Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews river view old bagan sunset bar happy hour lovely resort lovely pool breakfast buffet swimming pool hotel grounds puppet show balconies aye banks irrawaddy oasis
Selected filters
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is located in Old Bagan and a number of sights are within walking distance, such as the Royal Palace, the National Museum, and a big number of old pagodas and temples. Just next to the hotel is a small village whose people offer boat trips on the Irrawaddy river.
The hotel consists of a number of small houses which are in a well kept garden that is beautiful to walk around. A swimming pool is in the middle of the compound.
My room was quite spacious and had a very comfortable king size bed, a well functioning air con and a TV set, but with very mixed quality, depending on the programme. WiFi is free and works more or less good, apparently depending on day time. The pretty big bathroom with both bath tub and shower. It appeared to me that the room, especially the bathroom, was a bit run down. But what really annoyed me was the lack of warm water.
For breakfast, the hotel offers a buffet which is pretty well equipped, including a station for fresh eggs or omelettes, given that it has sometimes been criticised by other viewers. The restaurant seemed to me overpriced and the dinner I had there once was just ok, but not more.
All staff I came across were very nice and sometimes up for a good chat. But some employees clearly need to improve their English. But there is always another staff close by who can help out.
Despite the cold water in the shower, I enjoyed my stay in the hotel.

Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Nice venue overall, but we were unpleased with the following:

1. Poor breakfast. No buffet, only very limited a la carte menu (english, American or Asian breakfast choices). And very bad cooked (bacon and sausages were over grilled)

2. Rooms need some renovation. Old furniture, no racks in the bathroom, water pressure is very low

The hotel was much better in 2011 when we visited last time

Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2017 via mobile

We spent one night at Aye Yar.

Before I stayed in another hotels in Bagan and for the money I paid here you can find something better.

The rooms are nice, clean, good service, nice pool.

The location is not the best in Bagan. The food at the hotel wasn't something I would repeat.

Breakfast is just ok

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2017 via mobile

A very nice resort, well designed and built. On par with top 5 star resorts in Asia for its location. I'll never forget my first time seeing the river from the river view terrace. Good pool and spa. The staff were all helpful and friendly. They helped me book a flight and find a good place to eat outside. The food at their restaurant is excellent. Italian trained chef!

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed September 9, 2017

We stayed at this resort for 3 nights and totally loved our stay.
The rooms were large and the bed king size and comfy. The resort facilities are what you would expect. The hotel isn't near any local restaurants with using a cab - and for us dealing with mid to high 40degrees temps - we happily just enjoyed nights but the bar under the wonderful care staff.
We were able to arrange tours and electric bike hire at the gates of the hotel and getting around Bagan is very easy.

Date of stay: May 2017