“One of the most incredible travel experiences I've had”

Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading
Book In Advance
More Info
$99.00*
and up
Lost Temples of Bagan Private Tour
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We offer Bagan tours and Myanmar adventures for people who usually don't take tours or hire guides. We're different, and we like it that way! We're a local social business offering mountain biking, photography, Bagan balloon rides, trekking, bamboo crafting, cooking classes and village walking tours in Bagan, Myanmar (Burma). Three Treasures is the first of its kind in Bagan, offering once-in-a-lifetime travel experiences that support local communities in a way that is socially, economically and environmentally sustainable. Are you searching for secluded temples for sunrise? Magical sunsets on the Irrawaddy riverside? Real interactions and memories with locals? Contact us today!
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access
Reviewed June 20, 2017

We had only two days in Bagan and wanted to capture as much of its essence as we could. We booked Three Treasures after reading all the reviews of them and definitely glad that we did! Ian and his team were absolutely amazing. Everything was well-thought out and carefully planned and we felt very well-looked after from the time they picked us up to when they dropped us off at our hotel. We went during the rainy season and the weather was pretty unpredictable. My parents also had some difficulty with stairs and climbing and Ian managed to take all of that into account pretty quickly to play it by ear and give us a fabulous experience. This was no "ticking off the box" type group tour. We were brought to visit pagodas that were less crowded and at times when the popular ones were less packed. Went off the beaten track to explore little villages and distant pagodas where few people go to. Our final evening watching the sunset on a boat along the Irrawady river was truly a magical experience. And U-thar: the sprightly seventy-one year old ex-school teacher turned tour guide was truly a store house of knowledge of not only Bagan and Myanmar but also of Buddhist culture and history. Also got an insight into the development work that Ian and U-thar were involved in- truly an inspiration! Definitely a must if you're visiting Bagan!

Date of experience: June 2017
"koko"
"sustainable"
"mission"

Reviewed May 5, 2017 via mobile

Keen to experience the real Bagan I was fortunate enough to stumble across Three treasures and it was the best thing that could ever have happened -I truly could not have hoped for more from Ian and his team.

Time spent with TTRT was the highlight of my trip to Myanmar, without question! Ian's knowledge and insight of the country and from his experiences was fascinating-sharing information with us through the days spent with him. Thanda (coral reef) was always on hand to help out, and the boat guides Thai Thai and Mimi were also excellent in sharing their knowledge and culture-and a good laugh!

It was also wonderful to meet and spend time with locals as we cycled and ebiked throughout the day, either known to Ian and his team or not. Their warm smiles and big hearts are forever ingrained in my memory and heart, and for this I will always be hugely grateful. Meeting those with little, but showing no jealousy or bitterness, but a joy and fascination for new faces.

If you're wish to take some time out and reflect, or have just an open mind-the out the Buddhist experience and learn to meditate, walking meditation is the best!

The activities themselves were well organised, excellent equipment, with every little detail thought of and considered-plus Wonderful food! Nothing was too much effort.

While there was an itinerary, TTRT were always flexible to go with the flow where possible - to make sure the best time was had and to allow for the experience being had at the time to drive the schedule rather than vice Versa-so rate these days! (And refreshing from the package tours which are the only other option!)

There was a real generosity of time and energy; a rarity these days-and so valuable.

Incredible, magical time! If you're in Myanmar or Bagan you MUST book in with TTRT.

All the best to TTRT!

Date of experience: February 2017
1  Thank Cathryn F
Reviewed April 9, 2017

The first thing I want to say is we were so LUCKY to meet IAN! I don't even want to imagine what our experience of Bagan would be if we had not hired Ian as our guide!!! Where do I start? Honestly I think none of my words can truly express what it was like to spend 2 days with Ian and his amazing team! The best to describe my feelings -pure magic in the air and Ian is the magician in charge of the show!!! Every little detail was wowing us to a higher point. So much thought, so much care, so much love to provide the best service and the best memories for his guests - thats what Ian does, thats his style,nothing less! He is a very hardworking MAN on a mission, touching everyone around him with big heart and sharing his wisdome. Me and my girlfriend hired Ian as a photographer as well and he did amazing photos of us along the way. The Private meditation in one of the Pagodas in the morning and soulful conversations about buddhism and life just added more meaning to all of the beauty surrounding us. I am saying a lot of general words here, because I know that whatever Ian did for us will not be the same compared to what is he gonna do for you, there for does not matter what activities exactly we did, you gonna have YOUR special magical time when Ian will put together a tour for you according to your preferences. Summarising it all, if you are reading this review STOP reading it and CONTACT IAN NOW before he gets booked on the days you arrive to Bagan! he works privately with small groups of people providing the best customised VIP LUXURY experience that is absolutely PRICELESS! its unique !its one of a kind! its a hidden gem of Bagan! I am 1000000 times grateful for sweet memories we had in Bagan with Ian and his team! Agree with other reviews - its probably by far THE BEST TOUR experiences in my LIFE!!!

1  Thank Ekaterina I
ianhayes72, General Manager at Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2017

Hi Ekaterina,

Thank you so much for this fantastic review!

We had a marvellous time hosting you and Maria here in Bagan. From your engagement, humour and curiosity about Buddhism and Burmese culture, to our photo shoots around the pagodas, it was a lot of fun for us as well!

We wish you, your family and Maria all the best for 2017 and beyond!

Cheers,

Reviewed April 6, 2017 via mobile

Exploring Bagan with Three Treasures tourism is an absolute must while traveling through Myanmar. Ian and his team arranged an incredible two days for us, full of sunset dinners, e-bike adventures, sunrise sightseeing, Buddhist history and culture, private Pagodas, and wonderful conversations about life, love, and happiness. It was truly an experience we will never forget. Three Treasures will customize an itinerary just for your specific needs and seamlessly pull off arranging 5 different modes of transportation and three home cooked meals and snacks, all while guiding you through the mystical, magical, and spiritual world of Bagan. The Three Treasures team were absolutely the best tour guides we've ever hired and we couldn't recommend them more.

1  Thank AlliBloom

Dear Alli,

Thank you so much for this great review!

The team and I had such a wonderful time hosting you and Daniel in Bagan, discovering new places and enjoying local food by the riverside. Your enthusiasm, curiosity and humour were very much appreciated.

We at Three Treasures wish you all the best as you continue your work in Chicago, and hope to hear more about your developments in future!

Best,

See more reviews
Reviewed March 19, 2017

My family all loved the tour with Ian. First, Ian is very responsive on messages. Second, we were supposed to have this bamboo crafting workshop but since the master have family issues that need to be back to Yangon so Ian emailed me and offered another local tour which is really awesome. We got to meet at the village and start walking around and know about the real local lives. And we got to visit a bamboo crafting workshop runned by a family of 9 and we can see the whole process of how skillful to make a lacquarware. We are really impressed and this place sell at a fair trade price and they deserved it. The quality is really good and we got some good sovenirs to bring back. And at the end we rested in front of an unknown temple and have tea and refreshments ( with comfort seatings )and I got to smoke with grandma . It's such a great trip and I really recommend everyone of you who plan to visit Bagan to book a tour or workshop with Ian.

1  Thank pc20001126
ianhayes72, General Manager at Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Thank you CM! It was great fun to host you and your family in Bagan. I think you guys won the award for funniest and most joyful guests of all time! You really made bamboo crafting a memorable experience. The Naing family still talks about you.

I hope you see you and your sister again soon...

A lotus for you,