“Great Bread”

Star Beam
Ranked #22 of 184 Restaurants in Bagan
Cuisines: Asian, Burmese, French, Central European
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: {One in new Bagan }and {One in Old Bagan}.Home-cooked, clean, traditional Myanmar food and French bistro fare prepared by local classically-Chef. Lunch and Dinner Highlights include:- Fresh-baked French baguettes & sandwiches- Bagan & Rakhine traditional curries- Specialty salads including eggplant, avocado, & tea leaf- Creamy pumpkin soup- Grilled Irrawaddy River fish- Roasted pork loin
Reviewed July 1, 2018

We were the only people in this place when we visited in low season, a few items not available on the menu but they did make an effort to accommodate my wife's request for a papaya salad and went out to purchase a papaya.

The girls are friendly and the food was not bad; top marks for their bread which was excellent.

One point though, I was eaten alive by mosquitoes over the course of the meal so if going make sure and have some repellent (which i had forgotten to take)

Good prices.

Date of visit: June 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,045)

Reviewed April 24, 2018 via mobile

My guide recommended this cute little restaurant and I wasn’t disappointed. It has a cosy atmosphere, the prices are low and I enjoyed my dinner there. Wifi is free. The inly disturbing thing was, that the waiter was every 5 minutes on my side to fill up my beer etc.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed April 15, 2018 via mobile

Food was nice even though abit salty as almost all the restaurants in Myanmar. Nice drinks. Staff were very friendly. This is one of the most expensive restaurant in New Bagan.

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed March 27, 2018

Was very short walk from our hotel at Arthawka and the decor was nothing special but the food was extremely good.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed February 21, 2018

Really enjoyed my dinner here. It had a nice local charm to it and was being run by two sweet young people. I obviously recommend you order Burmese food here.

Date of visit: February 2018