Open today: 6:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading
from $100.00
More Info
from $129.00
More Info
All reviews walking meditation local monastery hidden temples solo traveller unique experience off the beaten track two days myanmar culture boat ride full day tour watching the sunset tour guide old bagan ian koko sustainable mission
Reviewed March 19, 2017

My family all loved the tour with Ian. First, Ian is very responsive on messages. Second, we were supposed to have this bamboo crafting workshop but since the master have family issues that need to be back to Yangon so Ian emailed me and offered another local tour which is really awesome. We got to meet at the village and start walking around and know about the real local lives. And we got to visit a bamboo crafting workshop runned by a family of 9 and we can see the whole process of how skillful to make a lacquarware. We are really impressed and this place sell at a fair trade price and they deserved it. The quality is really good and we got some good sovenirs to bring back. And at the end we rested in front of an unknown temple and have tea and refreshments ( with comfort seatings )and I got to smoke with grandma . It's such a great trip and I really recommend everyone of you who plan to visit Bagan to book a tour or workshop with Ian.

Date of experience: March 2017
1  Thank pc20001126
ianhayes72, General Manager at Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2017

Thank you CM! It was great fun to host you and your family in Bagan. I think you guys won the award for funniest and most joyful guests of all time! You really made bamboo crafting a memorable experience. The Naing family still talks about you.

I hope you see you and your sister again soon...

A lotus for you,

Reviewed February 19, 2017 via mobile

Three treasures was recommended by a friend as a great way to really experience Bagan and see beyond the Tourism. We went on a boat ride with his team. A lovely group of guides in training from the local area who have great english skills and lots of character. They are more like a family and thats what my day felt like. A day out with family which as a solo traveller is a beautiful experience. We went to a quiet strip of the river away from the crowds and had tea as i got to know everyone. Uthaung ("the old man") describes himself as a guide in training but his english skills and wealth of knowledge of Bagan makes him more of a zen master in my eyes. He knows everything about every pagoda down to the tiniest detail.

After tea we went down the river. Providing an amazing view of bagans pagodas and land scape as well as letting you see life on the other side of the river which is true local life a complete opposite to the tourism orientated life im old bagan. They took me to some hidden temple caves rarely see by visitors. I was also invited by local monks to eat with them and have tea.

The best part might have been the boat ride home seeing Bagan by sunset from the river then watching sunset from the best view and being treated to a local dance by Thantar and the boat mans children.

I have even been invited to have dinner with Uthaung and his family. Score!

Don't miss out.

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Dan J
ianhayes72, General Manager at Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2017

Thank you for your visit, Daniel! We had a ball welcoming you into our family for the day. Your dancing skills are amazing!

We hope to welcome you again in Burma on your next round-the-world adventure. Next time: Mt Popa!

Cheers,

Reviewed February 11, 2017

I was originally looking for just a food tour of Bagan, and stumbled across Three Treasures. I booked a day long photography and walking tour, which turned out to be one of the most amazing tourism experiences I've ever had! Ian was very responsive beforehand to make sure and tailor my tour to see/do exactly what I wanted, and was flexible for detours on the day of. We ended up going for both sunrise and sunset, as well as taking a very nice walk through a small nearby village and meeting the locals and observing their daily life. He took me to some of the more special pagodas and temples, with unique exterior architecture and interior paintings. He also goes through a lot of effort to ensure the people we came across or helped during the tour were fairly treated and well compensated. Truly, sustainable tourism at its finest.

All in all, it was literally EVERYTHING I ever wanted out of a tour.

Date of experience: February 2017
2  Thank Lannie S
ianhayes72, General Manager at Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2017

Hi Lannie,

Thank you for this fantastic review. I had a lovely day out with you; for a few hours it didn't feel like work! I'm glad we were able to meet your expectations for the day and make up for your day missed due to the ebike accident. Enjoy your time with friends in Vietnam and a safe return to the States!

A lotus for you,

Reviewed January 26, 2017 via mobile

We were fortunate enough to book not only one, but two days with Ian, and were blown away by his sheer generosity, kindness and knowledge of Bagan. Ian made a personal effort to ensure that we had, on both days, a unique experience.

We attended a secluded sunrise, a personal meditation experience and bamboo weaving class on our first day. Our second day was an incredibly knowledgeable tour of numerous pagodas and a horsecart tour to a very secluded sunset pagoda.

But the beauty of the experience was what was not mentioned in any pamphlet; we visited locals preparing for a local festivals, had tea with local caretakers of pagodas, and were lucky enough to meet Ian's adorable puppy, Scooby (very efficient at chasing goats and riding motorcycles).

From the bottom of our hearts, we want to thank Ian for showing us Bagan and how responsible tourism should be done all over the world: giving back to help the community. We wish you and your dedicated team all the best, Ian.

Duy & Annie

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank Duy P

Dear Duy & Annie,

Thank you so much for your visit and this splendid review! It was a pleasure to host you in Bagan and share some special moments together. It's guests like you that make our work here possible.

Warm regards,

Reviewed January 20, 2017 via mobile

We just arrived back from a great afternoon and sunset experience with Three Treasures. It was absolutely amazing. We came into places where not many tourists come and Ian and the guides have great connections with the locals. We felt so welcome. The sunset on the secluded pagoda was a once in a lifetime experience. Just us and so incredibly peaceful. They made it an experience we will never forget. And, also important, it is a responsible organization. The locals get fair shares and they're doing great things for the community. So it goes both ways. After the 'tour' (that really didn't feel like a regular touristic tour - in a good way), Ian recommended us a great restaurant and brought me back my sunglasses that I left at the pagoda. We will definately come back to Bagan one day and book again with them!

Date of experience: January 2017
1  Thank lm20006
ianhayes72, General Manager at Three Treasures Responsible Tourism & Trading, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2017

Hi Lieke and Mark,

Thank you very much for this wonderful review! It was a pleasure to host you here in Bagan and we are so pleased to know that we were able to meet your expectations for your visit. We are very happy to welcome guests like you to our Bagan community!

Best wishes for safe travels,
Ian Hayes