arrival, they provide coffee and tea with butter biscuits (which are really nice), before the safety briefing started.

The preparation, balloon riding and landing are smooth, some pictures took by them during the riding, and our pilot, Chris, was really nice and informative.

Upon landing, champagne and foods were provided, the croissant worth special mention.

In the beginning i thought the price a bit too expensive, but considering the safety checking, the ground staff, the transport and the food, as well as the behind the screen for all the work before and after landing, it's worth the price.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

What an awesome experience.
I was not sure because I have never done anything like this before.
It was breathtaking.
The pilot was wonderful as was the support staff—The arthritis in my knee was acting up but they helped me get in and out.
They had coffee before and champagne with fresh fruit,croissants and cake after.
I would highly recommend this trip and company.

Reviewed 6 days ago

What a wonderful experience very professional pilot David great flying and very capable support crew fantastic views great breakfast all round amazing experience

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Don’t miss the opportunity to experience this. Watching the sunrise while flying over the Bagan Stupas, no sound apart from the occasional spurt of the gas burners is incredible. The pilots are highly experienced (ours was Barry from Ireland) and safety is top priority. If you get cold easily you’ll only need a light jumper/jacket for the early morning bus ride to the takeoff site. I wore a shawl and then just a tshirt for the balloon ride. I just don’t think you should miss this if coming to Bagan. I would definitely recommend Balloons over Bagan as the company to go with.

Reviewed 1 week ago

Flying over Bagan temples in the early morning was such a wonderful experience, one of a life time! The weather was perfect and the team of Balloons over Bagan was awesome. We were picked up at the hotel in the morning (by bus) and brought to the launch field. Our pilot, Dan, was super friendly, fun and we overall felt very safe. He was knowledgeable about the area and explained us a lot of things about ballooning as well. At landing, we enjoyed a cup of champaign :) If you travel to Myanmar, and despite the cost of a flight, this has to be on your bucket list - you simply can't miss that opportunity!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Just incredible. Amazing views, extraordinary experience. Nobby and his team went above and beyond. One of the most beautiful places I've ever seen.

You will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

What a treat. Today three of us took the balloon ride over Bagan. It was absolutely spectacular. Graham was our pilot and it was quite exciting and took wonderful photos. Champagne, and goodies to eat at the end. We were picked up & dropped off at our hotel